International News Covid-19 .....

The clinical trial which I am part of has published it’s first results, Proseco is looking at vaccine effectiveness in patients who have undergone chemotherapy treatment for blood cancer.
61% of patients who had received the vaccine who were undergoing chemotherapy or had recently had chemotherapy didn’t produce antibodies, it appears that after 6 months chemotherapy has much less effect, so this will be a group of people who will need social distancing, mask wearing, high standards of hygiene to protect themselves and to be revaccinated

The clinical trial which I am part of has published it’s first results, Proseco is looking at vaccine effectiveness in patients who have undergone chemotherapy treatment for blood cancer.
61% of patients who had received the vaccine who were undergoing chemotherapy or had recently had chemotherapy didn’t produce antibodies, it appears that after 6 months chemotherapy has much less effect, so this will be a group of people who will need social distancing, mask wearing, high standards of hygiene to protect themselves and to be revaccinated

Thanks for taking part, hope everything works out well. (y)
There is a whole raft of trials looking at chemo & immuno-suppressant treatments and how they work with vaccines.

Seems there are problems elsewhere.....

One for @chuckbert too
Hah - they’re about as close to me as Israel is to you :).
Guess which state has a Tory state govt? Guess which state is bungling their lockdowns?

So you are comparing death in the UK in April 2020 with Germany in June 2021? Seriously, don't go into acadimia.
Seriously?
Maybe it's you that should be considering not being in acadEmia...😀

• React
Reactions: QR
Interesting to note that the figures after the first wave (where we had the care home disaster but the Germans trumpeted their preparedness) the numbers for the big 5 western European countries show only one success (and its neither us or the Merk....)

Deaths (today - 1st Aug):
Italy 127458 - 35300 = 92158
UK 128089 - 41255 = 86834
Ger 91303 - 9226 = 82077
Fra 110951 - 30268 = 80683
Sp 80779 - 29485 = 51294

It helps that they seem to have a functioning ability to test and trace.

Australian officials have said they hope to reach herd immunity -- the point at which about 80% of the population is vaccinated -- before reopening its borders.
Prime Minister Morrison earlier said that may not be until mid-2022.

Maybe its a trade off but if some countries get out of the mire a year ahead of others..... .

It all depends if it’s too contagious for lockdown to kill it. One of WAs two transmissions was a fleeting contact. The overall number is over a hundred because NSW failed to lockdown for 10 days, by underestimating it’s transmissibility. Unfortunately the low vaccination rate and the desire to not lockdown come from the same political source. Hopefully we will continue to be in a position to be able to count every transmission.

It all depends if it’s too contagious for lockdown to kill it. One of WAs two transmissions was a fleeting contact. The overall number is over a hundred because NSW failed to lockdown for 10 days, by underestimating it’s transmissibility. Unfortunately the low vaccination rate and the desire to not lockdown come from the same political source. Hopefully we will continue to be in a position to be able to count every transmission.

The same lot that have managed to screw the public image for the AZ Vaccine I assume? I do query why Australia haven't looked at real stats for the UK for the concerns over the AZ jab, which iirc the article I read on it suggested the % at risk claimed by the Aussie Authorities was far higher than the real world stats in the UK.

Australian officials have said they hope to reach herd immunity -- the point at which about 80% of the population is vaccinated -- before reopening its borders.
Prime Minister Morrison earlier said that may not be until mid-2022.

Maybe its a trade off but if some countries get out of the mire a year ahead of others..... .
Yes, though they don’t have 100K dead, do they?

• React
Reactions: QR
Back
Top Bottom