International News Covid-19 .....

Seriously, you are right that many will have been British people who had been in India or Pakistan and suddenly wanted to get back home.

They should still of had to quarantine in return, pretty certain they shouldn’t of left the country in the first place as well.

They should still of had to quarantine in return, pretty certain they shouldn’t of left the country in the first place as well.
Yes of course, and presumably they were meant to isolate but no doubt many didn’t. The headlines all gave the impression that we were being invaded by foreign hordes when this was probably not the case. I don’t think we’re prepared to do the Australian thing of not letting citizens back in

Yes of course, and presumably they were meant to isolate but no doubt many didn’t. The headlines all gave the impression that we were being invaded by foreign hordes when this was probably not the case. I don’t think we’re prepared to do the Australian thing of not letting citizens back in

About 20k iirc.

They got round the quarantine but flying via other countries in this case a majority were via Turkey before Turkey was placed on the red list. But that also makes a mockery of our passport control they must know where they’ve been.

Looking at the global spread of the variant previously known as Indian, even a strict lockdown or quarantine would only have delayed the spike in infections - probably just long enough for us to remove all covid-safe practices....

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that there aren’t numerous countries with the delta variant, however, it’s accounting for around 5% of cases in a lot of countries (US had less than 10k cases in the entire country this week).

An interview with someone at the CDC or Department for Health or whatever they call it basically said that at those numbers they can easily test, trace and isolate those and their contacts.

We have 95% of our cases being this variant and the horse has bolted unfortunately. We were inundated from the start and had no chance of controlling it.

If it had been a handful of delta and the majority Kent variant with the current vaccination numbers we’d be laughing and not now hoping that this “Delta Plus” variant doesn’t kick off.

What’s the status of the Delta Plus variant?

The Delta plus' variant, (B.1.617.2) was identified on April 5th in India.
No current evidence that it is spreading widely and it is already in several countries, including the UK where it was first identified on April 28th.
It is a natural progression/evolution of the virus, it`s just we are able to identify tiny changes (variants) far quicker than before.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that there aren’t numerous countries with the delta variant, however, it’s accounting for around 5% of cases in a lot of countries (US had less than 10k cases in the entire country this week).

An interview with someone at the CDC or Department for Health or whatever they call it basically said that at those numbers they can easily test, trace and isolate those and their contacts.

We have 95% of our cases being this variant and the horse has bolted unfortunately. We were inundated from the start and had no chance of controlling it.

If it had been a handful of delta and the majority Kent variant with the current vaccination numbers we’d be laughing and not now hoping that this “Delta Plus” variant doesn’t kick off.
Exactly this. We put all of our eggs in the vaccine basket, started showing off and got caught out, again..

Quite simply, the fuckers shouldnt have been allowed to go abroad bar absolutely exceptional circumstances at a time i couldnt go inside my mums house.

20k arrived and just waltzed through, yet for the optics we send Priti and her puffa jacket to intercept small dinghies at Dover.

It was always going to arrive. But we could absolutely have slowed its spread, got more vaxed and lessened the impact. Its neen head in sand yet again..i hate this government with every fibre of my being. For their callousness over human life at the altar of greed.

So Angela Merkal has said no U.K. residents can travel to Germany except on humanitarian grounds ie funerals but they still have to isolate for 14 days, in that case f**k the Germans that want to come to Wembley or yes let them in but they must isolate immediately so they won’t get to Wembley either way
Now she wants all of Europe to make us isolate for 14 days, the silly can can fook off

So Angela Merkal has said no U.K. residents can travel to Germany except on humanitarian grounds ie funerals but they still have to isolate for 14 days, in that case f**k the Germans that want to come to Wembley or yes let them in but they must isolate immediately so they won’t get to Wembley either way
Now she wants all of Europe to make us isolate for 14 days, the silly can can fook off
I know....it is hard to know who to believe in all of this.

Should we go with Boris "everything looking good to open up on 19th July" Johnson?, or.....
Anglea "gott in himmel, the data from the UK is looking a bit worrying.....we don't want that sheisse kicking off here with the state of our vaccine programme" Merkel?

Every time Boris tells you it will be alright, are you not normally tempted to assume the exact opposite is true?

If I was a German i'd not want to come anywhere near this shower of shite until we got things under control. I don't think you can blame the German Chancellor for wanting to protect her own.

Maybe look a little closer to home and ask why we don't do the same. Even if we did implement it it wouldn't be until 5 days and 200 flights, 4 hour cross contamination in the passport queue later.

I'm not sure if I said on this thread or to friends but this whole "Freedom Day" has been as doomed as Christmas. It's Groundhog Day on Plague Island until those in charge sort it out.

If I was a German i'd not want to come anywhere near this shower of shite until we got things under control. I don't think you can blame the German Chancellor for wanting to protect her own.

Maybe look a little closer to home and ask why we don't do the same. Even if we did implement it it wouldn't be until 5 days and 200 flights, 4 hour cross contamination in the passport queue later.

I'm not sure if I said on this thread or to friends but this whole "Freedom Day" has been as doomed as Christmas. It's Groundhog Day on Plague Island until those in charge sort it out.
The whole "Freedom Day" concept is ludicrous while cases are going up so much. Fine to say 'just learn to live with it' if it's bumping along at a few hundred a day, but not if its 16K.

67 deaths in Germany today.

19 deaths in the U.K.

Looks like Germany/Europe are also bracing themselves for the Delta wave and expect 90% of cases to be Delta by August.

67 deaths in Germany today.

19 deaths in the U.K.

Looks like Germany/Europe are also bracing themselves for the Delta wave and expect 90% of cases to be Delta by August.
Very true but isn't there a lag of around 20-30 days (at which point Germany had 8-10k cases a day). It'll be interesting to see how we compare and how the vaccine holds up in a couple of weeks time when the 16-17k cases start arriving at hospital.

Very true but isn't there a lag of around 20-30 days (at which point Germany had 8-10k cases a day). It'll be interesting to see how we compare and how the vaccine holds up in a couple of weeks time when the 16-17k cases start arriving at hospital.

Indeed it will.

Hopefully our excellent vaccine programme will hold up.

And if what the science says is true, the Delta wave in Europe will not be held back by restrictions, rather delayed.

Against an inferior vaccine rollout, who the heck would want to go to Europe anyway.

Won`t happen over here as things currently stand even allowing for data lag etc.
Current daily admissions are only running at 180-200 across the entire system.
That is around 20% of admissions compared to the number of cases & admissions before vaccine rollout.
Then the number requiring ventilation and/or ITU is proportionately lower as well.

Get your jabs! :)

Back
Top Bottom