International News Covid-19 .....

So Angela Merkal has said no U.K. residents can travel to Germany except on humanitarian grounds ie funerals but they still have to isolate for 14 days, in that case f**k the Germans that want to come to Wembley or yes let them in but they must isolate immediately so they won’t get to Wembley either way
Now she wants all of Europe to make us isolate for 14 days, the silly can can fook off
Imagine..and i know this is quite a revelation for a country that voted in Boris Johnson but, whisper it quietly, some leaders want to protect their citizens rather than chase the coin at any cost

Imagine..and i know this is quite a revelation for a country that voted in Boris Johnson but, whisper it quietly, some leaders want to protect their citizens rather than chase the coin at any cost

Strange how the goal posts change isn’t it.

When the U.K. exceeded 20,000 odd deaths Boris was called a murderer. Germany at over 91000 deaths and they are protecting their Citizens.

Neither country has come out of this at all well so to praise Germany seems to somewhat undervalue their own death toll in my opinion. Or maybe you think 91000 deaths is now an acceptable number?

Just imagine if we were slow off the mark with the vaccine rollout.

You had your jab I guess? That’s your life saved then.

Strange how the goal posts change isn’t it.

When the U.K. exceeded 20,000 odd deaths Boris was called a murderer. Germany at over 91000 deaths and they are protecting their Citizens.

Neither country has come out of this at all well so to praise Germany seems to somewhat undervalue their own death toll in my opinion. Or maybe you think 91000 deaths is now an acceptable number?

Just imagine if we were slow off the mark with the vaccine rollout.

You had your jab I guess? That’s your life saved then.
So you are comparing death in the UK in April 2020 with Germany in June 2021? Seriously, don't go into acadimia.

I’m not sure anyone is suggesting that the Germans are some sort of beacon of light that we should all be following on this but, Johnson’s handling has essentially seen around 40% more deaths than his German counterpart. The difference is basically the combined populations of Abingdon, Didcot and every village in between. All dead.

The vaccine rollout and the politicisation of it by Merkel (and Macron) was initially very poor and I think we can definitely say that it’s been our huge success but it doesn’t negate the continued terrible stewardship that we’ve seen.

As it stands the Germans are recording around 15k less cases a day than us so I think Merkel is perfectly entitled to say she thinks the EU should pull up the drawbridge for a while on a third country. I’m sure there’s some politicking going on too.

Johnson (as we’ve seen) has had the opportunity to do this on a number of occasions and has dithered and delayed and now we are where we are.

Won`t happen over here as things currently stand even allowing for data lag etc.
Current daily admissions are only running at 180-200 across the entire system.
That is around 20% of admissions compared to the number of cases & admissions before vaccine rollout.
Then the number requiring ventilation and/or ITU is proportionately lower as well.

Get your jabs! :)

Obviously you know all this far better than I do as a part time student/part time working member of society ;D but the 180-200 would be based on the cases of around a week to ten days ago? (6-9000 cases) as opposed to the 16000 currently being reported?

If, as has been said it’s the younger population driving infection and takes 2-3 week for an initial jab to take effect, and a single jabs efficacy against the Delta variant are we potentially not looking at continued growth of cases and hospitalisations/deaths for at least the next month or so?

I’d imagine the break up of schools (universities already have in the large part) combined with the vaccine rollout to everyone may well help “flatten the curve” but it looks to me (in my uninformed opinion) that it’s going to be a bumpy road for the next 6-8 weeks.

Obviously you know all this far better than I do as a part time student/part time working member of society ;D but the 180-200 would be based on the cases of around a week to ten days ago? (6-9000 cases) as opposed to the 16000 currently being reported?

If, as has been said it’s the younger population driving infection and takes 2-3 week for an initial jab to take effect, and a single jabs efficacy against the Delta variant are we potentially not looking at continued growth of cases and hospitalisations/deaths for at least the next month or so?

I’d imagine the break up of schools (universities already have in the large part) combined with the vaccine rollout to everyone may well help “flatten the curve” but it looks to me (in my uninformed opinion) that it’s going to be a bumpy road for the next 6-8 weeks.

Doesn’t that depend on how well the vaccines protect the vulnerable from the spread of it from young people? It doesn’t have to much effect on the young so they won’t drive up hospital/death figures, the real worry would be if it starts having an effect on the older double jabbed part of the population?

I suppose we are about to find out how well the vaccines work, the scientists who invented it and the people who volunteered to administer it are the real heroes of this one though if we do come through this next stage relatively unscathed.

Doesn’t that depend on how well the vaccines protect the vulnerable from the spread of it from young people? It doesn’t have to much effect on the young so they won’t drive up hospital/death figures, the real worry would be if it starts having an effect on the older double jabbed part of the population?

I suppose we are about to find out how well the vaccines work, the scientists who invented it and the people who volunteered to administer it are the real heroes of this one though if we do come through this next stage relatively unscathed.
Yeah good point! I was trying to get my head round if it’s 100-200 a day going into hospital (who are relatively young) out of 8000 or so cases then that still becomes quite a high number if cases continue to rise like they are.

completely agree though! It’s particularly impressive when we’re on the back foot throughout (I’m not digging at Johnson) in that you have to wait a number of days to actually see the impact of the changes and there’s no instant results.

That is about right.
As most of the cases are younger and generally healthier the admissions are far lower so are the deaths & ITU cases, however, there is still a lot of unvaccinated elderly/susceptible folk out there.

The "grab a jab" this weekend should have a further positive impact........... if it means kidnapping granny and taking her do it!

Germany is getting twitchy because their vaccine rollout is slower, around 10% behind the UK, and they already have Delta as do many other countries.

That is about right.
As most of the cases are younger and generally healthier the admissions are far lower so are the deaths & ITU cases, however, there is still a lot of unvaccinated elderly/susceptible folk out there.

The "grab a jab" this weekend should have a further positive impact........... if it means kidnapping granny and taking her do it!

Germany is getting twitchy because their vaccine rollout is slower, around 10% behind the UK, and they already have Delta as do many other countries.
This isn't really helping and is creating unnecessary pressure on A&E (although the "twitchiness" of parents with young children is more understandable after the last 16 or so months)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57583733

Not looking good on the PHE figures just now on the BBC news.
Cases rose by 46% in a week
514 hospital admissions
Of which 60% weren't vaccinated
But this is the worrying bit, 20% (106) were FULL vaccinated !!
I think it won't be long before the efficacy of the vaccines comes into question.

60000 at Wembley, 140000 at Silverstone coming up, whats their to worry about, just build more Hospitals, this bloody braindead stupid BOJO and his mob dont seem to care about peoples lives

514 hospital admissions
I think it won't be long before the efficacy of the vaccines comes into question.

Something I was trying to get at earlier (not very well) was that if 100-200 people were going into hospital (see EY earlier post) that's based on the 10k cases (for ease) per day. That's 10% of people likely to be under the age of 40 (due to vaccinations) finding their way into hospital. I'm not 100% on the mortality rate but it's around 20 a day over the last couple of days which still sounds like it's 10-20%. That 20 could quite quickly increase over the next 6-8 weeks.

In terms of double vaccination what we don't know when the second shot was administered so it might be that some of the 106 had only recently had it and it hadn't taken "effect".

Something I was trying to get at earlier (not very well) was that if 100-200 people were going into hospital (see EY earlier post) that's based on the 10k cases (for ease) per day. That's 10% of people likely to be under the age of 40 (due to vaccinations) finding their way into hospital. I'm not 100% on the mortality rate but it's around 20 a day over the last couple of days which still sounds like it's 10-20%. That 20 could quite quickly increase over the next 6-8 weeks.

In terms of double vaccination what we don't know when the second shot was administered so it might be that some of the 106 had only recently had it and it hadn't taken "effect".
Not sure but this may give some of the answers:

1624626499572.png

514 hospital admissions

Depends when they had the second jab, takes 3 weeks to provide maximum efficacy.

Currently trials for an Autumn booster......... can you mix the brands, that type of stuff.

"Grab a jab" this weekend.

Depends when they had the second jab, takes 3 weeks to provide maximum efficacy.

Currently trials for an Autumn booster......... can you mix the brands, that type of stuff.

"Grab a jab" this weekend.

Also some of the people who have been double jabbed are amongst the most vulnerable in the country, a cold can prove deadly to a very small minority so there were always going to be those who a vaccine would not protect.

60000 at Wembley, 140000 at Silverstone coming up, whats their to worry about, just build more Hospitals, this bloody braindead stupid BOJO and his mob dont seem to care about peoples lives
Incidence of Covid at the organised test events is very low
Screenshot_20210625-183014_Chrome.jpg

This isn't really helping and is creating unnecessary pressure on A&E (although the "twitchiness" of parents with young children is more understandable after the last 16 or so months)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57583733

My mate Damian!
The problem is a lot of kids haven`t been building up their natural resilience due to lockdown, reduced interaction etc................. time to bring back chickenpox parties! 😁 :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom