International News Covid-19 .....

I suppose they don't want people to panic. Not much been said about weekly cases up 17% (uk.gov at time of post), either.

The responce, or more accurately the total lack of a response, to the question about why this new guidance wasn't communicated is nothing less than an utter disgrace.

(Not everyone from these areas has common sense to fall back on. I know of people from Leicester ffs. (you know who you are 😉))

Last edited:
My daughters are 16 and 13, but won't have them vaccinated, at least not yet. Far too early to assess real-world stuff like fertility, puberty and other possible health issues. Me and the missus are both over 40 and won't be having any more kids, so it's the responsible thing for us to do, but I'm not pushing the issue on the young ones. I don't think we're alone in the matter either. If they get corona then there is a much higher chance of them recovering with little to no impact in any case, and if their parents, grandparents etc. are all vaccinated then I don't see the harm.
It's not all about you. People need to be vaccinated to stop the virus spreading and mutating - not just so they don't personally become ill. However I don't know if children are expected to have it.

The responce, or more accurately the total lack of a response, to the question about why this new guidance wasn't communicated is nothing less than an utter disgrace.

(Not everyone from these areas has common sense to fall back on. I know of people from Leicester ffs. (you know who you are 😉))

From reading below that, North Tyneside Council didn't get told then that guidance had changed.

I suppose they don't want people to panic. Not much been said about weekly cases up 17% (uk.gov at time of post), either.

I wish it was the case on the 1st point but I don't think people would panic tbh as it is a well worn path unfortunately. I think it is more so Johnson or Hancock or Patel or whoever don't have to announce bad news that contradicts the good news story from before the weekend or Johnson's previous comments about lockdowns.

Govt announces a covid restriction to take effect in "x" days - people complain it should be done immediately.

Govt announces a covid restriction to take effect immediately - people complain they weren't given notice.

Same people or different people?

Govt announces a covid restriction to take effect in "x" days - people complain it should be done immediately.

Govt announces a covid restriction to take effect immediately - people complain they weren't given notice.

I don’t have an issue with the restrictions (I don’t live there) I think people would have preferred to have found out three days ago when the government decided it.

Instead they’ve found out on GMB and the Nick Ferrari show. I’d say it’s fairly obvious that the government are trying to impose local restrictions via the back door. Boris has been on record as saying they wouldn’t happen, as has Hancock so they thought they could sneak them in.

Seems straightforward enough to me. I’m looking forward to the fallout when Boris cancels the lifting of restrictions. I’ve had a feeling for a while it was going to be another “cancelling Christmas would be in humane”.

Another monumental cock up by this government. Of course if they had placed India on the red list when Pakistan and Bangladesh were (instead of two weeks later) we probably would have avoided yet another mess on the scale this looks like it could become. But Boris was going on his trade deal trip there so there had to be a delay. One which could lead to more lockdowns. If we miss the 21st of June unlocking they have to be held to account because they would be to blame, nobody else!!

Won't comment on the people question!

Being charitable you could say that they were testing which was the most effective method?

Eg. if you give a 3-day warning do people then go and take the P**s for three days?

Get up to speed. It's not about the speed at which the guidance came into effect it's about the government dropping new guidance on a web site but not making an announcement to ensure people were aware of them. Like the 8,000 who went to the Leicester game on Sunday!!!

Surely if the 21st of June end of restrictions gets stopped due to a massive government cock up then the leader of that government should step down?

Surely if the 21st of June end of restrictions gets stopped due to a massive government cock up then the leader of that government should step down?
more chance of hell freezing over ... or scum winning the FA cup next season ...than our PM admitting any responsibility or for that matter him doing the decent thing (sadly)

more chance of hell freezing over ... or scum winning the FA cup next season ...than our PM admitting any responsibility or for that matter him doing the decent thing (sadly)
UK roll out is the envy of Europe. Take off the blinkers.

UK roll out is the envy of Europe. Take off the blinkers.
I agree the UK vaccine roll out is the envy of Europe ...in fact its the envy of the world

but it doesn't absolve our blonde PM from dodging his responsibilities Id say ... and his track record ( vaccine roll out excepted) isn't all that ... IMO

Back
Top Bottom