International News Covid-19 .....

There are thousands of Covidiots - victimising one man who did right for his family is pointless.
No, he didn't, he did the 'screw the rest of you plebs, I'm more important'. The beginning of the end for the lockdown.

And it wasn't so much the actual act, more the arrogant response afterwards.

Sadly now, that wouldn't surprise me. It's so sobering to think it's a real possibility.
We most probably will. I did a "fag packet" calculation in this very thread which came out at 100,000 fatalities with the figures available at the time. It just seems an awful inevitably that this is being borne out, not least as some of those that "did well" at the start seem to be playing catchup despite having different approaches to mitigation.

Hopefully with the help of the vaccine, we will be one of the first countries to put this infection down - others may well have to continue the fight for years to come.

No, he didn't, he did the 'screw the rest of you plebs, I'm more important'. The beginning of the end for the lockdown.

And it wasn't so much the actual act, more the arrogant response afterwards.

In your opinion.

Anyone who said "Well he did it so I can....." is more culpable because they didn`t think they were better than him.

Had he jumped off Beachy Head would that have caused thousands to do the same?

In your opinion.

Anyone who said "Well he did it so I can....." is more culpable because they didn`t think they were better than him.

Had he jumped off Beachy Head would that have caused thousands to do the same?
Don't you realise my opinion carries more weight than a normal person's 😂

...and you sound like my mum. Being a runner...

images.jpeg

😂

Rather moral sapping numbers....

64819 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 64407 (increase 412).
29379 (increase of 166) were within the Leicester City Council area.
35440 (increase of 246) cases were reported in Leicestershire County.

UHL reported 20 death's.
The death's occurred on the following days: 5th January (1), 8th January (1), 10th January (1), 13th January (2), 18th January (1), 19th January (2), 20th January (4), 21st January (4), 22nd January (3) and
24th January (1).

Total number of UHL death's stands at 1012.

Although we have successfully discharged 4,000+ patients. :)

Eat out to help out was taking place in Covid secure businesses, or should have been.

What "they" under estimated was the demand. London Road & Curry Mile were rammed locally.
So sensible people though "feck that" and stayed at home.

How simple eh?
You’re a government supporter who doesn’t think that their guidance means anything? It’s all down to the public? What’s the government for then?

Its not hindsight! We were behind other countries and could observe what they did, but didn’t follow suit and have had far worse outcomes- despite being an island!!
Should have just shut the borders like a lot of people have been saying from the 1st lockdown

You’re a government supporter who doesn’t think that their guidance means anything? It’s all down to the public? What’s the government for then?

The Government does what they best judge at the time.
If they say "It`s OK for hospitality to open in a Covid secure, well managed way" then they are right at their level of judgement.
However, if said hospitality then fecks up by not managing people or not operating in a Covid secure way that is not the fault of the government.
It leaves sensible people thinking "That is not working, I`m not risking it" so they stay at home or don`t participate.
Others think differently, the same people who are still having house parties and the real nut jobs that think it doesn`t exist.

We can not default our own personal and societal responsibilities and judgement to the Government.

The Government does what they best judge at the time.
If they say "It`s OK for hospitality to open in a Covid secure, well managed way" then they are right at their level of judgement.
However, if said hospitality then fecks up by not managing people or not operating in a Covid secure way that is not the fault of the government.
It leaves sensible people thinking "That is not working, I`m not risking it" so they stay at home or don`t participate.
Others think differently, the same people who are still having house parties and the real nut jobs that think it doesn`t exist.

We can not default our own personal and societal responsibilities and judgement to the Government.

There's more than a nugget of truth in what you say.

But it wasn't simply that the government said "It`s OK for hospitality to open in a Covid secure, well managed way", it was that they actively encouraged and even rewarded people for using hospitality.

I'd go as far to say that the instruction 'EAT OUT TO HELP OUT' was a lot clearer than many other instructions provided!

There's more than a nugget of truth in what you say.

But it wasn't simply that the government said "It`s OK for hospitality to open in a Covid secure, well managed way", it was that they actively encouraged and even rewarded people for using hospitality.

I'd go as far to say that the instruction 'EAT OUT TO HELP OUT' was a lot clearer than many other instructions provided!
I can see this going the same way as the bus slogan....cue the semantics argument[emoji849]

I can see this going the same way as the bus slogan....cue the semantics argument[emoji849]

No semantics argument here other than personal judgement, our favourite curry house was part of the deal. (y)
We took one drive by (my favourite!!) looked at the queues and poor behaviour of folk that were crowding the pavements etc and went home.
A week or so later we booked a local pub/restaurant that was spot on with everything in place and no more risk than going to work, which in my case is fairly high!!
Yes, the government facilitated the opportunity, but probably expected it to be well managed and in many cases it wasn`t.
It didn`t stop us using our personal judgement, no Government agent put a gun to our heads and said you must do it.

After the 1sr lockdown was eased my Wife and I went to Weymouth on the August bank holiday as both Mrs bazzer and I had to shield for almost 6 months. We stayed in a B&an very covid safe ajd was impressed, however we had to go out for a lunch and dinners this included the eat out to help out evenings, sorry there was no social distancing no matter how much we and some others tried.
Should the government brought in the eat out to help out yes? No? It’s a difficult one because they were trying to boost the economy but guided by low infections/hospitalisation/ death rates.
tragically trying to help in this case was the wrong choice.
Now we have the vaccines and yes good news however, we all get vaccinated we are not guaranteed that the virus won’t hit again when out of lockdown even with the vaccination.

This is how bad the virus is. We just don’t know much about it.

During EOTHO in the middle of Summer, on a really sunny warm evening (remember those??) we drove to a local pub to try and get a table only to be told that they were expecting a coach party with 75 covers to arrive in the next 20 minutes, so service might be a bit slow :oops::oops:.

Needless to say we got straight back in the car, tried one more (rammed) and went home again and had pizza🤣

I agree to an extent that human behaviour is largely at fault for how well the guidelines were adhered to, but don't you think that we need (needed) something a bit stronger than guidelines with far better enforcement and far bigger fines at a time of national crisis.....no second chances to get it right!

Somewhere a few months ago up this thread I suggested that perhaps they should've enforced lockdown and other rules in the same way blackout requirements were enforced in WW2. You don't put that light out, you risk getting yourself and your neighbourhood obliterated....just in the same way that if you do not follow the requirements on hands face space and only travel when absolutely necessary, you risk wiping out your family and friends. Just imagine if this many people had been killed because people couldn't close their curtains/turn off lights and the government turned around and said - "well, they should've used their common sense"....mind boggling!

crowding the pavements etc and went home.
A week or so later we booked a local pub/restaurant that was spot on with everything in place and no more risk than going to work, which in my case is fairly high!!
So the risk involved in Easy Out To Help Out in a 'spot on' pub/restaurant was 'fairly high'. In your own words.

Back
Top Bottom