International News Covid-19 .....

If "they" had done nothing the death toll would be at least double or even triple.
What was done was done and didn`t contribute to the toll.
People quoting "eat out to help out" and Christmas were not instructions, they were options when there were few others.
What may have contributed was what was not done and, in the fullness of time, will be revealed.

What contributed massively was relying on people`s common sense and trusting us to do the right thing. The compliance stat`s will make interesting reading.
Putting patients back into care homes without testing. That had an impact. The reality is the government made mistakes it was inevitable. My biggest gripe was the slow reaction of what was done. Nobody is saying the government killed tens of thousands of people but many were killed due to ignorance. No doubt if we started today our reaction to the pandemic would be different and the death toll would be less.
BJs we will beat this by Easter was right he just got which Easter wrong.

Putting patients back into care homes without testing. That had an impact. The reality is the government made mistakes it was inevitable. My biggest gripe was the slow reaction of what was done. Nobody is saying the government killed tens of thousands of people but many were killed due to ignorance. No doubt if we started today our reaction to the pandemic would be different and the death toll would be less.

That’s all hindsight

It's always worth remembering what Rory Stewart said on the 12th of furkin' March 2020.

'did everything we possibly could do' B0LL0CKS!

'World beating track and trace' B0LL0CKS

'With hindsight' B0LL0CKS

Johnson. BULLSH1TER

Last edited:
Agree it's hindsight but hindsight shows the government reaction HAS cost lives. That was the question I was answering. BJ has just pretty much admitted that in today's briefing.
Sorry not having a go, I do believe we should have locked down earlier on the first and possibly for longer on the 2nd one. This 3rd one appears to not going far enough with all the people and cars out on the road and taking advantage of the snow on Sunday.
But I’m not sure whoever would have been in power when this virus struck would have done a lot different to what’s been done at the moment.

Sorry not having a go, I do believe we should have locked down earlier on the first and possibly for longer on the 2nd one. This 3rd one appears to not going far enough with all the people and cars out on the road and taking advantage of the snow on Sunday.
But I’m not sure whoever would have been in power when this virus struck would have done a lot different to what’s been done at the moment.
No problem, totally agree with you. Until this December our reaction was always too slow and too limited. It is only now the government have realised the best medical and economic outcome comes from controlling the virus properly rather than trying to appease.

If "they" had done nothing the death toll would be at least double or even triple.
What was done was done and didn`t contribute to the toll.
People quoting "eat out to help out" and Christmas were not instructions, they were options when there were few others.
What may have contributed was what was not done and, in the fullness of time, will be revealed.

What contributed massively was relying on people`s common sense and trusting us to do the right thing. The compliance stat`s will make interesting reading.
That is, with all due respect, B*****s.

7.2 million jabs B*****s.
Don't know why you would say that.

It's excellent and shows what happens when you give a job to the experts in the particular field (i.e the NHS) rather than your unqualified mates to make money from. 😡

Two late lockdowns, unclear advice / guidance, messages that undermine behavioral rules(Cummings, Cheltenham.....), eat out to help signalling it's safer than it was, a crony-driven track and trace catastrophe, open air travel, schools staying open.

None of this is the fault of the government, it's people not behaving sensibly. What nonsense, any government knows that if you want people to behave sensibly you have to tell them clearly and make then enforce rules.

The government has facilitated deaths.

Eat out to help out was taking place in Covid secure businesses, or should have been.

What "they" under estimated was the demand. London Road & Curry Mile were rammed locally.
So sensible people though "feck that" and stayed at home.

How simple eh?

Because there wasn`t a test available in sufficient scale at the time.
We were rationing the tests for the sickest patients until the scale increased.

Full house at cheltenham.

Late lockdown

Late on facemasks

Giving PPE contracts to cronies

Defending cummings

There's five. In my opinion.

Agree.

Agree.

Sensible people weren`t.

We never ran out and unless "we" purchase stuff the contract is worth diddly.

There are thousands of Covidiots - victimising one man who did right for his family is pointless.

2/5 not bad.

In March 2020, it was Neil Ferguson, the then government chief adviser on epidemiology (we didn't do pandemics back then) who reported that we could expect 250,000 deaths which forced the first lockdown - we may yet reach that figure before this virus is finally beaten....

In March 2020, it was Neil Ferguson, the then government chief adviser on epidemiology (we didn't do pandemics back then) who reported that we could expect 250,000 deaths which forced the first lockdown - we may yet reach that figure before this virus is finally beaten....
Sadly now, that wouldn't surprise me. It's so sobering to think it's a real possibility.

Back
Top Bottom