International News Covid-19 .....

I'm pretty sure I could devise a story to justify doing just about anything at any time during the lock down and at whatever stage government advice has reached, just by playing with words and pedantically interpreting policy.

But to my simple mind that doesn't take away from the fact that driving from London to Durham as an infected couple feels kind of wrong, whatever their reasons.

When did people in Britain develop such low behavioural expectations of their leaders? It looks like real old school pre-1884 patrician/forelock-tugging culture to me.

Ask yourself if this is is something you would do for your family in similar circumstances.

Many, many people didn't including those who didn't visit their dying relative, or partner of many years, for instance. This goes against the rules as set out by the Govt and the defence of it on here is amusingly predictable.

When did people in Britain develop such low behavioural expectations of their leaders? It looks like real old school pre-1884 patrician/forelock-tugging culture to me.

I think it's related to the individual personal merit of the leaders.

Wow - touching really to see the loyalty that Johnson and Cummings inspire in their followers. Let's hope no message come from Head Office asking them to drink the Kool-Aid - because on current form I can't see anyone declining.

So the government are accusing the police of lying about the fact that they told Cummings he had gone against the very advice he was involved in putting in place, they’re now rallying around his right to have chosen to do what he did and ignore rules and guidelines in the middle of a bank holiday, and Cummings’ own wife wrote a piece in the Spectator recently saying that they were both ill and when they recovered they walked outside into the streets of London, even though they were in Durham.

And apparently that’s all totally fine. Good to know just how low we’ve sunk.

EDIT: I also love seeing people suggest that the government’s top advisor, and the Prime Minister’s right hand man, had absolutely no way of protecting his child beyond driving the whole lot of them to the other end of the country in a car. I absolutely love the implication that anybody in his position could ever want for anything.

Last edited:
And all this coming out on a Bank Holiday weekend will lead all the Covidiots to say ' well the government have been doing whatever they like so we will as well'

Yes, credibility of any message has massively been weakened. Obviously Dom Cummings was using his common sense...

No. The guidance at the time was stay at home and don't go out at all if you have symptoms. Quite simple really but perhaps not for some of the covidiots we have all been exposing on here, including you.
His parents are in their 70's so in the high risk group. Was he giving them much consideration? Were we all told it was ok to visit or go to live with elderly parents? No it was the complete opposite!!
How anyone can defend this behaviour is beyond me.

Did you miss the (?) as in question ...its Saturday morning and news sources seem to saying that the guidance at the time allowed such things, childcare/unavoidable etc.
Do you know the intrinsic layout of his parent house? I don`t.
Do you know if he drove directly there or stopped anywhere? I don`t.
Do you know people who made similar journey`s "pushing the boundaries"? Plenty reported in the press....parents taking students hope to Italy/Greece etc.

Human behaviour is a strange thing, plenty of parents on here saying they won`t send their kids to school. Why? Because they want to protect them same as he did.....

Thank you for your concern as to me being a "covidiot" when you know the sum total of nothing about me barring posts on a forum.

And all this coming out on a Bank Holiday weekend will lead all the Covidiots to say ' well the government have been doing whatever they like so we will as well'
The idiots need no encouragement and we may well see a spike in the next few weeks but is no one else struck by the fact that in the middle of a national crisis where thousands are dying and where the nation clings to every hopeful, positive headline, the British press, this time the Guardian and Daily Mirror, have invested time and effort into investigating and headlining scandal?
Does that sit comfortably with everyone on here?
Don't get me wrong, Cummings has handed their juicy headlines to them on a plate and although other politicians and experts have similarly been caught out, these two papers have caught the big fish; congratulations.

Did you miss the (?) as in question ...its Saturday morning and news sources seem to saying that the guidance at the time allowed such things, childcare/unavoidable etc.
Do you know the intrinsic layout of his parent house? I don`t.
Do you know if he drove directly there or stopped anywhere? I don`t.
Do you know people who made similar journey`s "pushing the boundaries"? Plenty reported in the press....parents taking students hope to Italy/Greece etc.

Human behaviour is a strange thing, plenty of parents on here saying they won`t send their kids to school. Why? Because they want to protect them same as he did.....

Thank you for your concern as to me being a "covidiot" when you know the sum total of nothing about me barring posts on a forum.
I'm perfectly aware of all that. He still shouldn't have done it. He is Boris Johnsons right hand man. Did he think that nobody would notice? Many, many people with kids will have had the virus or symptoms and stayed at home, the right thing to do. It certainly doesn't seem right to me that he drove 250 miles to his over 70's parents house. There might be a handful of irrisponsible people out there who would do it.
And I didn't call you a Covidiot. I said we have all exposed people who have done idiotic things including you. It was not meant to read that you were a Covidiot. Hope that clears it up. No offence intended.

The idiots need no encouragement and we may well see a spike in the next few weeks but is no one else struck by the fact that in the middle of a national crisis where thousands are dying and where the nation clings to every hopeful, positive headline, the British press, this time the Guardian and Daily Mirror, have invested time and effort into investigating and headlining scandal?
Don't get me wrong, Cummings has handed their juicy headlines to them on a plate and although other politicians and experts have similarly been caught out, these two papers have caught the big fish; congratulations.

As well as the Telegraph, Daily Mail etc.

revealed ...Cummings IS the new pink Panther .... Durham, Durham, Durham, Durham etc :oops: :sneaky: ;)

Secret image taken early April at a Durham address ??;);)

11718576_2.jpg

Investigating the PMs right-hand man not following government guidance given to handle a pandemic vs. a British comedian utilizing a government initiative to furlough two members of staff... I think I know where which is of more importance to national interest. A worthy scoop.

How dare the Press hold the government to account?

They should be defending the indefensible like Loyal @Essexyellows and his merry men.

Honestly If Dominic Cummings offered you a turd sandwich you'd ask for an extra large one.

As Grant Shapps said on 9 May: "It is just absolutely unequivocal. People should stay at home...it is vital that we don't throw away the great work of seven weeks of people respecting the rules. That would be absolutely tragic.”

Still when there's conflict between the health of the nation and supporting the Tories there's only one thing for it- Spread that virus guys!

• React
Reactions: QR
Investigating the PMs right-hand man not following government guidance given to handle a pandemic vs. a British comedian utilizing a government initiative to furlough two members of staff... I think I know where which is of more importance to national interest. A worthy scoop.

'A worthy scoop'...spoken like a true hack and indicative of the mindset around the publication of this story.
National interest?
Apart from The Guardian and Mirror, who are claiming the credit, only The Mail featured Cummings on their front pages.

Wow that's convincing @Eaststanding - the Tory papers didn't put a scandal featuring Boris Johnson's chief advisor breaking lockdown, and lying about it.

It can't be important.

I suspect you don't often see "Oxford United Seven in a Row" on the cover of the Swindon Town Programme come to that.

Wow that's convincing @Eaststanding - the Tory papers didn't put a scandal featuring Boris Johnson's chief advisor breaking lockdown, and lying about it.

It can't be important.

I suspect you don't often see "Oxford United Seven in a Row" on the cover of the Swindon Town Programme come to that.
The Mail featured it, as I said.
Other papers featured headlines of broader national interest. Whatever sells that particular paper I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom