International News Covid-19 .....

She's just exaggerating for effect. She hadn't bothered to go and visit her mother in February so obviously her day-to-day needs were being looked after by someone if not herself.
I'm sure you think she is.

Ask yourself if this is is something you would do for your family in similar circumstances.
So should I force my way into my mother's nursing home to see her or should I do the common sense thing and what is best for the country as a whole and not risk either taking the virus in to or carrying it out from her nursing home?

Clarity is possible. The Police were told about a possible offence and investigated then chose to issue a warning. Provided other members of the public, suspected of breaking this law, were treated on exactly the same terms, no problem. As with the NHS payment, a good deal depends on the reaction of Tory MPs. Not currently holding my breath.

If Dominic Cummings had run over Colonel Tom Moore on his drive the length of the country to visit the in-laws I can imagine how some people on this board would respond. After all at that age he’s bound to have had an underlying condition. “Probably for the best”. “Should’ve looked both ways before crossing the road.”

So should I force my way into my mother's nursing home to see her or should I do the common sense thing and what is best for the country as a whole and not risk either taking the virus in to or carrying it out from her nursing home?
Not similar circumstances.

It was Cummings himself was it not who reportedly said that if a few old people die, so be it.

Who knew that would apply to his own family?

All the empathy of a Great White.

It seems what he did appears to be within the guidance at the time?
Whilst the ethos and the message it sends maybe questionable, all these politico`s are the same as the rest of us, human.
For all we know his parents could be relatively young (I haven`t checked) and living a pile with an East & West Wing and servants cottage in the garden (again not checked).
End of the day he wanted to ensure his 4 year old was looked after while he & his wife were ill.....................and who wouldn`t do that?
Certainly helps clear up "Why Boris got it" and it probably wasn`t shaking hands in a hospital... ;)
No. The guidance at the time was stay at home and don't go out at all if you have symptoms. Quite simple really but perhaps not for some of the covidiots we have all been exposing on here, including you.
His parents are in their 70's so in the high risk group. Was he giving them much consideration? Were we all told it was ok to visit or go to live with elderly parents? No it was the complete opposite!!
How anyone can defend this behaviour is beyond me.

No. The guidance at the time was stay at home and don't go out at all if you have symptoms. Quite simple really but perhaps not for some of the covidiots we have all been exposing on here, including you.
His parents are in their 70's so in the high risk group. Was he giving them much consideration? Were we all told it was ok to visit or go to live with elderly parents? No it was the complete opposite!!
How anyone can defend this behaviour is beyond me.
And even if you choose to excuse his behaviour and say that you’d do the same yourself, don’t forget that higher standards apply to those in government. If you’re telling the country not to do something, it’s absolutely imperative that you don’t do it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom