FA Cup Coventry vs Man Utd

The 'lines' always seem to be scrutinised but never the moment that is freeze framed for purposes of drawing the line on. When you look at such images that ball is often blurred, how can they be sure of the exact moment the player 'played' the ball when this is the case? When you a talking about milometers, milliseconds make a difference.

We’ve been talking about VAR now for a few seasons and we’re still non the wiser. Get rid of it for the sake of the game and get back to referees/line persons making decisions. And whilst we’re at it, handball must be intentional which again the referees/lines persons judge upon what the see. Some they’ll get wrong and some they’ll get right, a bit like today with VAR, but at least we’ll have things decided in real-time.

Just glad we haven’t got it at our level!

Just glad we haven’t got it at our level!
Might have got that penalty v Stevenage at 0-0 and gone on to win the game if we had. And Lincoln might not have got theirs meaning we drew that game. If we had VAR we might be in the playoffs now...

No, I still don't want it in our league.

Might have got that penalty v Stevenage at 0-0 and gone on to win the game if we had. And Lincoln might not have got theirs meaning we drew that game. If we had VAR we might be in the playoffs now...

I don’t, we need to be better than that, and I’m sure there’s been decisions throughout the whole season where some have gone our way and some haven’t. Swings and roundabouts, and I’m not talking about Swindon🤣

Human error is part and parcel of football. Whether that be refs or players but over a season I would say it balances out.

Rather than spend money on VAR I’d rather the FA put the money into increasing refereeing standards across the leagues.

Too many officials in the premier league hide behind the safety blanket of having VAR make their decisions for them. In our leagues we have too many officials who aren’t up to the required standard. The ref on Friday being a prime example of this.

I was at the game Cov fans totally outsung Man U all game- I especially loved the rendition of We'll Live and Die in These Towns. You'd hope we'd be able to create something similar at the new stadium or even in the next few years.

Welsh Premier League will have VAR (lite) next season. I'm looking forward to decisions being made based off of a view from the halfway especially offside.

Back
Top Bottom