FA Cup Coventry vs Man Utd

What a fix. Has the ball left his foot? Where are the lines drawn to? When it's millimetres like that, how offside was he? What is the exact distance by which he was offside?

Total con. At least they will get smashed in the final.

What a fix. Has the ball left his foot? Where are the lines drawn to? When it's millimetres like that, how offside was he? What is the exact distance by which he was offside?

Total con. At least they will get smashed in the final.

But we know how it works, theres been probably hundreds of contentious decisions by now that are a whisker away from the decision being reversed. It’s nothing new.

To be fair, that is clearly offside. I didn’t mind who won but we can’t have favouritism just because the rest of the country wanted it onside. It’s off - simple as that.
No it isn’t clearly offside, I’d even question that it is offside at all.
Your team got away with it big time today and ETH is a very lucky man tonight to still be in a job.
Are you that one who's a Man U fan? If so why do you come on here?
Yes it’s Baldy but we are still pretending that no one knows this and Dick is someone completely different.

It’s why VAR is s**t, the greatest comeback in FA cup history gone because some saddos got wound up by sky pundits going on and on about every decision till we ended up with VAR.

Video refs doesn’t work in football, bin it off.

It’s a difficult one because as annoying and frustrating as it is - like today. - it is arriving at the correct decision for offsides. I’d revert back to pre VAR but we are stuck with it, here to stay and it’s become an accepted part of the game.

It's things like this that make me glad I just don't give a toss.

I've said ever since the introduction of VAR, that just like Hawkeye in tennis, or goal line technology, where the whole ball has to be over the line, so should the whole player be over the line in order to be offside.

Giving offside for the outer edge of the leather of the players boot touching the line is a joke, and killed what was an amazing giant killing moment in the history of the FA cup.

The striker had zero advantage, both he and the defender were level and equally in contact with the line, it's clearly a corrupt decision by a corrupt organisation who clearly want two of their super clubs in the FA cup showpiece event.

VAR is killing the spirit of football. I f*****g hate it.

Coventry robbed by Manure, there’s a surprise.
All these years that I’ve hated Manchester United topped off by a dodgy offside decision.
I don’t want Manchester City to win the title but I’d love it if they give their fellow Baldies a right good hiding

I've said ever since the introduction of VAR, that just like Hawkeye in tennis, or goal line technology, where the whole ball has to be over the line, so should the whole player be over the line in order to be offside.

Giving offside for the outer edge of the leather of the players boot touching the line is a joke, and killed what was an amazing giant killing moment in the history of the FA cup.

The striker had zero advantage, both he and the defender were level and equally in contact with the line, it's clearly a corrupt decision by a corrupt organisation who clearly want two of their super clubs in the FA cup showpiece event.

VAR is killing the spirit of football. I f*****g hate it.
It’s a nonsense but not corruption, this sort of conspiracy theory doesn’t make sense

Does anyone - anyone - think this Man Utd side have a chance against Man City in the final?

Yes. City will be favourites of course but you can’t write off United in a one off game. United had a bit of fortune maybe but so did City - they were outplayed by Chelsea, who are worse than United in the PL. How Chelsea did not win that by 3 or 4 is down to some of the most wayward finishing you could wish to see. Madrid, while conceding possession, had City exactly where they wanted them in midweek too. This City side has cracks, no doubt about it.

Yes. City will be favourites of course but you can’t write off United in a one off game. United had a bit of fortune maybe but so did City - they were outplayed by Chelsea, who are worse than United in the PL. How Chelsea did not win that by 3 or 4 is down to some of the most wayward finishing you could wish to see. Madrid, while conceding possession, had City exactly where they wanted them in midweek too. This City side has cracks, no doubt about it.

Th gap between them in points in the league is massive and they have about 40 plus better goal difference, then you add in what both teams have won over the last 3/4 years and the two teams are miles apart.

But Man U have had a lot of luck in the FA Cup this year and maybe that continues, need to be a lot for that terrible defence to not concede against Man City but in a one off final the heavy underdog has a chance every now and then, didn’t work last year though.

Back
Top Bottom