Home Match Day Thread Charlton at home kick off time

Would this have been moved for a Saturday game ? It inconveniences travelling fans both home and away.

I notice @PC956S logged on on Monday and has yet to respond........................................... great "liaison work"................

I did log on, from Florida whilst on leave by the pool.
Trust you had a good one? ..... can you enlighten as to why the kick off time was moved to 1pm from 3pm, apparently due to police advice?.... with no past history whatsoever between oxford utd & charlton supporters it seems strange the kick off time was moved back to 1pm, and if there was indeed police advice(?) To move the kick off time I'd , for one, would be interested to know the reason behind the decision @PC956S ?

Trust you had a good one? ..... can you enlighten as to why the kick off time was moved to 1pm from 3pm, apparently due to police advice?.... with no past history whatsoever between oxford utd & charlton supporters it seems strange the kick off time was moved back to 1pm, and if there was indeed police advice(?) To move the kick off time I'd , for one, would be interested to know the reason behind the decision @PC956S ?
Afternoon sarge, a rest was needed but the Americans can be a tad loud so it’s good to be back.
This was a joint decision, we can never insist, it has to be a joint decision which this was. I can’t go into the details, I really can’t I’m sorry. I’ll be there Friday and am believe it or not approachable for all fans to ask me stuff in person. However, if it’s tactical or bits that will will cost me my job I can’t and won’t reveal. I know this will irk some/most but I love my job and wont reveal stuff that I’m not allowed to.
I appreciate it will cause inconvenience to some but it was done for a reason. We don’t do it on purpose to wind fans up. Honestly we don’t.

Afternoon sarge, a rest was needed but the Americans can be a tad loud so it’s good to be back.
This was a joint decision, we can never insist, it has to be a joint decision which this was. I can’t go into the details, I really can’t I’m sorry. I’ll be there Friday and am believe it or not approachable for all fans to ask me stuff in person. However, if it’s tactical or bits that will will cost me my job I can’t and won’t reveal. I know this will irk some/most but I love my job and wont reveal stuff that I’m not allowed to.
I appreciate it will cause inconvenience to some but it was done for a reason. We don’t do it on purpose to wind fans up. Honestly we don’t.
Was the initial move to get the start time changed instigated by the club or by the force? (if you can go that far)

A general question, if the Police made a request for a kick off change and the club refused, what would happen if its a joint decision?

Was the initial move to get the start time changed instigated by the club or by the force? (if you can go that far)

A general question, if the Police made a request for a kick off change and the club refused, what would happen if its a joint decision?

Seems to that every time something like this happens it's a 'joint decision'...

Sorry can’t.
Not really sure. We’d keep talking and have a compromise I guess.

Cheers for reply ....intriguing, maybe a q to ask when tiger or the md are next on radio oxfords 5 min fans forum ....though whether 1) the question gets filtered out or, 2) gets asked but doent get an answer remains , as yet to be seen...or heard

Personally i think moving kick off to an earlier time for an afternoon match , where theres no obvious reason for doing so especially when the reasoning is kept 'secret' isnt right. Communication does help. . 1pm kick off instead of the scheduled 3pm kick off time is more than inconvenient for me. So id like to know the reason for it being moved. That said ive got my ticket & one for my middle grandaughter who will be going to her first ever u's game

Last edited:
It's been moved, deal with it FFS!
'deal with it'. Seriously??
What about the people such as myself who have had to rearrange their whole day due to the rearranged kickoff, which has been put into place for no real reason I can see, we played them 2 seasons ago and it was played 3pm on a Saturday, what's wrong with people asking why, asking for a valid reason? It seems you've been a bit inconsiderate, what about people who may not be able to attend the game due to the change in time. Some people may not be as lucky as you (assuming the change in time doesn't really affect you), those of us who it does affect, in a quite a negative way, may want some answers as why we have had to rearrange our days o

'deal with it'. Seriously??
What about the people such as myself who have had to rearrange their whole day due to the rearranged kickoff, which has been put into place for no real reason I can see, we played them 2 seasons ago and it was played 3pm on a Saturday, what's wrong with people asking why, asking for a valid reason? It seems you've been a bit inconsiderate, what about people who may not be able to attend the game due to the change in time. Some people may not be as lucky as you (assuming the change in time doesn't really affect you), those of us who it does affect, in a quite a negative way, may want some answers as why we have had to rearrange our days o

As I said earlier in this thread, what would you little darlings do if we ever got promoted when games are moved all over the place. You want to get a grip, I am coming from London and I just see the early kick as my opportunity to get back to Putney and have some naughtyness with a certain local barmaid so every cloud and all that..

As I said earlier in this thread, what would you little darlings do if we ever got promoted when games are moved all over the place. You want to get a grip, I am coming from London and I just see the early kick as my opportunity to get back to Putney and have some naughtyness with a certain local barmaid so every cloud and all that..

The change doesn’t bother me but can understand some people having problems with it.
We will all be dead before we reach the Prem so not a great argument ?

Back
Top Bottom