League One Carlisle United - Possible Takeover

These are the guys I mentioned in the Fan's View No 3 by @Paul B after the Carlisle game.

It seems to be progressing, although there hasn't been anything added to Castle Sports Group's listing at Companies House since their incorporation. Given how well run, albeit on a conservative basis, Carlisle have been, I do hope this turns out favourably for them, as they are profitable, have money in the bank, a positive equity situation, and own their own ground so (in my opinion) don't need to jump into bed with anybody unless it's absolutely the right people.

There is nothing at all to suggest that the Piataks are not the right people of course, so I'll be interested to see the basis of the deal if/when it's completed.

These are the guys I mentioned in the Fan's View No 3 by @Paul B after the Carlisle game.

It seems to be progressing, although there hasn't been anything added to Castle Sports Group's listing at Companies House since their incorporation. Given how well run, albeit on a conservative basis, Carlisle have been, I do hope this turns out favourably for them, as they are profitable, have money in the bank, a positive equity situation, and own their own ground so (in my opinion) don't need to jump into bed with anybody unless it's absolutely the right people.

There is nothing at all to suggest that the Piataks are not the right people of course, so I'll be interested to see the basis of the deal if/when it's completed.

Agree with this 100%.

Frankly, I think Carlisle should be lauded for the way they've been run - spend what they make, and rely on good management for squad construction and success on the pitch.

If I ruled the game, everyone would be forced to run their clubs like Carlisle and success would be solely down to management competence; not 'Who can attract the biggest Oligarch' or 'Who can make £50m disappear off their books the most efficiently'.

I have a lot of time for Carlisle. A very well ran club, brilliant staff who work behind the scenes who will always give you a warm welcome. A brilliant old school stadium and they an excellent fan base.

I have a lot of time for Carlisle. A very well ran club, brilliant staff who work behind the scenes who will always give you a warm welcome. A brilliant old school stadium and they an excellent fan base.

I'm not sure they're that well run except financially. Paul Simpson publically derided the non-existent recruitment and off the pitch set up not long after he joined. The recruitment set up was basically just the manager ringing his contacts with nothing else of note iirc. I believe PS is changing that.

Showing my age here, but in the days long before cross-country trains let alone t'internet it used to be a matter of pride to try and make it to the Carlisle game. I remember hitching up for the first time for a Tuesday night game in summer '68. It was one of the first games of the season and we won 2-0. A wonderful day out, got there about 3:30 and dined on penny bread rolls and local beer. The locals were all welcoming and we got a lift back all the way from Bolton to the A34 in Stratford, and got home about 5am.
Then we seemed to play them every year for ages and ages and we never won there again until '79 or '80.
But definitely a 'proper' football club.

I've never seen doing that as clever, bit of a dickhead move if you ask me.

I suspect the keeper was flagged up, or spotted by Vokes, as being a bit dozy so gave it a go. The keeper should never get caught like that if they are reasonably alert.

I suspect the keeper was flagged up, or spotted by Vokes, as being a bit dozy so gave it a go. The keeper should never get caught like that if they are reasonably alert.
All true of course. I just see it as the football equivalent of cricket's mankad. Completely within the rules but just a twatish thing to do.

Carlisle's takeover has been completed and they have signed right back Josh Emmanuel until the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom