Matches Cambridge and Burton Promotional Thread

Was that our biggest home crowd this season (i.e just Oxford fans) - the other 10k games brought larger followings I thought?

Just got home after a long and emotional week.

I'm so pleased that we made the 10,000 mark for Joey, although I believe the attendance that's been announced may be wrong, as the official figure I saw was 10,044 not the 10,004 that was announced. Most of you won't get this, but one of the things I find satisfying about the "dot counting" (and it's a lot more than just that!) is being able to study the buying patterns and predict the final attendance. I'm glad some of you enjoy the updates and I'd love to think it encourages people along, but I think that might be stretching things a bit!

But the other bit that I miss, due to having to set off early as I live 100 miles away, is the last few hours, as the dots representing available seats reduce and areas become greyed out because they're sold out. I feel a bit like the pacemaker in a marathon that steps aside and lets the winner go past him in the last 400metres and take all of the glory!!!

Having said all of that, I'll wind up the abacus and polish the slide rule (ask your parents, kids!) ready to go again for next week's game at home to Burton.

Just got home after a long and emotional week.

I'm so pleased that we made the 10,000 mark for Joey, although I believe the attendance that's been announced may be wrong, as the official figure I saw was 10,044 not the 10,004 that was announced. Most of you won't get this, but one of the things I find satisfying about the "dot counting" (and it's a lot more than just that!) is being able to study the buying patterns and predict the final attendance. I'm glad some of you enjoy the updates and I'd love to think it encourages people along, but I think that might be stretching things a bit!

But the other bit that I miss, due to having to set off early as I live 100 miles away, is the last few hours, as the dots representing available seats reduce and areas become greyed out because they're sold out. I feel a bit like the pacemaker in a marathon that steps aside and lets the winner go past him in the last 400metres and take all of the glory!!!

Having said all of that, I'll wind up the abacus and polish the slide rule (ask your parents, kids!) ready to go again for next week's game at home to Burton.

Superb work Colin & Curragh. I really look forward to the daily updates.
I wonder if Oxford University would include "Dot counting" as a module in their Mathematics, Statistics and Modelling BSc Honours degree.

Superb work Colin & Curragh. I really look forward to the daily updates.
I wonder if Oxford University would include "Dot counting" as a module in their Mathematics, Statistics and Modelling BSc Honours degree.
Thanks Clive, much appreciated.

However, I hope the University don't take up your suggestion. I don't have the time to teach all of the students that it would inevitably attract.

Although Don Colin does have a certain ring to it!!! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom