National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

Its only one person out of 66 million.... we are back into majority (no impact at all) and a very, very tiny minority (some impact).

Next you`ll be quoting the Amur Leopard breeding programme from Twycross Zoo as "species decimation caused by Brexit paperwork".

Take the blinkers off, some short term inconvenience for some will soon level out.

And if not you can have another referendum........... 2054 or so...
Your one person must have done a heck of a lot of trade.

BBC News - UK exports to European Union drop 40% in January

Brexit was sold on being better. Can't see how one engine plant is better than the previous two.

One is better than none. Glad to help.

Those liberal, lefty, green types want petrol and diesel engines done away with anyway..... especially that Greta kid..

And they will win. Don't cry into your British beer when it happens 🤣

The problem is that they don`t look at the full life cycle and the associated problems.
From the mining of the rare earth metals for batteries to the energy required to keep the network functioning and increasing it`s capacity to do so right the way round to recycling said batteries.
Wind power to produce the electricity..... then landfill the blades etc when they reach their end point..
The "green" argument is horribly weak.

Anyway my 2.5 ltr gas guzzling 4x4 will see me out so Yuk Foo Greta. :ROFLMAO: :)

I thought all these vehicle manufacturers would move out?
Maybe not....
That’s essentially what we voted for. Move UK manufacturing to the Far East.
British business owners make a packet and (hopefully) return that to the treasury through tax. Whist making goods cheaper (Albert lower quality) for the UK customers.

Maybe it’s the way forwards but I’d personally rather kept the jobs in the UK and the higher standards of products.

British business owners make a packet and (hopefully) return that to the treasury through tax. Whist making goods cheaper (Albert lower quality) for the UK customers.

Maybe it’s the way forwards but I’d personally rather kept the jobs in the UK and the higher standards of products.
Certainly keeps the rich, rich and the poor, poor.

So yes, I guess this was always the post Brexit plan[emoji6]

Certainly keeps the rich, rich and the poor, poor.

So yes, I guess this was always the post Brexit plan[emoji6]
I think we’ll see a lot of the manufacturing near shored from the Far East over to Eastern Europe and the Balkans. There’s a number of financial institutions facilitating this already.

With increasing strains in diplomatic relations and the logistical issues encountered at the start of the covid crisis this has certainly expedited plans.

For further reading there are reports by the World Bank, EIB and EBRD that go into quite a lot of the analysis they’ve done on moving manufacturing and supply chain opportunities in the region.

I think ‘(hopefully)’ is an extremely honest and optimistic assessment.

So only 40 years after a ban, the ECJ are going to take action on France bird hunting using glue traps.
Anyone think that EU rules were only something to be looked at and ignored for continental Europe?

So only 40 years after a ban, the ECJ are going to take action on France bird hunting using glue traps.
Anyone think that EU rules were only something to be looked at and ignored for continental Europe?
Firstly good, what a barbaric practice.

As for your question, France had apparently secured an 'opt out', which is common in the EU, we had multiple. God knows on what grounds they had it though.

Back
Top Bottom