National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

What the remainers don`t seem to understand is that Leave was an equally broad church and not everyone fell for the big red bus and/or the soundbites.

Some of us remember what the Common Market was and it was never "sold" as a United States of Europe" when we joined.

Since then it has grown into a leviathan that takes and redistributes wealth, produces nothing and stifles nations.

Sooner the apron strings are cut the better......

So you just want to stop buying things from and selling things to the EU immediately?

And this is more important than mitigating the COVID epidemic?

Sod Covid. There is another thread for that chatter!
I’m more interested in leaving the EU without a deal.

We hold all the aces and it’s up to them to come to us and make us an offer, because perhaps there is a chance that we don’t want to negotiate further, and have something better lined up. Who knows, but we will find out.

I can’t believe after all this time, there are still some extremely salty people.

If remain had won, we the Leavers would of accepted it graciously.

Last edited:
What the remainers don`t seem to understand is that Leave was an equally broad church and not everyone fell for the big red bus and/or the soundbites.

Some of us remember what the Common Market was and it was never "sold" as a United States of Europe" when we joined.

Since then it has grown into a leviathan that takes and redistributes wealth, produces nothing and stifles nations.

Agree with some of what you speak.
BUT sincerely believe that successive UK Governments have been solely responsible for “stifling” UK Ltd and have not needed any help from Europe.

I voted leave!

I’ve always wanted us to leave without a deal. I don’t want any part of the EU.

There may end up being a deal of some sort, because they need us and our money, more than we need them. They the EU need to look like there making things hard for us, which they are not of course! so other countries don’t follow our lead. I believe we hold the Aces if there are any negotiations taking place. Like I said above I’d rather leave with No Deal!
Which EU country trades more with us than we do with the EU?

Look. I’m not a particular lover of the EU, and we were never very comfortable there, I’ll admit. But they’re our main trading partners. Do the Brexit types here not realise that if there’s no deal we’ll have to pay tariffs to export to them? There won’t be free trade. Any sort of arrangement that would waive tariffs would be a ‘deal’, OK?

Look. I’m not a particular lover of the EU, and we were never very comfortable there, I’ll admit. But they’re our main trading partners. Do the Brexit types here not realise that if there’s no deal we’ll have to pay tariffs to export to them? There won’t be free trade. Any sort of arrangement that would waive tariffs would be a ‘deal’, OK?
Snowflake! Don't you want us to be independent, let alone great again?

Snowflake! Don't you want us to be independent, let alone great again?
HA. I’m no bothered about that, I want us to be prosperous and to have control of our own laws, without interference from America or Russia or unelected bureaucrats like Dominic Cummings who want to sell off the NHS and open up the country to big US businesses who will exploit the less able and lower our food standards and workers rights. Yes I’m a total snowflake, what are you going to do about it?

HA. I’m no bothered about that, I want us to be prosperous and to have control of our own laws, without interference from America or Russia or unelected bureaucrats like Dominic Cummings who want to sell off the NHS and open up the country to big US businesses who will exploit the less able and lower our food standards and workers rights. Yes I’m a total snowflake, what are you going to do about it?
Just thumbing through my pointless soundbites reference book. I'll let you know.

Sod Covid. There is another thread for that chatter!
I’m more interested in leaving the EU without a deal.

We hold all the aces and it’s up to them to come to us and make us an offer, because perhaps there is a chance that we don’t want to negotiate further, and have something better lined up. Who knows, but we will find out.

I can’t believe after all this time, there are still some extremely salty people.

If remain had won, we the Leavers would of accepted it graciously.

All those words and you didn't answer the main question.

I wonder why.

Produces nothing and stifles nations!!! ?

Your first paragraph is pure whataboutery and decredits any following points, which is probably for the best because the history lesson is pointless as the referendum was based on now not then. Not to mention

Produces nothing and stifles nations!!! ?

Your first paragraph is pure whataboutery and decredits any following points, which is probably for the best because the history lesson is pointless as the referendum was based on now not then. Not to mention

Not to mention what?

Apart from that, kindly tell us what the organisational side of the EU produces.
Except a nice earner for the removal firms. Their own estimate of the cost of the monthly move is 113.800.000 euros.
The member states produce stuff, goods etc.
The EU takes from all its members and redistributes as it see`s fit.
It implements regulation on all irrespective of that nations best interest.
When we joined it was sold as a trading partnership......... not a "United States of Europe" which is now its end goal.

I am interested to see the impact on London. Already 7,500 banking jobs have been moved to Europe. Banks and FI shedding jobs due to digitalisation and automation. Couple with the effect of Covid 19 and decentralisation, analysts say anything between another 20,000-40,000 financial services jobs could be lost in London.

For me, too much has been centralised in London, I would like to see the jobs and wealth spread more around the UK.

I am interested to see the impact on London. Already 7,500 banking jobs have been moved to Europe. Banks and FI shedding jobs due to digitalisation and automation. Couple with the effect of Covid 19 and decentralisation, analysts say anything between another 20,000-40,000 financial services jobs could be lost in London.

For me, too much has been centralised in London, I would like to see the jobs and wealth spread more around the UK.
More likely to be spread around Europe now as trading conditions will be far more favorable as a result of no/thin deal.

Who are we all going to blame for that, I wonder :unsure:

No problem, we'll just attract it all back by becoming a low tax economy.....oh....wait....how will that pay for Covid on top of all the massive "levelling up" Bojo has been wittering on about for the last 11 months?

More likely to be spread around Europe now as trading conditions will be far more favorable as a result of no/thin deal.

Who are we all going to blame for that, I wonder :unsure:

No problem, we'll just attract it all back by becoming a low tax economy.....oh....wait....how will that pay for Covid on top of all the massive "levelling up" Bojo has been wittering on about for the last 11 months?
It depends on the financial passport. To service European or British clients you will probably have to be based in that location.

But those based in the UK will strongly look at why they need to centralise with a huge office in London, paying huge rents and salaries. I am already aware of one company which has offered WFH anywhere in the UK for its staff.

The New Statemen article is an eye opener.

Yes... the responses speak volumes.
"The tins were not easy open so couldn`t get in"........

1. How did that person cope before tins were easy open?
2. Use a tin opener.
3. Ask a neighbour.

"They didn`t consider XYZ allergies/intolerances etc etc" ............. eat the other stuff then.

FFS....... can`t do right for some of these "me.me.me" types.

Back
Top Bottom