Anindya Bakrie

So when owners past and present default on payments, FK threatens action, both merry and tiger form has been less than inspiring.
Wow - that is significant.

Not sure of his wealth but his old fella is worth more than $2 Billion!

Tentatively excited because of just the gathering, you would be sure something is brewing.
The way news comes about we could get a BTW we bought the stadium out of the blue!

Last edited:
Out of interest, how rare would it be for Oxford to have had three permanent home grounds, were we to leave the Kassam for a new ground?

Should imagine the vast majority of clubs have been based at one or two permanent grounds over history, but that’s purely guesswork on my part.

Its not uncommon, just that most of the moves happened a long time ago (late 1800s-early 1900s). EG Man U are on their 3rd ground, Arsenal I think is 5, Sunderland 8,

While speculating the benifits of wealthy owners/board members and their potential spending power on oufc

A cautionary note .. remember that wealthy fella (!) Who was the owner a decade or so ago .. who is our current landlord....not all wealthy owners turn out to have the best interests of the club in mind

They usually dont make mega money by being 'nice guys' . ... often acumulation of vast wealth comes with ruthlessness

Also, with Tiger at the helm, communication for us mushrooms hasnt been all that from day one.

"I will be there to offer any help or guidance"

How about money?

Our board must have combined wealth of more than some premiership teams, whether the club will see that remains to be seen.
I think if you're a wealthy person, 'help' may also mean money. However, I have a bottle of Lucozade and a bag of Wotsits to my name so don't take my word for it...

So only knowing that we have a number of exceptional rich people as directors isn't exciting??!!
No. They've made absolutely zero comment about levels of investment or their plans.

Action is the only thing to be excited about.

No. They've made absolutely zero comment about levels of investment or their plans.

Action is the only thing to be excited about.
I think you're overlooking the fact that having several people with very strong business acumen at the club, offers more benefits than just money. Of course, that is what we all want but there is more than that. Being able to spend money is great but turning the club into a profitable business is just as, if not, more important.

"I will be there to offer any help or guidance"

How about money?

Our board must have combined wealth of more than some premiership teams, whether the club will see that remains to be seen.
If the $10b net worth between them is correct that would be more than the owners at Arsenal, Leicester, Liverpool, Man United, Spurs and Wolves to name a few. Just short of Abramovich at $12b.

Obviously means little if they don't invest, but it's exciting to think about :)

I think you're overlooking the fact that having several people with very strong business acumen at the club, offers more benefits than just money. Of course, that is what we all want but there is more than that. Being able to spend money is great but turning the club into a profitable business is just as, if not, more important.
I'd love to know why these guys are here if it's not money related. Purely to help a club they've no previous connection with? To put it on their LinkedIn CV?

I don't doubt that most, if not all, like football but they're here to make money, too. So, gents, spill the beans to tell us how you plan to do that.

It always comes back to money and to earn any they will need to invest.

So why do you think they're here? A few free tickets and a 50/50 scarf??
To make some money.

Whether or not that's for the good of OUFC or themselves is yet to be seen. Unless, oh positive-one, you know more?

I'd love to know why these guys are here if it's not money related. Purely to help a club they've no previous connection with? To put it on their LinkedIn CV?

I don't doubt that most, if not all, like football but they're here to make money, too. So, gents, spill the beans to tell us how you plan to do that.

How do they make money?

Get us promoted to Championship and sell for moderate profit.

Get us promoted to PL and sell for much bigger profit.

Get us to PL and make money from TV revenue.

Buy young, untested players, turn into stars and sell for a profit.

Build a new stadium including associated businesses, hotel etc.

Develop the current stadium to generate match day income (moderate returns).

All sound much better than the situation we've found ourselves in over the last decade or 2.

They're not 'helping' us, they're helping themselves and if we're all honest, we know that. However, as fans and as a club, we are direct beneficiaries of them attempting to do so. I have no issue with them making money because in order to do so, investment is needed.

When we begin working for a company, we don't do it because we've always loved them and had a connection with them. We do it because they pay us good money and offer us attractive prospects that line up with our aspirations. I would say the same applies in a case such as this - I hope.

Back
Top Bottom