Away Match Day Thread +++ AFC Wimbledon v OUFC 29/9/18+++

KR you are a P**s poor manager, you are undoing what Mapp a has done, you talk s**t, your are shite, your a stubborn Scouse t**t F off out of my club, Tiger sack the tnuc. P**s poor management, ball less owner. Just f**k off. Get Mapp back!!!! Ps warned by Charlton about clueless Karl and his stubborn ways. Season over all ready. Not looking for results now as I know we will lose. Laughing stock. SACK HIM NOW!!!!!
Calm down son, Appleton won’t come back as he has moved beyond Div 3, Karl will probably not be sacked so let’s hope he can pull it round.

Oxford proving they are the divisions soft touch this season. All the possession and nothing to show for it.
Other teams know how to play against us as we never change the way we play

Oxford proving they are the divisions soft touch this season. All the possession and nothing to show for it.
Other teams know how to play against us as we never change the way we play
Exactly. They defend well against us, and win on the break. Perhaps with our current squad that is what we should do. Defend deep and then let Browne/Holmes/Whyte deliver a killer blow on the break.
Or work on our set pieces and convert a few.
Or go right off plan and play someone like Baptiste or even Dickie up front.
Got to try something very different.

Come on, he bragged about how smart he was signing Mackie, Smith & Hanson. And he signed Hanson on a very costly FOUR YEAR deal.
If he thinks they are going to keep us in L1 he is deluded.
And then he drops Dickie, Norman, and Ruffels. You what???
Looks like we will be changing places with Forest Green. Nightmare.

It’ll be an even worse nightmare if we change places with Forest Green reserves....

We’re the Manchester United of L1. Worst starts for 25 years

The problem is when the rot is set in it's set in.
The only thing that can turn this around is change, now I said I would give him until Plymouth and should the unthinkable happen we lose he has to go.

Hate to see people sacked so I'm hoping the likes of Brown,Curruthers & Mackie come back in.

The only thing that can turn this around is change, now I said I would give him until Plymouth and should the unthinkable happen we lose he has to go.

Hate to see people sacked so I'm hoping the likes of Brown,Curruthers & Mackie come back in.

All three have a history of injury issues and were signed by Robinson who knew that. What he failed to do was take note of what all the fans were telling him “we need some strikers” but he failed to act. He will pay the price of his failure.

Usually yes, but MAPP's first season proves the exception to the rule. Whether KR can turn it around or is given the time to is a different question though.

Usually yes, but MAPP's first season proves the exception to the rule. Whether KR can turn it around or is given the time to is a different question though.

Agreed, but the stakes are a little different,
we are a league higher which brings that added pressure and for the difficulties MAPP had you felt he had it in him to swing the changes

KR comes across as he cannot understand why it is going all wrong and how to turn it around. He is hoping the injured coming back will mix it up for him. Last throw of the dice....

In MAPP's first season if you broke the season down in to 5 game batches there was a steady improvement in each batch of 5, hence you could just see the overall progress, despite the odd match set back.

Appleton also had a couple of ‘moments’ in his time here when he publicly had enough and dragged the players up by the collar. In the first season it was the 5-1 at Cambridge where he bombed a few out on the back of it, and then back in L1 it was the 2-0 at Shrewsbury which left us in danger of a dogfight. On both of those occasions he came out and criticised the players and their attitudes in no uncertain terms, and made sure that at least the team was competitive even if we lost after that. He gave them a rocket and made them show some respect to him, the fans and the shirt.

This bloke isn’t going to do that, because he wants to be liked and because on top of that, he hasn’t got what it takes to grab a dressing room full of players and lift them off the ground, chuck them about and get things sorted.

Back
Top Bottom