Home Match Day Thread +++ 13/04/2019 OUFC v AFC Wimbledon Match Day Thread +++

AFC fans on twitter getting very excited over this video:
Anyone know what it's about? Is that the kit man who ghosted him at the final whistle? They're making a meal of it but it does look a bit unseemly from our guy.
It's why I have absolutely no respect for that tin pot club any more. Spend far too much time getting angry about the past and way too sensitive when other fans point it out. It reminds me of some of the chippy clubs we played in the Conference who were just flat out jealous of us - a non-league mentality in a League One club,. They royally shafted over Kingstonian but it doesn't fit with their woe is me narrative.

Anyway. The cross by Garbutt in the 2nd half was utterly savage on them.

It did make me laugh when the final whistle went and I heard this one loud solitary boo from someone. Deary me, what sort of brain dead mentalist are you? Stay at home snowflake.

Very good performance today, Nelson was magnificent and Dickie not far behind. Barring some excellent keeping, AFC were like their fans, rubbish. End product at times was iffy, but it's nit picking on an overall good performance from OUFC today. Sykes looks a good player and Brannagan quietly ran the game again ?

As for them. Other than Piggott falling over a lot, not all that. Looked slow and reliant on hoofing it to Hanson for Piggott to then fall over. As for their waterboy who wouldn't shake Robbo's hand. Just like your club, small minded and bitter. I hope they go down

Just for balance, I didn’t actually see Robbo offer his hand so clearly some history throughout the game. I don’t have an issue with that but would prefer Robbo to just come out and say they were having some “afters” rather than saying the guy wouldn’t shake his hand and bleat on about a lack of professionalism.

And as for their fans being rubbish.. i thought it was a decent showing for them today and at times they were making a decent noise.

A very poor team though and had it not been for some decent saves and some poor finishing they would have been demolished. Possibly the worst team to visit this season.

Would be happy to see them go down.

I lived in Earlsfield for a good few years and met a fair few of them. Normally when you meet fellow lower league fans you tend to find affinity and connection. This lot are not in the bucket. Their general persona is nicely summed up by the embarrassing champagne song of theirs.

Of course their weird morality bent on MK Dons rather forgets the fact they abandoned their club in droves whilst in the premier league. 23 away fans at Anfield for a league game is lower than St Albans, Forest green and Salisbury brought to us

I, like most, had huge sympathy with Wimbledon fans at the time. What happened was wrong and would never happen again.

However, they’ve embarrassed themselves time and time again with their classless behaviour around all things MKD. The club themselves have been irresponsible in that regard with a small-minded and petty attitude to their fixtures. They have to continued to embrace a culture of victimhood in their fan base that does their club zero favours.

They’ll never forget and nor would we. They’ll hate MKD for ever and so would we. But they’ve won. They sit higher than the club they hate. Bask in that glory, fellas and lose the chip.

As for the nonsense around KR and anyone that ever had anything to do with MKD, well that’s just crass. People have to earn a living. Blame the FA/PL, but don’t blame people for doing their jobs.

Move on, Dons and while you’re at it could you treat away fans with respect and allow them to actually see all of the game they’ve paid for.

P.S. terrific support from them yesterday, while our vocal backing at home games has become barely audible over our combined breathing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point about the vocal support
(or lack of it).
It is disappointing that we are not generating an atmosphere at home at the moment.
The reasons are many and varied, but somewhere between the Ultras disbanding, the removal of the banners and flags, the terrible officious stewarding, poor attendances and the awful, season long scrapping in the bottom four has taken its toll.
It hasn’t all been bad and there have been some terrific moments that warm the heart ( Mackie’s winner set the place on fire), so there is hope for better days, but if you want atmosphere then you may need to go on the road. We generate brilliant away support.
I hope, for next season (every season) we have some success, because when we get the right crowd in, in a big game the Ka$$am can rock.

Nice to see us just keeping the ball even if it means going backwards. If we had scored the chance after numerous passes in the first half it could have been a contender for goal of the season for us.

One question, not sure what Karl sees in Garbutt re; his post match interviews and selection! Just hope it doesn't mean he’s considering signing him in the summer. Graham over him any day of the week.

Skyes was class at times yesterday!!

Their forum is amusingly precious. They are possibly one of the most unpopular teams in the EFL and their ‘wonderful fans’ don’t like this reality. Jumped up non league plodders; they make Wycombe look like Arsenal.

Hold on! You can go too far. ?

Nice to see us just keeping the ball even if it means going backwards. If we had scored the chance after numerous passes in the first half it could have been a contender for goal of the season for us.

One question, not sure what Karl sees in Garbutt re; his post match interviews and selection! Just hope it doesn't mean he’s considering signing him in the summer. Graham over him any day of the week.

I thought Luke Garbutt had a good game yesterday and he’s certainly better out on the wing as proposed to being a Left Back

Luke Garbutt was very good. Mostly we out in very good crosses and excellent passes.
We started the second half so well with some good attacks on the right.
We do play well as a unit, and when Nelson goes he will be missed.
If only we had a striker that was clinical in front of goal.
Should have won by at least two goals yesterday.
Wimbledon had no efforts on goal. Not the worst team I’ve seen this year, that must surely be Plymouth

I just put together some rudimentary stats of recent matches, starting from the Accrington game:

Garbutt
Minutes: 581 - (Ave 72 mins p/match)
Shots: 16
Goals: 2
Assists: 3

Graham
Minutes: 562 - (Ave 62 mins p/match)
Shots: 6
Goals: 1
Assists: 0

Graham can be very exciting when he wants, but he's just not productive. He's close to 50 senior career appearances at age 24, with 2 goals and maybe a handful of assists. The faith Oxford fans have in him has to make way for reality soon.

Not that I'd get Garbutt in the summer either, with the amount of money we'd have to spend on him.

The fans I understand but a club official is supposed to act professionally. Then Wimbledon have form for acting pathetically over this at a professional level.

Wimbledon aren't angels either when you think they have killed off a historic dog track stadium for their new stadium.

There was the time they refused to acknowledge MK Dons in their official programme too (that’s against league rules and they duly got pulled up on it)

Think there’s still a bit of a non league chip on their shoulder attitude about AFCW. Throw in the MK situation and you’ve got some of the most precious people in football going.

Awful team to watch by the way. Make Wycombe look like Brazil 1970

Back
Top Bottom