Away Match Day Thread +++ AFC Wimbledon v OUFC 29/9/18+++

Just as an aside to the Robbo out stuff, which I am on board with after today, What the f**k has happened to our deadball situations? Endless corners and free kicks today and not one resulted in anything like a goal threat. Every corner to the back post. What exactly do we do in training sessions?? Judging by our performances this season, I would suggest a load of safe passing and f**k all else.
Not quite right, 4 or 5 corners never made it past the near post. I think it was Pigott that headed them away.

Either we start winning soon or we get a new manager. It’s all good . Trouble is, who would we get? Took ages last time. And no we can’t afford Steve Bruce!

Just as an aside to the Robbo out stuff, which I am on board with after today, What the f**k has happened to our deadball situations? Endless corners and free kicks today and not one resulted in anything like a goal threat. Every corner to the back post. What exactly do we do in training sessions?? Judging by our performances this season, I would suggest a load of safe passing and f**k all else.

I think the last time we did anything other than float one across to the back post was against Coventry - and Obika scored! We saw in the World Cup the advantage of decent set pieces and I would have thought that we could have at least tried to put something together that gave us a figting chance of getting the odd chance!

Another defeat, and it was inevitable. I’m convinced with someone else in the hot seat, with a different approach and fresh ideas, and someone who is not afraid to change formations. Also someone who will change tactics to get results would be doing far better.

I will be astounded if he keeps his job another week or two.

Bang on the money. Someone who will be prepared to change formation, and play to the strength of the players. Even in Brannigan's interview, he said scoring goals like the one he did today is what he does, and what he has done since he was 6. Robinson has him playing deeper though, so he basically plays where he is told.

Hardly safe though is it? F...ing terrifying!

Must admit after watching the game and then watching KR's interview on yellow player I'm starting to get a bit worried. I was actually one of the few thinking he would get things sorted but now I'm starting to lose faith. He was on about more crosses and shots etc but we hardly ever looked like scoring today. First half was AWFUL. think we had just 2 shots in 45 mins... against Wimbledon... second half was a little better but like I said apart from Holmes chance we never really had any proper decent chances.

I fear he's completely unsackable tho as he often mentions "what we are going to build here" and talks like he's pretty much written off this season already.

It's getting a little tedious in all honesty.

We walked back from the game to the station with a seemingly intelligent AFC supporter who said ‘ you won’t get relegated,you have players we’d love to have’.

Well maybe but I think he’s wrong. OUFC generally have a marshmallow central defence, are physically weaker than any other team we’ve seen this season, are slow in possession, are physically smaller than nearly every other opponent we’ve seen, have inadequate forwards, - once again Obika was the pick of the bunch - we disintegrated after he was subbed off, have a manager who can’t or won’t change his tactics, plus a squad which can’t be improved for three months.

I reckon we are near the point of no return - but fear that there is no replacement lined up.

We have to win on Tuesday or else Robbo should walk the plank. But will he ? The chairman is on the other side of the world - who’s going to flick the switch?

We have lost to footballing sides, hammer throwers, neat counter attackers etc. Played 10, lost 7. It is ABYSMAL.

AFC are relegation fodder in my eyes and so , sadly, are we. .

I like Robbo’s enthusiasm and the supporters haven’t turned yet , but it’s getting near the end isn’t it?

We walked back from the game to the station with a seemingly intelligent AFC supporter who said ‘ you won’t get relegated,you have players we’d love to have’.

Well maybe but I think he’s wrong. OUFC generally have a marshmallow central defence, are physically weaker than any other team we’ve seen this season, are slow in possession, are physically smaller than nearly every other opponent we’ve seen, have inadequate forwards, - once again Obika was the pick of the bunch - we disintegrated after he was subbed off, have a manager who can’t or won’t change his tactics, plus a squad which can’t be improved for three months.

I reckon we are near the point of no return - but fear that there is no replacement lined up.

We have to win on Tuesday or else Robbo should walk the plank. But will he ? The chairman is on the other side of the world - who’s going to flick the switch?

We have lost to footballing sides, hammer throwers, neat counter attackers etc. Played 10, lost 7. It is ABYSMAL.

AFC are relegation fodder in my eyes and so , sadly, are we. .

I like Robbo’s enthusiasm and the supporters haven’t turned yet , but it’s getting near the end isn’t it?
Not sure about this. It’ll be interesting if (when) we go a goal down on Tuesday..

Don't think we're near point of no return..eg Rochdale were adrift at one point by a few points and still clawed their way back

Not sure about this. It’ll be interesting if (when) we go a goal down on Tuesday..
I struggle with what you have said there, support the team whatever as getting on their or the managers back is counter productive, Luton will have the maximum allocation allowed and will be noisy and so should we getting behind the team, there has always been an edge between the two teams so don’t give their fans any more encouragement by getting on at the players or manager, support the team on the pitch.

At the game. Think Sam Long has been our weak link. Defence is famously poor, but we've really stepped it up a level and look dangerous up until the final third. Whyte and Holmes are inspired. Brannagan and Henry looking to push us forward. Obika needs support in the box, and then we start scoring more.

Went to the game and you are in my opinion spot on. Long was targeted and looked at fault for me for the first goal. Seemed to be dozing.
Where was Norman today ? he’s done well overall for me - and if dropped again then that is harsh. Long has barely kicked a ball in two years
for us in the league.Can’t fathom that decision.

I admit I just don’t know where we go from here - we’re losing games to poor sides when we have so much of the ball.Technically
we look streets ahead of teams but in both boxes we are just not good enough. At the back we’re fragile and up front nobody seems to want
to take responsibility - the buck is being passed.

Mentally we look as weak as kittens too.

I struggle with what you have said there, support the team whatever as getting on their or the managers back is counter productive, Luton will have the maximum allocation allowed and will be noisy and so should we getting behind the team, there has always been an edge between the two teams so don’t give their fans any more encouragement by getting on at the players or manager, support the team on the pitch.
Yeah your right.. I’ve reached breaking point tonight. I’ve not been so p#ssed off with the ineptitude of a manager since the Kemp days - and I know that says a lot after Clotet but at least we occasionally looked like scoring more than one goal in those days - but I’ll gather my thoughts and get behind the players again by Tuesday night.

We have to get behind the team as we are playing at the Kassam and as The Manager has told us, the players hate playing there. Booing the players on Tuesday will be counter productive.

WOW, 1 win in 10. I don't know what else I can do. It is up to the players? So he has given up blaming the referee, it's just bad luck. What other excuse can Robinson come up with?
Tiger ffs get this joker out of our club.

I think he is in for the long haul.
A lot of time and effort went into getting him here so he won’t be sacked anytime soon.

Smith seems to me not ready for league football, and Mackie seems past it. That leaves Obika who isn’t totally useless but to be polite isn’t exactly what we need in our current formation. Two decent strikers needed ASAP, let’s try to get Hylton back!

KR you are a P**s poor manager, you are undoing what Mapp a has done, you talk s**t, your are shite, your a stubborn Scouse t**t F off out of my club, Tiger sack the tnuc. P**s poor management, ball less owner. Just f**k off. Get Mapp back!!!! Ps warned by Charlton about clueless Karl and his stubborn ways. Season over all ready. Not looking for results now as I know we will lose. Laughing stock. SACK HIM NOW!!!!!

KR you are a P**s poor manager, you are undoing what Mapp a has done, you talk s**t, your are shite, your a stubborn Scouse t**t F off out of my club, Tiger sack the tnuc. P**s poor management, ball less owner. Just f**k off. Get Mapp back!!!! Ps warned by Charlton about clueless Karl and his stubborn ways. Season over all ready. Not looking for results now as I know we will lose. Laughing stock. SACK HIM NOW!!!!!

Bet you’re glad you got that out of your system

Back
Top Bottom