Current Player #9 Mark Harris

What a well taken goal today. I thought his touch had taken him too close to the defender but he did brilliantly. He does start to look knackered by about the 75th minute but that’s understandable given the immense shift he’s put in all season, played a huge amount of minutes and worked really hard, fair play to him. Hope he can hit at least 20 goals this season - 25 would be lovely!

Love his song too - lots of fun singing that.

He's got to be one of the fittest in the team ,he just never stops ,tremendous effort. I remember reading the Cardiff forum when we got him and they said what a great lad he is and they would miss him.We have certainly got a great player never stops ,Danny Hylton no2 excellent. Let's go for a goal in everyone of our last 3 games to come ,fingers crossed.

What is Harris on? Unbelievable stamina and effort.
Oh and 19 goals so far this season.
We have been pretty lucky that he has been so good ( and remained fit) this season with no other strikers available for most of the season.

Whoa, remember that only league goals scored by players wearing black boots (Adidas World Cup or Puma King's preferably) count towards any goals per season tally.

Finished tied for 6th in the League One goalscoring charts with 15 - despite not scoring for four months in the middle! Scored more than anyone did for Bolton, Posh or Derby.
(for the record, there were only two twenty goal scorers in the league this year......May & Bishop)

If we don't win the playoffs, I'll be excited to see what he can do next season now that he has a bit more experience and confidence as a #9.

Twelve league goals since the turn of the year would suggest that 20-25 is well within his capabilities.

(Oh, and I thought he was absolutely outstanding first half today - his goal and his workrate obviously, but also the quality of his hold-up play)

Finished tied for 6th in the League One goalscoring charts with 15 - despite not scoring for four months in the middle! Scored more than anyone did for Bolton, Posh or Derby.
(for the record, there were only two twenty goal scorers in the league this year......May & Bishop)

If we don't win the playoffs, I'll be excited to see what he can do next season now that he has a bit more experience and confidence as a #9.

Twelve league goals since the turn of the year would suggest that 20-25 is well within his capabilities.

(Oh, and I thought he was absolutely outstanding first half today - his goal and his workrate obviously, but also the quality of his hold-up play)
I wonder whether Championship teams are looking at him?
Pace, huge workrate and scores goals.
Also he can improve, particularly in the air.

Forget stats, my eyes don’t deceive me. Harris is missing gilt edged chances. He’s had chances he’s fluffed and there have been chances where he’s just not there. I can’t remember the game at home a few weeks back where four balls were put across the face of goal, an out and out goal scorer helps himself to two of those at least. Decent enough player With a great work ethic but a goal scorer he isn’t.
@dickwalton1964 you had your big serving of humble pie yet? 😁

Dick was right in that he’s not a poacher like Matty and he has passed up quite a lot of chances a forward like Taylor would have got. But he’s scored plenty and his overall play has been excellent, particularly today.
So he wasn't right then, because he clearly has been a goalscorer :ROFLMAO:

He had a tough time earlier in the season but has absolutely flourished under Des, gets far more goals and I think contributes much more aside from that than he did before as well. Even when he wasn't scoring no one could doubt his work rate, he must have put some serious miles in this season.

Des has got Harris working between the posts which means that he's better placed to get chances with balls coming from Murphy and Dale out wide, and is also far more direct when running on to the ball through the middle.

He still has a tendency to go searching for the ball if things aren't happening, and at times against Lincoln and Stevenage we lost our shape with him coming far too deep or getting too close to Dale on the right.

If he stays central and high it not only makes him far more effective, but it creates the space for Dale, Murphy, Goodrham and Rodrigues to play their games too.

Back
Top Bottom