Current Player #6 Josh McEachran

I've been surprised at how poor he is. You can tell he's technically good, but he doesn't really seem to make an impact on games. It's mostly sideways or backwards passing. He reminds me a bit of Lewis Bate -I know some people rated him, but I never did. He also looks very 'leggy' and is slow for someone who is only just 30. I think/hope he will be moved on in the summer.

You could add comments to most player threads today for varying reasons. But this boy is an absolute class act. It’s the perfect system for him and today he was a level above. Delighted for him as I think he was a forgotten man. Back on the map in style.
Absolutely spot on

As a McEachran doubter I am absolutely delighted that it's been proven that I don't have the slightest clue what I'm talking about.

Excellent stuff!

I've been disappointed with him generally this season but he was fantastic today and better in that role than Brannagan is as he's much more disciplined. A real boon if he can play that role and allow Cam to play as one of the 8's alongside Rodrigues, if McGuane plays his way back into contention (has he picked up his tools?) then we've got some real options at the right time.

McEachran I thought was outstanding today - both defensively and distribution. He plays that role so well and can pick out our attacking players on the counter.

He basically needs a game where he sits like a quarterback, either dishing the ball quickly or stroking the ball to the wings. For that, you need to play against a team who doesn't play a high line or press. As Boro (for whatever reason) sat off us in the middle the entire game, and we pressed amazingly well, it's basically set up for him.

Very good game!

Back
Top Bottom