Current Player #6 Josh McEachran

I am really impressed with McEachran to date.
It seems as if he was often replaced at MK at the end if games.
Does anybody have any idea why this is? Can he not last 90 minutes?
I don't know, but would posit a guess that as they had a struggle of a season last year and would have often been trying to get back into games towards the end, that the more defensive midfielders would more likely have been sacrificed for attacking players, hence he was often subbed off.

I am really impressed with McEachran to date.
It seems as if he was often replaced at MK at the end if games.
Does anybody have any idea why this is? Can he not last 90 minutes?

Over his time at MK Dons, he rarely played 90 minutes. I think due to past injuries etc he struggles to last 90 from the brief bit I read when he signed. So I'd expect him to be subbed on 60/65 minutes most games with McGuane/Smyth coming on. The 5 subs rule really does help for players like him.

Over his time at MK Dons, he rarely played 90 minutes. I think due to past injuries etc he struggles to last 90 from the brief bit I read when he signed. So I'd expect him to be subbed on 60/65 minutes most games with McGuane/Smyth coming on. The 5 subs rule really does help for players like him.
Interestingly his brother at City is often subbed after an hour or so.

In Rugby they often select players specifically to start games with the expectation that they will be replaced after an hour. With the game being so physically demanding it allows players to provide peak performance for a shorter period before being replaced.

I think that with the increased number of subs available we will see more of this in football to either prolong players careers with those like Josh McEachran, or to help introduce younger players.

McGuane was our best player fir the first half of last season playing in a deeper role so I'd have no issue with him coming on as a direct replacement for McEachran either when he's knackered or if we need to add a bit more energy into the team.

It’s quite a skill as a football player being able to come on and immediately adjust to the pace of the game and make an impact. No player wants to be a sub but not everyone is good at it and I think that’s why you get some ‘super subs’ type careers - I don’t always think it’s because they’re not good enough to start, but more that they are excellent at impacting the game in a positive way and getting up to speed as soon as they come on. As has been said, I wouldn’t be surprised to see more of this now there’s 5 subs

In Rugby they often select players specifically to start games with the expectation that they will be replaced after an hour. With the game being so physically demanding it allows players to provide peak performance for a shorter period before being replaced.

I think that with the increased number of subs available we will see more of this in football to either prolong players careers with those like Josh McEachran, or to help introduce younger players.

McGuane was our best player fir the first half of last season playing in a deeper role so I'd have no issue with him coming on as a direct replacement for McEachran either when he's knackered or if we need to add a bit more energy into the team.
I noticed yesterday Exeter referred to their substitutes as finishers

Where is McEachran based? I assume he was fairly local anyway being at MK and a local lad. Just thinking of relocation expenses, although there are plenty of more reasonably priced places to live and still be close to the training ground etc. You don't have to be based within the Walls of Jericho.

I know nothing about wrestling so went to ask my big daddy. but couldnt find him as he was hiding in some giant haystacks
I’ve had enough of all of this wrestling nonsense. Just tell me when we’ve finally bought another sharpshooter.

Where is McEachran based? I assume he was fairly local anyway being at MK and a local lad. Just thinking of relocation expenses, although there are plenty of more reasonably priced places to live and still be close to the training ground etc. You don't have to be based within the Walls of Jericho.
He lived in Kirtlington earlier in his career, I don’t know whether he moved from there.

Massive news. On the “best dressed / worst dressed player” question on the OUFC Twitter this afternoon it was revealed that Josh Mc wears a cape (and probably hangs out at brewdog). @holdsteady and @RyanioBirdio - capes are back
I was thinking cape like a crime fighter and I think that explains why he can't run much, too knackered from fighting baddies at night.

Hey, he's wearing a cape - is he some sort of superhero?

No, he's just done a runner from the barbers....

Back
Top Bottom