Away Match Build Up 5/8/2023 L1: Cambridge United v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Malc

Staff member
What a long summer that was!
But here we go again with a revitalized team and a lot of faith in LM

Win we win? Of course we will. I feel a 0-2 win for the mighty Yellows coming on,

What do you think

Yeah, 0-2 also.
They played Barnet in their last PSF and didn’t have a shot. Losing Smith who hasn’t been replaced will affect them going forwards. But as it’s the first game, they’ll be up for it. We though are looking excellent all over and I believe we’ll have enough to bag 3 points.
Looking forward to the first Fans View of the season from Mr Beasley.

I'm feeling very confident for the season I think it's going to be one to remember ...... I think we will win 1-3

A good test for the opening day yes they haven’t replaced Smith but they will still be up for it, but quietly confident of 3 points

Very confident 0-3, Browne, Harris, Rodriguez.

COYY

Really looking forward to this season. Play like we did against Swansea & QPR and we will beat Cambridge I’m that confident of a win I’ve even slapped a tenna on it COYY

Based on the QPR game, I’m going for the win!

Cambridge United 1 Oxford United 2.

Cambridge will be a totally different proposition to QPR!

If any of you lovely people have a spare ticket I'll buy you some beers as well as pay FV for the ticket.

First game of the season always feels a bit unpredictable. I will go 1-1 but where we are the stronger side and look the more dangerous.

Have a feeling Mark "Sparky" Harris will open his account for us. Looking forward to this term, COYY Mighty Manning's boys!

The Lincoln yellows are on the train at 7.45am, arrive in Cambridge just after 10.15am, it’s going to be a long day made all the more enjoyable with one of our memorable away wins.
I didn’t make the QPR match however I did attend the Swansea game and I certainly saw enough on that Friday night to suggest we are much, much improved on last season.

Cambridge Utd - 0
Oxford United - 3
Att - 6,847 (1,442 Very noisy Yellows)

Think the starting 11 pretty much picks it’s self for this apart from that right hand side. It’s a toss up between Long & Stevens at right back and Mills & Goodrham on the wing. Be interesting too see which way Manning goes.

Anyway I’m sure the players will be oozing confidence for this one after the weekend.

1-3 win and the return of champagne football 😎

Personally I haven't felt this confident about opening day in years.

Tellingly, we will have the direct comparison with this time two years ago - the same opening fixture and both us and Cambridge with similar respective expectations for the coming season to those in 2021.

That day we drew 1-1 which, whilst not a disaster, was once again a reflection of our consistently sluggish starts in that era (and ultimately 2 points dropped).

Quite frankly, I don't expect us to be that complacent now. I expect us to have the structure to our game, the fitness and the mentality to win from Day 1 - and I am confident that we will ultimately have too much quality for Cambridge.

And while it's may only be the first 3 points of many that are up for grabs this season - I do think that it represents the perfect opportunity to completely break with recent years and to usher in the new era (sorry) by doing something we never did during all that time - fly out of the traps with a handsome win on the opening day.

And I am fully expecting that to be the case this time around.

Up the f**king Ox.

The last 10 games we have played in Cambridge have resulted in lost 6, drawn 4 and won 0, you have to go back to 1995 for our last away win at the Abbey Stadium so no room for complacency on Saturday......

Think the starting 11 pretty much picks it’s self for this apart from that right hand side. It’s a toss up between Long & Stevens at right back and Mills & Goodrham on the wing. Be interesting too see which way Manning goes.

Anyway I’m sure the players will be oozing confidence for this one after the weekend.

1-3 win and the return of champagne football 😎

I think we'll start as we have in the last two home friendlies which will mean Long and Goodrham on the right. Goodrham has been in good form so I think he deserves to keep his place, but I expect Mills to be breathing down his neck for the starting position.

Stevens has looked a little less assured at the back than I would have hoped, so I think Long will hold the right back position initially, especially away from home.

The last 10 games we have played in Cambridge have resulted in lost 6, drawn 4 and won 0, you have to go back to 1995 for our last away win at the Abbey Stadium so no room for complacency on Saturday......

It ultimately didn't end well but I thoroughly enjoyed 2006/7 - so I'm personally very disappointed to hear that the thumping Yemi-inspired 3-0 victory at The Abbey has been expunged from the records.

Nah, I distinctly remember seeing us win 3-0 there in 2006!

Seem to recall us winning there 3-0 in our first season back in the conference, think Yemi scored?

*just beaten to it!

Back
Top Bottom