Away Match Build Up 5/8/2023 L1: Cambridge United v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Malc

Staff member
What a long summer that was!
But here we go again with a revitalized team and a lot of faith in LM

Win we win? Of course we will. I feel a 0-2 win for the mighty Yellows coming on,

What do you think

I remember us playing Cambridge on a night match on Setanta sports? Unless my memory is failing me

First time in years I have to work on a Saturday and it's the first day of the season 😡
Hopefully I'll be able to put radio Oxford on from 3pm, COYY

That rings a bell - I remember seeking a pub out in Bristol to watch, must have been around 2008

I might be wrong here but I seem to remember us playing a Setanta game against Cambridge on a Thursday night.

I certainly remember a Thursday game around that time because it was the first ever for me.

I might be wrong here but I seem to remember us playing a Setanta game against Cambridge on a Thursday night.

I certainly remember a Thursday game around that time because it was the first ever for me.
That's the one i was thinking of

The last 10 games we have played in Cambridge have resulted in lost 6, drawn 4 and won 0, you have to go back to 1995 for our last away win at the Abbey Stadium so no room for complacency on Saturday......
Was that the year Cambridge equalled at 2-2 in the last minute, then David Rush scored straight from the kick off?

Q the random Rushy celebration!

The last 10 games we have played in Cambridge have resulted in lost 6, drawn 4 and won 0, you have to go back to 1995 for our last away win at the Abbey Stadium so no room for complacency on Saturday......
Oh Bollox!

The level of confidence on here has left me positively fuming. You lot have learnt almost nothing after 20 years of internet football forum predictions, this level of unanimity on a positive outcome has lost us the game before we even step on the field

The level of confidence on here has left me positively fuming. You lot have learnt almost nothing after 20 years of internet football forum predictions, this level of unanimity on a positive outcome has lost us the game before we even step on the field
Oi, stop being a curmudgeon !

That rings a bell - I remember seeking a pub out in Bristol to watch, must have been around 2008
Here’s the Thursday night one. I remember watching it at the Boundary House in Abingdon. Bad memories though as we lost to a late late winner

Phew! Some have predicted a draw and one has now predicted at Cambridge victory, and so we're no longer unanimously predicting a victory....which means, for sure and certain, a victory for the Mighty Yellows.

Pedantically speaking, there can't actually be levels of unanimity--we're either unanimous or we're not. And, luckily, we're not.

Looking forward to this one! You can’t beat that new season optimism. I’ve never been to Cambridge, so wanting to get there fairly early to make a day of it. Does anyone have any pub recommendations?

Looking forward to this one! You can’t beat that new season optimism. I’ve never been to Cambridge, so wanting to get there fairly early to make a day of it. Does anyone have any pub recommendations?
I usually go to a few on my way from the station, me and some friends had a fair few in the corner house and it was a nice enough little boozer.

Back
Top Bottom