Current Player #4 Jordan Thorniley

I actually think that McNally and Moore are both very good, and are commanding enough. They win the majority of balls played high and directly at the back. They get caught out most from low crosses into the box and less frequently the odd runner from midfield.

I believe that the issue is in both fullback positions and also holding midfield. If Gorrin were playing and we had a solid leftback like Skarz, a rightback in the mould of Baldock or Cadden then I think we would be solid. Longy is good at this level, but I'm not sure he would be good enough to go up another level. I thought Seddon started well for us but seems to be completely lacking in confidence at the moment, it feels like pretty much every mistake he makes, we're punished. He could do with a rest, reflect and come back stronger.

I have to say that I have been far from impressed with Stevens since his return. I actually think that Eastwood was doing a better job than Stevens is currently. It wouldn't surprise me if Easty is back in the team this weekend (played the first half of the game yesterday).

I actually think that McNally and Moore are both very good, and are commanding enough. They win the majority of balls played high and directly at the back. They get caught out most from low crosses into the box and less frequently the odd runner from midfield.

I believe that the issue is in both fullback positions and also holding midfield. If Gorrin were playing and we had a solid leftback like Skarz, a rightback in the mould of Baldock or Cadden then I think we would be solid. Longy is good at this level, but I'm not sure he would be good enough to go up another level. I thought Seddon started well for us but seems to be completely lacking in confidence at the moment, it feels like pretty much every mistake he makes, we're punished. He could do with a rest, reflect and come back stronger.

I have to say that I have been far from impressed with Stevens since his return. I actually think that Eastwood was doing a better job than Stevens is currently. It wouldn't surprise me if Easty is back in the team this weekend (played the first half of the game yesterday).
All of this, apart from replacing Stevens...he has enough credit in the bank to keep his place and is no worse than Eastwood on current form.

We have a new centre back partnership, it takes time to gel. They are both good players and mcnally could be exceptional.

Not bashing Moore, eh? The guy has played 90 plus minutes in virtually over League game in the past 18 months. A terrific example of skill and consistency. So we've had better (as both player and leader)? Perhaps you'd like to name a few from recent times.
Easy answer, Nelson, Dickie. You clearly think we’ve got a decent defence then, dear old dear

Depends if the data allows it, I guess.

We are using data from football manager from the the eighties as the club only have a Sinclair Spectrum computer (it’s why it’s taking so long to release the new manager announcement, b****r getting on the internet on one of them), top defensive targets are Dave Watson and Terry Fenwick, both get four out of five defensive rating.

There's a players' lounge at Wigan, where players' families, friends, agents, etc can go and sit in comfort and relative anonymity. If he'd asked I'm sure the club would have got him a place there. The fact that he chose to go in the away section and pose for photographs etc tells me this was a calculated move which he knew would be noticed.

Interesting.
It’s a long game 😂

Would you think manning would be interested in JT?
He was KRs player, would manning think he would be good enough?
Saying that, apparently he was seen at the training ground

I didn’t rate Thorniley as much as most did when he was here, but he’s been playing regularly in the championship for a year and a half, and Blackpool fans seem to rate him so I’m pretty confident that Manning will be pleased to get him in

I don't think Manning has the type of ego that would preclude him from signing a former KR Oxford player.
Absolutely this. A real pragmatist I feel, helpfully.

The kind of CB he’d like too I think.

I really rated him when he was here - reminded me of Jake Wright. Not the biggest but comfortable on the ball, excellent positional sense and very committed.

Yes, Liam Manning has his head screwed on and will listen to what the recruitment team say. I'm pretty sure Jordan Thorniley was probably one of the last signings we made before this window that was actual recommended by the recruitment team.

I wouldn't be surprised if other players we have had on loan or been linked to before the last 3 windows would be players we are looking at.

Back
Top Bottom