Current Player #4 Jordan Thorniley

I don't see any issue with it? He's allowed to do what he wants with his free time, it doesn't affect Blackpool in any way and it was a relatively short trip for him, assuming he lives in the area. Fair play to him, he obviously enjoyed his time here and felt part of the club.
Don't think I'd be too happy with one of our players in the same situation, especially if he was making the comments suggested on Twitter

There's a players' lounge at Wigan, where players' families, friends, agents, etc can go and sit in comfort and relative anonymity. If he'd asked I'm sure the club would have got him a place there. The fact that he chose to go in the away section and pose for photographs etc tells me this was a calculated move which he knew would be noticed.

Interesting.

Agreed Colin. I will be delighted when he returns and he has set out his stall. Fair play to the lad.

Agree 100%, he’s made some mates with our team during his time with us so nothing wrong with a short trip to cheer on his old muckers. As for being in the away end some clubs only allocate the away team freebie tickets in the away end rather than the cushy director areas.
If Mcguane went to see Forest play I hope we wouldn’t go into meltdown.
imagine a bigger meltdown if he went to Barcelona without organising flights etc for the fans😁

I think Karl’s comments about Thorniley being his player of the year so far were a bit OTT and maybe emotional. A bit like me winning the Manager’s Player of the Year trophy for the U-14s. I’d hoped it was to do with my footie ability but more than likely down to taking the nets down, helping to mark the pitch out and generally being a good chap.

I think Karl’s comments about Thorniley being his player of the year so far were a bit OTT and maybe emotional. A bit like me winning the Manager’s Player of the Year trophy for the U-14s. I’d hoped it was to do with my footie ability but more than likely down to taking the nets down, helping to mark the pitch out and generally being a good chap.
Nothing to do with your Dad being the manager then.

It's typical Karl. It's probably aimed at someone in particular. Saying Thorniley has been POTS is pretty mild compared to other stuff he's said in the past (calling the police in that ill-tempered away game at Sunderland).

Again, something for Blackpool fans to jump. We'll let it slide.

It's typical Karl. It's probably aimed at someone in particular. Saying Thorniley has been POTS is pretty mild compared to other stuff he's said in the past (calling the police in that ill-tempered away game at Sunderland).

Again, something for Blackpool fans to jump. We'll let it slide.

Unless he becomes a regular starter and is offered a much improved contract i guess we are pretty well placed
to sign him on in the summer.

Unless he becomes a regular starter and is offered a much improved contract i guess we are pretty well placed

Probably not. Karl will decide to buy another winger instead. 🙄

I don’t think he’s the answer to our defensive woes, we need a big commanding centre half and 2 new full backs. Trust me until this is addressed, we are going nowhere, we will fail again at the third attempt l.

I don’t think he’s the answer to our defensive woes, we need a big commanding centre half and 2 new full backs. Trust me until this is addressed, we are going nowhere, we will fail again at the third attempt l.

We have a big centre back who’s our captain so, by definition, you’d assume he’s the commanding influence required. For good measure our other centre back is ‘big’ too. Which of these two are you binning ? I don’t think there is too much wrong with the current centre back pairing, it’s probably more about defending from the front as a team. I’m not seeing glaring individual errors from Moore or McNally, just think we need better protection across the pitch and from the front. Maybe the goalkeeper position is under scrutiny but I’m not sure Moore and McNally are the problem.

We have a big centre back who’s our captain so, by definition, you’d assume he’s the commanding influence required. For good measure our other centre back is ‘big’ too. Which of these two are you binning ? I don’t think there is too much wrong with the current centre back pairing, it’s probably more about defending from the front as a team. I’m not seeing glaring individual errors from Moore or McNally, just think we need better protection across the pitch and from the front. Maybe the goalkeeper position is under scrutiny but I’m not sure Moore and McNally are the problem.
Moore would be gone for me, look at our goals conceded over the last few years, we are simply not good enough at the back, the huge centre half who played for Wycombe looked pretty decent. This does needed a shake up IMHO.

Not all by himself he isnt the answer but he could be an important part of the jigsaw. I really like McNally and would have no
problem seeing him start instead of Moore from time to time but i`m no fan of having a right footed CB playing on the left of
the two with Seddon being played as a wing back, thats asking for trouble imo. Our recruitment normally does a really good
job with center backs and its way to soon to be writing Brown off imo.

When you say 2 new full backs are you talking about 2 left full backs ?

With respect, i`m gonna trust me, we could lose the next 3 and still make the playoffs, its far from over.

Anyway, Thorniley, i would be very happy to see him back here next season.

Seems to be handling the championship well enough Thorniley thread on the Blackpool forum

Moore would be gone for me, look at our goals conceded over the last few years, we are simply not good enough at the back, the huge centre half who played for Wycombe looked pretty decent. This does needed a shake up IMHO.
I imagine that Moore will end up in the Championship.
I am really not sure where this sudden anti Moore feeling is coming from

All I’m saying is that our defence simply isn’t good enough, how many clean sheets are we getting…

Not bashing anyone in particular, BUT if we want championship football then our defence needs to improve, the quality of Nelson, Dickie, Atkinson, Wright, Jo Jo, George Baldock, Skarz etc etc, that was the standard in recent years and we’ve taken a step backwards, it’s really not hard to comprehend this, the team at radio Oxford agree to an extent.

I imagine that Moore will end up in the Championship.
I am really not sure where this sudden anti Moore feeling is coming from
Not bashing Moore but we’ve had better, stats don’t lie

Not bashing Moore, eh? The guy has played 90 plus minutes in virtually over League game in the past 18 months. A terrific example of skill and consistency. So we've had better (as both player and leader)? Perhaps you'd like to name a few from recent times.
Nelson, Dickie, Atkinson.

(I like Moore by the way and hope we keep him)

Back
Top Bottom