Current Player #4 Jordan Thorniley

Good signing, very happy with that.
Is that the sound of a cogent pre-season plan I hear?

welcome back Jordan Thoniley

.... will be a third signing before the weekend I wonder?

Great signing. Our season fell away last time he left, and gives us balance at the back… great age too… what a start to the transfer window!!!

Interesting that the behind the scenes video tweeted shows Thorniley measured at 1.865m, so over 6ft 1in, rather than the 1.8m listed online. In his first spell he did look a fair bit taller than 1.8m.

Any idea why?
I assume that these things get out within the football community, so I am not sure of the point?
It’s becoming the new “undisclosed fee”. In the same way that fees are basically never in the open anymore, it’ll eventually be the same for contract length. The top end clubs have started doing it more and more and that’s his background in terms of finance, so we’re adopting it early. It doesn’t do much besides keep more information private and away from plebs.

It’s not great from a fan perspective as eventually it’ll be tricky to know who is coming into the final 6/12 months of their deal.

It’s becoming the new “undisclosed fee”. In the same way that fees are basically never in the open anymore, it’ll eventually be the same for contract length. The top end clubs have started doing it more and more and that’s his background in terms of finance, so we’re adopting it early. It doesn’t do much besides keep more information private and away from plebs.

It’s not great from a fan perspective as eventually it’ll be tricky to know who is coming into the final 6/12 months of their deal.

Stevenage had a fail in this regard. New contracts and signings were announced along these lines then in a press release a few days later they mentioned the length of most of the contracts.

I think Wycombe have been doing it for a bit so it has already filtered down.

The only people it will keep on the dark is fans obviously, footballers agents will still tell every other club, so it seems a little pointless.

Back
Top Bottom