Current Player #4 Jordan Thorniley

The only people it will keep on the dark is fans obviously, footballers agents will still tell every other club, so it seems a little pointless.
It’s only about keeping fans in the dark. That is the point.

People could ask about this approach for themselves if there was a fans’ forum as promised, but there doesn’t appear to be one.

It’s only about keeping fans in the dark. That is the point.

People could ask about this approach for themselves if there was a fans’ forum as promised, but there doesn’t appear to be one.
Is it really to keep the fans in the dark? Isn't it more to damp down media stories and social media speculation about what will X do, he's only got six months on his contract? It won't stop the stories but they'll have to say ' .. is believed to have only six months on his contract'.

Is it really to keep the fans in the dark? Isn't it more to damp down media stories and social media speculation about what will X do, he's only got six months on his contract? It won't stop the stories but they'll have to say ' .. is believed to have only six months on his contract'.
Every single person ‘in the game’ knows everything about contracts, wages, budgets and anything else. Every agent, every journo even at local level - everybody.

It’s to keep fans in the dark so they don’t kick off.

I have to admit I wasn't as excited as some about signing Thorniley, I thought he was ok when he was with us before but no better. You don't like to chop and change a defence too much but if Manning wants a left footed centre back to play alongside Moore then I'd play Brown there.

Obviously he's no mug and he's been promoted out of this division, did Blackpool play a back 3? I think that would suit him more, I think in a 2 he an be a bit more exposed. When he was here first time he struggled a fair bit against a bigger forward and he's not very quick either. I think both Brown and Negru offer more as the left sided centre back.

Not sure too many thought Negru would be as impressive as he has been, or that Thorniley would be as off kilter as he has been.

Thorniley is a good player and will be back up to standard soon enough. And in the meantime we have cover.

What's nice about this team compared to other seasons is when you have a player like Thorniley who is doing it at the moment loss of form maybe.. we have a player who can come in and do a job to a high standard unlike before it would have been a player who can just do a job

He’s a class act.

Reminds me of Jake Wright.

Not the tallest (stop it…) but decent in the air, tidy on the ball, good positional sense.

He and Negru would be handy if Moore was ever unfit. We’ve got an embarrassment of riches at centre back this season.

He’s a class act.

Reminds me of Jake Wright.

Not the tallest (stop it…) but decent in the air, tidy on the ball, good positional sense.

He and Negru would be handy if Moore was ever unfit. We’ve got an embarrassment of riches at centre back this season.
Thorniley is 6’1” but is listed as 5’11”.

Wright is 5’11” but was listed as 6’1”.

IMG_4262.jpeg

Really good to see Thorniley trying to direct his defensive headers to a team mate, or to where the ball is least use to the opposition.

Back
Top Bottom