Away Match Day Thread +++ 30/12/2017 Bradford City v OUFC match day thread +++

Indeed, Mousinho had me worried whenever he was on the ball. Too much dicking about in defence on a clearly unreliable pitch - reminded me of Appleton's style early on before we had the players to get away with it. And how often did we pass the ball straight into touch?

Another who thinks everything is altright but we were s**t and you can’t say that, we may have been better than n the 2nd half but we were awful and if you cant see changes are needed otherwise we could be in a relegation fight sooner than you think. Another delusional person ffs get real.

Whatever Baz. We're 12th and we've been in the top half all season. We're in a bad patch at the moment: we weren't very good today but we aren't s**t (did you actually go?) and we're capable of decent football. We're not going to go up this season and we're not going to go down, which is about what you'd expect with our budget, our lack of luck with injuries and Appleton's less-than-ideal timing. Get a sense of perspective and try actually supporting your team. If you want to follow a side that outspends the opposition and wins all the time join the plastics at Man City.

Another who thinks everything is altright but we were s**t and you can’t say that, we may have been better than n the 2nd half but we were awful and if you cant see changes are needed otherwise we could be in a relegation fight sooner than you think. Another delusional person ffs get real.

good point bazzer,

Sorry bazzer were you at the game?

Whatever Baz. We're 12th and we've been in the top half all season. We're in a bad patch at the moment: we weren't very good today but we aren't s**t (did you actually go?) and we're capable of decent football. We're not going to go up this season and we're not going to go down, which is about what you'd expect with our budget, our lack of luck with injuries and Appleton's less-than-ideal timing. Get a sense of perspective and try actually supporting your team. If you want to follow a side that outspends the opposition and wins all the time join the plastics at Man City.
Oh I support the team have done for many years, and no u didn’t go today, but listened to the game from start to finish and unless radox aren’t commentating properly from what I heard we really struggled, but yes as you say we played better in the 2nd half but we lost
. The defence seemed at 6’s and 7’s midfield heard hardly anything from our midfield, Thomas was he there today, it sounded like Obika was having a reasonable game and yes he scored out 2nd but when you hear he has the ball in the Area but chooses not to shoot but the usual crap of trying to walk it in but to lose the ball again it’s frustrating. Now if you can’t see there are problems then your deluded, why was Payne not playing? Shame for Oxford’s Best player who could now be out until next season it does now mean Whoever is in charge and whoever the owner is has to look for quality younger players who will at least do something great or for the club.

Seems as if Pep is damned whatever he does; everyone seemed to be demanding two up top which would inevitably lead to Payne being dropped, but now he's done so he's being criticised. Payne was best player by a long way at the start of the season but his impact has been less recently as he's been man marked and made us predictable. Add to that he's apparently asked to leave then why should we play him?

Fair play Bazzer, to be honset we have a good team we just need to get everyone behind them and ignore all the s**t in the boardroom COYY

Seems as if Pep is damned whatever he does; everyone seemed to be demanding two up top which would inevitably lead to Payne being dropped, but now he's done so he's being criticised. Payne was best player by a long way at the start of the season but his impact has been less recently as he's been man marked and made us predictable. Add to that he's apparently asked to leave then why should we play him?

He should of gone 2 up front Payne behind to feed and 3 behind him and 4 at the back, if we had 2 decent wing backs we could have gone 5 -2-1-2

Thought it was a good open game of football. We were fortunate to still be in it at half time thanks to Eastwood, but equally could have easily nicked a point second half.
Would like to see Pep try a 4-4-2 diamond, similar to Bradford. We don't have the pace to play with out and our wingers and it would allow Payne to play with two up top.

Totally agree.

You really want us to struggle from hereonin so you can say ‘told you so’ don’t you Sean?

Bit sad.

Don’t comment on games I don’t attend but it sounded like they were hanging on at the end.

Yeah, I'd love that Tim, just why I support the club.

No, I'd just like Darryl to come out say what the hell is going on, and put some of that money into strengthening the team in early January e.g. not the end of January.

Last edited:
Fair play Bazzer, to be honset we have a good team we just need to get everyone behind them and ignore all the s**t in the boardroom COYY

I agree but unfortunately PEP is Out of his depth and unless we see 3/4/5 even in January with at least 3 of those young but quality permanent signings I just can’t see how we are going to do it, I’m not alone by any means in what I’m saying but express it more passionately than others I’ve seen the good the bad the great the mediocre the reasonable and the very bad at this club, we are at best mediocre and we may just may finish midtable, but the deafening silence from what we know can be a very vocal and well liked chairman his popularity is diminishing rapidly.

If you want to follow a side that outspends the opposition and wins all the time join the plastics at Man City.

Never support any other team apart from England. But to be fair to Man City they are getting around the ffp with their shirt sponsorship but with their attendances and other sponsorship of course theyre Making millions andnyes you’re correct a hell yes f a lot of plastic fans supporting the Manc clubs the scouse and various cockney clubs.
But a classic example of cheating to be in the premiership them look at Bournemouth biggest cheating club out and how they’re allowed to get away with having a ground with a capacity less than Oxford’s and thinking that when the premiership state that all grounds must be of a minimum of 20,000 I can appreciate maybe not the first season but surely by the 2nd season they should be in a position of acquiring a 20,000 or have planning permission, Bournemouth have neither.

Done!

When we score the first goal we have:
Won - 7
Drawn - 2
Lost - 0

When we concede first:
Won - 1
Draw - 5
Lost - 9

It would appear the first goal is crucial....we probably can’t afford ropey first 30mins!
Mmmm. Interesting. So, as an avid consumer (but not producer ?) of stats, I’d ask the following:

- is that (i.e. win/loss ratio following a first goal won/conceded) statistically any better or worse than others?

- and do we statistically concede first more often?

I agree but unfortunately PEP is Out of his depth and unless we see 3/4/5 even in January with at least 3 of those young but quality permanent signings I just can’t see how we are going to do it, I’m not alone by any means in what I’m saying but express it more passionately than others I’ve seen the good the bad the great the mediocre the reasonable and the very bad at this club, we are at best mediocre and we may just may finish midtable, but the deafening silence from what we know can be a very vocal and well liked chairman his popularity is diminishing rapidly.
You’re not alone Bazzer but you write really long posts with no punctuation which makes it really difficult for people to read and truly understand what the heck you are banging on about so there

You spend money in the new year if you are looking to get that extra push for promotion (we aren’t going up this season) or if there is a real talented player available now that you might miss out on in the summer (time will tell on that one). With that in mind I can just see a few new faces to freshen up the squad and players that the club identified a while ago who they want to bring in with a view to next season.

I was at the game (Jerome). They battered us first half and 3 or 4 nil at half time would have been fair enough. BUT second half was a decent game and performance. Bradford were hanging on at the end and although a point would have been a steal it nearly happened. I was a lot more annoyed post Rochdale where we got a point than today when we didn’t. Eastwood was outstanding again. No one else was but nor did anyone have a shocker.
Despite what one foaming at the mouth poster has spent the best part of 24 pages saying, we are not “f*****g s**t” - the radio commentary assures him he knows better than those who were there - and we will not even get close to getting relegated. We were playing a side who will finish top 3 or 4. Save the OTT hysteria for if we start losing to MK Dons or Blackpool.
Sorry if that’s “deluded”. (FFS).

I was at the game (Jerome). They battered us first half and 3 or 4 nil at half time would have been fair enough. BUT second half was a decent game and performance. Bradford were hanging on at the end and although a point would have been a steal it nearly happened. I was a lot more annoyed post Rochdale where we got a point than today when we didn’t. Eastwood was outstanding again. No one else was but nor did anyone have a shocker.
Despite what one foaming at the mouth poster has spent the best part of 24 pages saying, we are not “f*****g s**t” - the radio commentary assures him he knows better than those who were there - and we will not even get close to getting relegated. We were playing a side who will finish top 3 or 4. Save the OTT hysteria for if we start losing to MK Dons or Blackpool.
Sorry if that’s “deluded”. (FFS).

At last some reasonable replies in a sea of doom............... from people who were there...... and not just chuntering negativity on a minority forum.

You spend money in the new year if you are looking to get that extra push for promotion (we aren’t going up this season) or if there is a real talented player available now that you might miss out on in the summer (time will tell on that one). With that in mind I can just see a few new faces to freshen up the squad and players that the club identified a while ago who they want to bring in with a view to next season.

The concern there is whether Pep will listen to what the scouts are offering. He did nothing of the sort in the summer and brought in his familiar faces that he managed in Sweden three years ago.

Will he accept that he needs some players that are readily suited to English football or source some more exotic Europeans that he is already mates with? After the disaster of his summer recruitment drive I’m not confident.

Back
Top Bottom