Away Match Day Thread +++ 16/12/2017 Rochdale v OUFC match day thread +++

Another pont towards safety.

Talk of play-offs is very optimistic in my view, would love to be proved wrong though.

So you decided to go on the lash with your mates in London rather than go and watch a 0-0 draw in a freezing Lancashire mill town? I just don’t get some people...?

I know I should be ashamed of myself :eek:

It seems as if most of you didn't go?

It was a boring and insipid performance against a side who are deservedly in the bottom four. I have absolutely had it with our ineffective one up front system. Also we appeared to be playing for the point near the end................against f*****g Rochdale!

I went to the same game last year and we destroyed them 4-0. In my opinion we have gone backwards massively, and do not appear to be improving. A waste of an afternoon and I feel short changed by that performance.

It seems as if most of you didn't go?

It was a boring and insipid performance against a side who are deservedly in the bottom four. I have absolutely had it with our ineffective one up front system. Also we appeared to be playing for the point near the end................against f*****g Rochdale!

I went to the same game last year and we destroyed them 4-0. In my opinion we have gone backwards massively, and do not appear to be improving. A waste of an afternoon and I feel short changed by that performance.
I have to say that it did not come across as particularly inspiring on Radox so to read your comments is adding to the concern that we are lacking, as a team, in that "edge" required to make the difference.
Cue all those "glass half full" types to inform me of the points and position in the league. Sometimes it's difficult to smell the coffee.

Ifollow should at least carry on until radox starts again
yes it's very annoying..I've messaged ifollow about it and they took it onboard for half times and midweek some times but still hit and miss..it was one thing yellowplayer got right.

First time I have seen us this season and blimey it was like being back in the days of midtable league two finishes.
Pitch was poor. Bobbly, cut up and lots of divets and that was before kickoff.

Our passing all game was so so poor and from all over the pitch, we gave it away in our box, on the centre circle, in the attacking third, everywhere!

I had heard about Pep's love for narrow fullbacks but hadnt realised quite how much. It played right into Rochdale's hands for long diagonal balls.
To be fair to the back four, they dealt with everything in the main, not prettily or without panic but did the job. Eastwood pulled off 4/5 top saves.

New player wise -
Tiendalli was good defensively but the worst on the pitch for passing.
Williamson and Mous has a battle against two lumps up top but managed it.
Not sure what Mowatt offers or what he is supposed to be. A freezing cold December game away in rochdale probably isn't the best to be judged on but Xemi was poor.
Henry strayed from looking completely disinterested to a flash of good play back to poor again.

Wes put a good shift in but was fighting a losing battle being on his own. Seems like we don't have an alternative option to change to in a game.

On paper a good point.
But performance wise, "good" doesn't feature. Eastwood got us a point.

The Sky Sports highlights consists of seven (?) great saves by Eastwood and one very tame shot by United. Says it all really.

Ledson has to have a good look at himself - he’s lost his place to Xemi, who to me , has hardly anything
in his game worth writing about. At this rate we’ll all be bored stupid as we scramble to amass
50 pts. Wigan May wipe the floor with us next week.

Never comment on games I don’t watch and yet.., we’ve let in 1 goal in three games and notched 5 points. We have had a horrendous injury list to boot.

I really don’t think the situation is as bleak as painted.

We are 8th - halfway through the season.

COYY.

I didnt go to the game, but totally agree with the comment earlier in the thread that we have gone backwards by a massive amount both on and off the pitch. The team we had last year and even in our promotion season was far superior to our current team. Yes we are only 4 points off the play offs but lets be honest we are a bang average side at the moment. Teams have worked us out by putting a man on Payne it stops us from playing. Why does Pep persist with the 1 up front formation? Thomas is so isolated. Hopefully Eales gives Pep some funds to strengthen the side in Jan.

I saw this comment made elsewhere but it is pertinent. A few weeks ago (such as Blackburn) we were all complaining about how many goals we were conceding. Now we're complaining that we are keeping clean sheets and keeping it tight. Somewhere in the middle, there is joy, right?

I didnt go to the game, but totally agree with the comment earlier in the thread that we have gone backwards by a massive amount both on and off the pitch. The team we had last year and even in our promotion season was far superior to our current team. Yes we are only 4 points off the play offs but lets be honest we are a bang average side at the moment. Teams have worked us out by putting a man on Payne it stops us from playing. Why does Pep persist with the 1 up front formation? Thomas is so isolated. Hopefully Eales gives Pep some funds to strengthen the side in Jan.

Love it, Love it. My go.
What did the big candle say to the little candle???? Are you going out tonight.

Yes, we are already being given the 'Ivo and Agon will be back, that's like having two new players' line. And it's true of course. Whether they are the players we actually need, who knows? And will GVK be staying past January?

Back
Top Bottom