Away Match Day Thread +++ 30/12/2017 Bradford City v OUFC match day thread +++

It sounds to me like Pep has been listening to the criticism and decided to say that it wasn't good enough.

I know he's Spanish but he does sound out of his depth. If that is how he communicates with the players in training, no wonder they're not grasping the basics of defending.
The fact that he's Spanish is totally irrelevant and very close to racist. You need to look at your post and decide if you're commenting on his skills or his nationality

Well, my pa is there...usually a half-decent performance when he's watching.

My dad's verdict:

Thank god for Eastwood. Could have been 8-3 at half time ?. Scored good early 2nd half goal then played like novices til 3-1 down,then could have won it!! Frozen but good away support.

Tried to pass the ball too much from deep positions just like at Wembley. Good touches but not direct or quick enough in attack

The fact that he's Spanish is totally irrelevant and very close to racist. You need to look at your post and decide if you're commenting on his skills or his nationality
Nope not racist at all. In his radio interviews he speaks such garbage it is hard to understand the point that he is trying to make. Quite often he flits from one subject to another without reason. Sometimes I get the feeling he doesn't quite understand what he is saying himself.

I don't see it as a racist comment, more a communication problem what with Spanish being his (Peps) first language, some can spot perceived racism in a jar of pickles..

You lot don't half over-react.
On transfer deadline day we'll sign a 33yr old RB from the dutch 3rd division, a teen loanee from Leeds and a speed demon from Stenhousemuir, then we'll rip this division apart.

Keep the faith. COYY!

And errm, you are here for what reason?

ST holder for 35 or so years so I`ve seen some real shite. Most of this lot don`t seem to comprehend that there will be good runs & bad and, until we have some consistency, whatever happens upstairs will make not a jot of difference.
I see this place as the empty vessel making much noise.....

I think we’re averaging 0.9pts per game over the last 10

Repeat in the remaining games and we get 51 points.

In other words, we’re in trouble because that’s way too close to be complacent

First thing I’d do in January is shell out the cash and get one quality central defender in, get rid of Williamson and Martin, drop Mousinio to the bench, hopefully get Raglin back in plus get a decent right back, maybe Holmes - Dennis and a decent striker, sell Hemmings, maybe recall Roberts, give him a chance even as back up and if he doesn’t cut it then move him on in the summer.

ST holder for 35 or so years so I`ve seen some real shite. Most of this lot don`t seem to comprehend that there will be good runs & bad and, until we have some consistency, whatever happens upstairs will make not a jot of difference.
In that case, the way we're going will mean the 'noise' generated in the 'empty vessel' that will be the Grenoble road ground will be thunderous.

Eastwood - 9, and that's being harsh. Showed his class today, distribution was good too.
Ricardinho - 6, becoming a theme to see him targeted in the air, might have been his man for the 3rd?
Martin - 6, always a worry to see him start but looked solid
Mous - 6, composed but vulnerable from crosses, think he will be disappointed about the 3rd
Carroll - 7, unlucky to pick up a harsh booking early on, good header. Few poor moments but would have him starting still
Ledson - 5, didn't do much good or bad. His pressing looks good but often leaves us vunerable
Ruffels - 5, like Ledson didn't do much, but poor for the 2nd.
Gino - 7, looked like a different player, put a real shift in, tracked back and threw his weight around.
Rothwell - 5, obviously didn't do much, hope he's back soon.
Thomas - 4, off the pace, missed a couple of decent chances and a sitter. Looked lazy
Obika - 7, sharp with some nice touches. Deserved his goal.
Henry - 5, offered little, beat too easily for the 3rd and struggled to track their LB (who looked v.good to be fair). Assisted?
Payne - 5, looked lively and offered a different option but couldn't make an impact.
Mehemti - 4, might be harah but only really gave the ball away on his return.

Attack let Eastwood down today, kept us in it and could have taken a point away thanks to him. Looked like we went direct more often with Obika up top and I think we looked dangerous attacking, just a shame they looked like scoring every time they went forward. Could we use 2 up top vs lower teams and stay with 1 ST vs better teams? I think if we play like that every week we'll be okay against most teams.

Pep seems to be changing, playing two up top, left men up from corners and criticised post match. It woułd have been a great result to take even a point today, I'll be judging by our results in the next two. Credit to crowd, noisy and positive throughout and after.

If you’ve been a ST HOLDER FROM R 35 years and I’ve been supporting for 49 years an St holder for not as many due to being away with work in the latter part of the 70’s and early 80’s then surely you can understand my beef criticising me for being honest and you not t likening criticism of yourself, think you need a reality check and understand that on this thread today is a lot of criticism in various forms. You are entitled to your opinion and so are we.

First thing I’d do in January is shell out the cash and get one quality central defender in, get rid of Williamson and Martin, drop Mousinio to the bench, hopefully get Raglin back in plus get a decent right back, maybe Holmes - Dennis and a decent striker, sell Hemmings, maybe recall Roberts, give him a chance even as back up and if he doesn’t cut it then move him on in the summer.

Fare assessment but I think Roberts time is up with Oxford can’t see Holmes Dennis coming here though

I don't see it as a racist comment, more a communication problem what with Spanish being his (Peps) first language, some can spot perceived racism in a jar of pickles..
And some couldn't spot racism (however casual) from stupidity. Both you, and the original poster, fail to remember that Pep does have 'native speaking' folk around him, like Faz for example. The idea that his language is some kind of 'communication problem' is stupid beyond belief. Think about Pelligrini, Conte, Pochettino, to name a few, who really did struggle with the language, I don't think that their teams didn't get the message though.
Don't get me wrong, I am not convinced that Pep is a good manager, but that has sod all to do with his nationality.

@Mellowyellow and what genius "instant fix" have you got? I don`t play the game,manage the team or own the club.....at a guess neither do you..... so rattling your gums on a small desert island of a forum will achieve precisely nothing.

As your posts read you wish people to stop venting their opinions of the horrendous state our club is in, and the decline in playing standards, silence from the chairman, signing of journeymen crocks (I could go on but its New Years Day soon).

Well tough sh*te sherlock, we are the paying public, and if nothing is said/opinions given the status quo remains the same, and clotet will continue to run down this great club.

Using your well thought through theory then, as you put it...."rattling your gums on a small desert island of a forum will achieve precisely nothing." RUBBISH!
By people giving their opinions in all forms:
- We stopped Maxwell merging us with Reading, forming Thames Valley Royals.
- Kassam, in the end got the message and sold the club.

He's simply commenting on the rubbish he puts out in his post match interviews. He could be intermingling English with Serbo-Croat, if he isn't making himself clear to the press or players, where ever he is from, the club should have a translator.

Clearly see yourself as the chosen one, passing judgement on every other poster, as you have been a s/t holder for 35 years. We bow to your superior knowledge.

I think we’re averaging 0.9pts per game over the last 10

Repeat in the remaining games and we get 51 points.

In other words, we’re in trouble because that’s way too close to be complacent
The difference between us and Bury.....
OUFC shots this season 282, On target 123, Converted 36. Conceded 35
Bury shots this season 287, On target 111, Converted 19. Conceded 35

Clearly see yourself as the chosen one, passing judgement on every other poster, as you have been a s/t holder for 35 years. We bow to your superior knowledge.

So Sherlock what is your "instant fix" apart from sacking the manager, changing the owner and spending money we haven`t got?

Eastwood - 9, and that's being harsh. Showed his class today, distribution was good too.
Ricardinho - 6, becoming a theme to see him targeted in the air, might have been his man for the 3rd?
Martin - 6, always a worry to see him start but looked solid
Mous - 6, composed but vulnerable from crosses, think he will be disappointed about the 3rd
Carroll - 7, unlucky to pick up a harsh booking early on, good header. Few poor moments but would have him starting still
Ledson - 5, didn't do much good or bad. His pressing looks good but often leaves us vunerable
Ruffels - 5, like Ledson didn't do much, but poor for the 2nd.
Gino - 7, looked like a different player, put a real shift in, tracked back and threw his weight around.
Rothwell - 5, obviously didn't do much, hope he's back soon.
Thomas - 4, off the pace, missed a couple of decent chances and a sitter. Looked lazy
Obika - 7, sharp with some nice touches. Deserved his goal.
Henry - 5, offered little, beat too easily for the 3rd and struggled to track their LB (who looked v.good to be fair). Assisted?
Payne - 5, looked lively and offered a different option but couldn't make an impact.
Mehemti - 4, might be harah but only really gave the ball away on his return.

Attack let Eastwood down today, kept us in it and could have taken a point away thanks to him. Looked like we went direct more often with Obika up top and I think we looked dangerous attacking, just a shame they looked like scoring every time they went forward. Could we use 2 up top vs lower teams and stay with 1 ST vs better teams? I think if we play like that every week we'll be okay against most teams.

Pep seems to be changing, playing two up top, left men up from corners and criticised post match. It woułd have been a great result to take even a point today, I'll be judging by our results in the next two. Credit to crowd, noisy and positive throughout and after.

Pretty much spot on with you ratings I think.

Could Eastwood have done better with the first? He palms it straight out into he danger. I'm probably being too harsh, especially considering that without him it could have been 7.

Not sure Carroll was a 7 either. Their left back had him on toast whenever he ran at him.

Henry was worse than a 5 for me as well. Offered nothing going forward and again the LB skinned him several times, one leading to the third goal.

Back
Top Bottom