Away Match Day Thread +++ 30/11/2019 FA Cup 2nd round Walsall V OUFC +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
On coach on way home bloody freezing now like the bloody Sahara in the coach.
Today’s game wasn’t special in the terms of performance. The way Walsall defended I thought I must have missed them scoring in the first 30 seconds, they defended all the time and when they got a chance we defended but at least when we tried we played but we did a lot of passing left and right, right and left along the back, I was worried that they would nick a pass and go on and score, but we got away with it. So back to trying to play but they just defended for dear life.
The ref was not retry poor felt the tackle on Fosu by Cockerell- Mollet deserves a red but red felt yellow would suffice.
Afoul by Matt Saddler warranted a yellow but red said no then books Hall for a less than conspicuous foul......Bloody refs.
Then we Score assist by Matty Taylor and James Henry nips in and scores into the bottom left corner.
Then yes Walsall started to attack left themselves open but it wasn’t to be imagine if we had scored early I think we would have been more comfortable winners.

but into the hat never know we may get a home draw......nah doubt it.

well done Oxford COYY

Late to the party here.

Well done, boys. Keeps the run going and we’re in the hat.

With potentially a hell of a lot of football to play coming up (being in the League Cup still for example), I’m tempted for the big pay day in the third round now - a Man United or Liverpool for example. Nevertheless, we’ll get who we get.

I won’t be disappointed with AFC Fylde to be honest!

Late to the party here.

Well done, boys. Keeps the run going and we’re in the hat.

With potentially a hell of a lot of football to play coming up (being in the League Cup still for example), I’m tempted for the big pay day in the third round now - a Man United or Liverpool for example. Nevertheless, we’ll get who we get.

I won’t be disappointed with AFC Fylde to be honest!
As long as its automatic promotion and not the play offs then just the three Wembley visits will be fine this season.

Home. Through against dogged opponents. Not sure what the referee has rated as, but I thought he was okay.

If we could shoot and cross better today, we'd have won comfortably.

James Clarke was fortunate not to find himself in the book today.

Were Walsall fans boycotting today's game? It was sparse to say the least.

If we could shoot and cross better today, we'd have won comfortably.

James Clarke was fortunate not to find himself in the book today.

Were Walsall fans boycotting today's game? It was sparse to say the least.

He’s an Oxford reject thug.

Eastwood 7 - Flawless in freezing conditions, hope injury isn't serious
Cadden 7 - Involved in most attacks like usual, crossing wasn't at his best but still had a good game + got the assist
Dickie 8 - Got himself a silly booking but was great besides that, so good at bringing ball out of defence
Mous 8 - Seems to be much better in the air than ever before, led by example as usual.
Ruffels 7 - Didn't put a foot wrong defensively, shame he missed a sitter on his 200th start
Gorrin 8 - Passing was exemplary, long and short, always available and defensively solid
Forde 6 - Didn't do much right or wrong, but thought he played it too safe and slowed our attacks down mostly
Henry 8 - Great link up with Cadden throughout and top finish.
Sykes 6 - Didn't think he got into the game that much despite a lot of play down his side
Taylor 6 - Missed a couple of good chances unusually but did well for the goal
Fosu 7 - Quite quiet in the attacking sense, drifted about a lot and had a few awful shots but worked so hard coming back

Side note - does anyone know how many passes there were in the build up to our goal? Seemed to have it for at least 2 minutes around their box before scoring

Great result today - keep the run going, and avoid the replay!

As to the next round? I'm not greedy - I'll be happy if we just win the League Cup this season......could do without the fixture congestion of two Wembley runs (Tinpot trophy we can do without full stop).

So let's have our big payday in Round 3. At Old Trafford should do it.....they're always on TV, and should be a hefty crowd - with the only danger being that we might beat them there in their current state.

Eastwood 7 - Flawless in freezing conditions, hope injury isn't serious
Cadden 7 - Involved in most attacks like usual, crossing wasn't at his best but still had a good game + got the assist
Dickie 8 - Got himself a silly booking but was great besides that, so good at bringing ball out of defence
Mous 8 - Seems to be much better in the air than ever before, led by example as usual.
Ruffels 7 - Didn't put a foot wrong defensively, shame he missed a sitter on his 200th start
Gorrin 8 - Passing was exemplary, long and short, always available and defensively solid
Forde 6 - Didn't do much right or wrong, but thought he played it too safe and slowed our attacks down mostly
Henry 8 - Great link up with Cadden throughout and top finish.
Sykes 6 - Didn't think he got into the game that much despite a lot of play down his side
Taylor 6 - Missed a couple of good chances unusually but did well for the goal
Fosu 7 - Quite quiet in the attacking sense, drifted about a lot and had a few awful shots but worked so hard coming back

Side note - does anyone know how many passes there were in the build up to our goal? Seemed to have it for at least 2 minutes around their box before scoring

I'd only give Fosu a 6 as he was a bit selfish at times with his shots when others were in better positions.

Spurs away cos of the new ground,Manure away cos of the ££££ and they aint great,Liverpool as i'd have a weekend away.....southampton as we would take loads would be a great P**s up and they are definately beatable.....lots of juicey draws but we will prob get some s**t at the back of beyond and
make no £££££ or man feckin city :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom