Home Match Day Thread 30/01/2024 L1: OUFC v Portsmouth

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Much better today. What a surprise that a bit of pace in Burey changes things completely, without pace or a target man up top there's absolutely no outlet so it was good to see both of them, GO'D was decent when he came on as well. Burey looks to be lightening quick.

We still desperately need some more players, that's two home games in a row we've lost two in the first half. Sounds like Owen Dale is one of them which is another winger, I'd absolutely love a midfielder but doesn't seem on the agenda.

Goodrham was very good today and is quite the finisher around the box, he should be playing regularly as he's one of our most reliable goalscorers. Harris had another good game, some good running and link up play and did brilliantly for the equaliser. I know he was playing out of position but thought Smyth was really poor, so much came down his side and often off the back of him giving it away.

Thought Pompey were decent on the ball but dodgy at the back. They've got injuries but can't see them going up automatically, think they're a way behind Peterborough and Bolton.

Hopefully a couple more in before the weekend and we can take Reading to the cleaners. Looking at out bench is still pretty grim, despite Henry and GO'D''s performances today.

Owen Dale played for pompey which DB mentioned some players watch games of old clubs.

Yeah, but do you watch in the other team's directors' box, whilst sat next to their Head of Recruitment?
(which super-sleuth Common Villager captured on camera on the transfer thread)

Whilst your own current club is playing a tinpot trophy game (which you've been playing in all year) 200+ miles away?

Portsmouth are clearly out of form as are we, and at times that would've been embarrassing at Sunday league standard!

Not sure I care right now. We got a hard earned point and we probably deserved more.

And Drysdale is a proper chocolate teapot of a ref. f*****g useless.
I think relief at not losing means people are getting a bit carried away with the performance. Portsmouth were nowhere near their best and missing a key right back but were still unlucky not to have won - the stats are a bit embarrassing like possession 35-65 in a home game.

I think relief at not losing means people are getting a bit carried away with the performance. Portsmouth were nowhere near their best and missing a key right back but were still unlucky not to have won - the stats are a bit embarrassing like possession 35-65 in a home game.

I think you're really disappointed that we drew that game. Pooor little Portsmouth were missing a right back were they? and they were only top of the league

You don't accept that Oxford have problems with injuries- why do you want us t have sympathy for them?

I would be pissed if I was a pompey fan for a number of reasons. I think we come away the happiest, not because we didn't lose but because it wasn't a total lacklustre performance.

Agree Smyth was poor, especially as the second half wore on. Kept seeming to win the ball, but a heavy touch giving it straight to their player. A lot of their attacking play came down that side.

To be honest how the f***k are Pompey top..
Agree, but they seem to find a way to stay in a game, manage a game (drink breaks!) and tend to get winners late on in the game based on their season so far, so good it was us that got it.

They look no shakes though and felt if we’d gone at them like we did in the last 10/15mins prior to them going 2-1 up, then I think we would have won.

They do seem to be on a bit of a wobble at the moment, and apparently only picking up one point more than us over the last 7 games, so I guess it’s why it ended up a draw!!

And before the match I was wistful for Mousinho, but really not so sure after watching that. A lot of just whacking it forward in the air, trying to win set pieces, etc. Unless they were just targeting our lack of height?

Agree Smyth was poor, especially as the second half wore on. Kept seeming to win the ball, but a heavy touch giving it straight to their player. A lot of their attacking play came down that side.
Yeah, just seemed complacent/lackidiscal. Should have been more decisive, and if there’s nothing on put the ball in behind their defence rather than giving it away in dangerous areas.

Haven’t read all the whinging, I thought that was a great game and there was nothing wrong with our setup or spirit. A decent point when we’re so depleted, just annoying we couldn’t have signed someone like Calum Laing in time to play. Anyone local who couldn’t be bothered to go, you missed a good time!

Back
Top Bottom