Home Match Day Thread 30/01/2024 L1: OUFC v Portsmouth

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know too much about most of the players on Pompey's bench either, but Callum Lang rather makes up for that.

I'm optimistic for this one - think we will get at least a point and hopeful for all 3. In the same way that we always fare badly against Bristol Rovers, we always seem to outperform against Pompey.

No great surge in ticket sales today - 270 sold since this time yesterday. We are currently at just over 7,100 home seat sales, so add in boxes and Pompey and we are at about 8,800 overall.

That crowd is almost unthinkably low compared to what we would have anticipated in early December

The exact XI I would have picked, obviously not strong on the bench, but we give ourselves the best chance of taking the lead and have defenders on the bench to try and see out the game.

He has also worked at Stoke and even so, he will have plenty of contacts within the game, including England. Very naive to think otherwise.

Also very naive to think itโ€™s all done on managers contacts these days. Itโ€™s no longer the days of Redknapp, Big Sam etc signing players they sign everywhere.

Proper clubs operate with a DoF working with a head coach & a head of recruitment & his scouts.

Itโ€™s something we massively lack.

A lot of Pompeys good work have been done by Richard Hughes.

We require a DoF.

I cannot think of oxford v Portsmouth without thinking of that 4-0 opening day tonking we gave them that year. Really thought we would struggle and it felt like.nobody had seen it coming.

Praying for some of that spirit tonight

Pedant alert......was actually 4-1. They scored first and their full house crowd got even more cocky, before Alfie and Smalley (!) tore them to shreds.

Agree that Des has picked the right side. But we simply have to score first to get anything tonight. We've plenty to bring on if we want to kill the game, but absolutely noone on the bench to help us if we're chasing.......

I cannot think of oxford v Portsmouth without thinking of that 4-0 opening day tonking we gave them that year. Really thought we would struggle and it felt like.nobody had seen it coming.

Praying for some of that spirit tonight
Up there with Brighton away and Leeds away

Don't know what will happen tonight. Hope for a good match and a fighting team performance.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Back
Top Bottom