Home Match Day Thread +++ 29/02/20 OUFC V Southend Utd +++

February has been a magnificent effort from all concerned.

That's 16 points from 8 league games in February. 2 points per game is remarkable at any stage of the season, but after such a difficult period and with the large number of games being played, we have come through this month in a great position. Maintain anything like this and you would think that playoffs could be the minimum we are looking at.

Agyei really gives us a different dimension when he comes on, he’s a great option to have off the bench. And I think Browne’s role in the goal is going massively overlooked - for all the criticisms of him being a selfish player etc, he sprinted f*****g half the pitch to win that ball back after he’d lost it, before then putting in the ball that won us the game. Unreal.

That said, you can’t overlook how generally poor this performance was. Against a better team, that didn’t tire in the final 20, we would have been badly found out. I only hope it’s a result of the extraordinary number of games we’ve played this month finally taking its toll rather than the squad being distracted by the midweek shenanigans.

Autos deceptively far off I think given Pompey and Cov’s games in hand ... but why not??

We were poor for large parts, slow to react, slow to pass and slow in the head. Browne was good and bad today, some excellent stuff, but then some bits where he needed to lay the ball off and take what was there.

Southend were ok, but as I suspected, they tired at the end and showed why they are where they are in the league. They couldn't put chances away. Won't miss that tuneless twonk on the drum when they got into L2.

Great finish from Taylor - that is why you pay up for 20 goal a season striker Agyei needs to do something more than shoot when he cuts in from the right. He doesn't hit the target and its wasted possession. KR must have been glad when we scored, the Long change was fortunate.

A good Feb, a good 3 points and we move on with a week off. The players deserve credit for staying strong and fit, and the staff too for getting them through that horror month

A really tough watch today in difficult conditions.
Credit to Southend in the first half, they outfought us every step of the way. If I was a Southend fan though, I’d be disappointed, if they’d shown more desire to win than get a point through time wasting they could have got something out of that game.
Good teams win when they play poorly, and that was certainly us today.

Not sure hes going to accept 51p and a curly wurly....

I thought we’d at least throw in a double decker!

Just saying we should put the £500k! towards his salary. He’ll go where the money is, especially if it’s local to here.

ER9LtqNWoAISLqh

Agyei really gives us a different dimension when he comes on, he’s a great option to have off the bench. And I think Browne’s role in the goal is going massively overlooked - for all the criticisms of him being a selfish player etc, he sprinted f*****g half the pitch to win that ball back after he’d lost it, before then putting in the ball that won us the game. Unreal.

That said, you can’t overlook how generally poor this performance was. Against a better team, that didn’t tire in the final 20, we would have been badly found out. I only hope it’s a result of the extraordinary number of games we’ve played this month finally taking its toll rather than the squad being distracted by the midweek shenanigans.

Autos deceptively far off I think given Pompey and Cov’s games in hand ... but why not??

I think today’s performance was all about being fatigued with all the fixtures.

A superb win in the circumstances and it says a lot about us as a team going into the final throws of the season.

Well earned 3 days off out of the next 4 to recharge those batterie.

Back
Top Bottom