Away Match Day Thread 27/04/2024: L1 - Exeter City v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What a day! Poor Mrs L was really unwell this morning and despite all efforts couldn't make the game. Sent me on my lonesome, she is a star. She sent text messages throughout but admitted she shed tears at not being there to see for herself. She is feeling a little better now and doesn't want to miss out on a celebratory glass of fizz.
We'll still be in Topsham tomorrow morning so we'll book our tickets before heading back. I wonder if Peterborough will give us that whole end again for the reverse fixture? Would be good. (and if they can get the tickets to work properly!)
The dream is, of course, another Wembley trip but this time, to win!
Was it that poached pollock?

What a day! Poor Mrs L was really unwell this morning and despite all efforts couldn't make the game. Sent me on my lonesome, she is a star. She sent text messages throughout but admitted she shed tears at not being there to see for herself. She is feeling a little better now and doesn't want to miss out on a celebratory glass of fizz.
We'll still be in Topsham tomorrow morning so we'll book our tickets before heading back. I wonder if Peterborough will give us that whole end again for the reverse fixture? Would be good. (and if they can get the tickets to work properly!)
Not sure about that, Ferguson wasn't happy that they gave Pompey 4k last month.

Mrs L is a keeper

Arg. I've messed up. I've got membership but I never got one for my daughter. I assumed wrongly that as a member you could buy a plus one to matches like the play offs. And I cant buy her membership now.

I cant just go myself and not bring her along. Bah. Any ideas? I presume it might sell out ahead of genera release.
Iโ€™ve got two STs next to each other in the east stand and wonโ€™t be able to go to the home leg. Would be happy to sort you out, drop me a DM.

Thatโ€™s really kind but Iโ€™m all sorted now. The club reopened membership and after me faffing about and being thick I got it sorted. Thanks though!
I've got the same issue with my dad, who's not a member. I get why they do it like that, but it's annoying that for the most important games you can't actually sit with your nearest and dearest!!

If we get to the Championship it will be more and more like this.
Home games constantly sold out and away games ST holders only
True, albeit I might be more tempted to take on the season ticket if we do make it. Tricky for (kind of) exiles like me though. A good problem to have I suppose.

The crying on Lincoln's forum about Pompey's 'game management' and Mous is fantastic. I can only assume they have memories like Goldfish considering their 'game management' vs us as well as the penalty. All teams do it, including us but apparently Pompey shouldn't have done it today as they had nothing riding on the game. And Mous is horrid as they only did it because he is ex-Oxford, of course, ignoring they did it to us and I'd imagine most teams in L1.

I woke up in a reflective mood. Why on earth did Exeter, Northampton and Pompey try to so hard.
Towards the end of our game, when the Grecian keeper was bringing the ball out of the box and waving the full backs forward I was yelling โ€œwhy are you trying so hard? Just let us winโ€. But, to progress we needed other teams to do the same. And they did.
I think it basically means weโ€™ve got a really healthy competitive culture in the league such that no one wants to roll over. The whole promotion/relegation aspect of the league is a massive bonus to the excitement of football in Britain.
Being in a country where none of the major sports have it, it really reduces the depth of the experience of being a supporter.

really... hadn't noticed....;)

With a pinch of Buckingham brilliance too, of course...

COYY- this season and next!

Letโ€™s also not forget Liam Manning set us on our way this season, with that terrific start, surely he deserves a bit of credit too?

Back
Top Bottom