Home Match Day Thread +++ 27/04/2019 OUFC v Doncaster Rovers Match Day Thread +++

Thought Hanson was f****** marvellous today, hope he can keep that up for all of next season was Lundstrum esque at times. Him and Kashi as DM ops with Mous to cover a number of positions is perfect.

I thought for the 2nd goal, Whyte's lack of tracking back really opened us up. I very much appreciate his big efforts going forward before, but he really didn't do a whole lot to help Sam Long out and it left us open.

The board will hopefully have seen the potential of the club today vs the anonymous cheque signing they've had to do to clean up various messes.

I thought for the 2nd goal, Whyte's lack of tracking back really opened us up. I very much appreciate his big efforts going forward before, but he really didn't do a whole lot to help Sam Long out and it left us open.

The board will hopefully have seen the potential of the club today vs the anonymous cheque signing they've had to do to clean up various messes.

Although zonally that should normally be Whyte's area to track back and help, from memory he was the furthest man forward on the pitch after an attack broke down, so you should be looking to the likes of Henry to get back to help and defend in that situation, more than Whyte.

That was no handball by Henry. We should have blown them away In any event though.

Doncaster a curate’s egg. I’d love to have Marquis here; he’s strong and mobile while Wilks is distinctly useful. Their centre backs had the pace of a pair of maiden aunts though. If they are the sixth best team in the league though things look good for us for next season.

I g a got feeling that was a goodbye wave from Whyte. Hope I’m wrong.

Thought the directors footling onto the pitch post match was distinctly odd. The crowd did not er ... raise the roof.

Anyway we haven’t had such an entertaining end to the season for years. Brilliant stuff on pitch.

Someone with about 3 million may enquire about Whyte but if less they can fook off

Thought Hanson was f****** marvellous today, hope he can keep that up for all of next season was Lundstrum esque at times. Him and Kashi as DM ops with Mous to cover a number of positions is perfect.
Add Brannagan, Henry, Sykes and Baptiste to the mix and, even if Kashi doesn’t re-sign, the midfield is one area at least that we don’t have to worry about rebuilding in the summer.

Looked a completely different midfield player to the Hanson that started the season in midfield last August.
He’s no fullback in my view.

He and Brannagan were different class at Shrewsbury after their half time introduction.

Brannagan looks a top quality midfielder now after a difficult start. 50 games under his belt for us this season
and our midfield options look strong with Baptiste to come back in. Kashi could also be an option.

Browne was everything you want in a wide player - power , pace, strength , plenty of attacking threat and a goal.
He has everything in his locker and he is only 21.

Would be great to tie him up permanently when his contract expires on a May 31st at West Ham.

Another really entertaining home game. Robbo has to get another season. I think he's proven himself where he's gone beyond what could be expected of him. I don't like everything about him, the touchline theatrics are cringeworthy but you can't knock the blokes passion, his work rate, that he wants to give the kids a chance and that he always tries to play attacking football. I'd be very happy to watch his team next season if they play the kind of football we have over the last few months.

I also thought the board of directors on the pitch was weird. Really weird. It was almost like they were trying to say 'look we're here and we actually exist'.

Does anyone have any video footage of our two disallowed goals from yesterday?

They have to simply beat Scunny at home to stay up.
But their recent record is awful.
I get why the Plymouth supporters want Adam's out but that would be a huge call with just one game left.
Only if Southend don’t beat Sunderland (unlikely I know) or Wimbledon lose to Bradford

Back
Top Bottom