Away Match Day Thread 27/01/2024 L1: Bristol Rovers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hopefully just a one-off but if Eastwood had put in the performance Cumming did today he'd have been getting absolute pelters on here.
Thought Cummings looked dodgy as fook against Barnsley as well but gave him the benefit of doubt due to the wind. He basically gave the game to rovers today

I thought Cummings was poor against Barnsley, poor again today and had an easy day against bottom placed Carlisle, looks a long way behind a five year younger Beadle.

I'm so fed up of the stagnation and lack of fun and enjoyment supporting OUFC over the last few years.

Did Manning leave because he thought we were a castle built on sand? Do Tim Williams and Ferguson cut the mustard? Will Des ever be good enough? Will atmospheres just keep getting worse?

Maybe but people are making it sound like we are having to put unknowns in. The pedigree of every single player who started today - and came on - was good enough to get some sort of result today. Every club up there is currently nursing a number of injuries. They cope, we don’t.
Agreed - we're only a few players different in the starting line-up versus the team which Manning played in the first few games of the season. Two of those that played then were Long and Bodin, and I'm not sure most see them as the crucial elements we lack. Beadle is a big miss, I admit.

How was "no one poor"? Grow some RO! Sounds like Kuenssberg interviewing a Tory MP

• React
Reactions: QR
DB sounds very nervous, even made a mistake, " we have Bristol rovers next Saturday"

I just want to say thank you Tim thank you Grant and thank you Des because between you you've taken a team that were 2nd in the league and made them well shite we are boring to watch the players have no clue what they are supposed to be doing it'd embarrassing

What idiot gave a guy who had no EFL experience a 3 1/2 year contract f*****g clueless he's taken us backwards we f*****g fighting promotion when he came now we are not even in the play offs position

Started both half’s pretty well, but seemed to lose focus or belief pretty early first half.
Have never been convinced by Stevens,
Negru and Mceachran were just poor selections.
Felt sorry for Brannagan one decent player can’t influence or dictate the midfield on their own.
Terrible mistake to leave McQuane out today, he maybe hanging onto the ball longer than previously. But maybe the style of play and options are now fewer. No question the desire is not there as It was under Manning
If it wasn’t for the officials Des was struggling to shake hands with anyone.
One bit of optimism was that at times Burey looked very promising.

I get the feeling a difference between Manning and Buckingham is that the former had very good analysis of opposition and adjusted tactics accordingly. Whereas everything Buckingham says in interviews makes it sound as if he doesn't really care about the opposition or how they play, he's just interested in how we play. And I think that's naive myself.
I think the analyst who LM took with him to BC actually analysed us in terms of players performances and tactics used etc… and also the upcoming opposition. The combination of the two fed into Manning and a Hogg and influenced who played and how we played. I’m not sure we have that now in terms of the new analyst if he’s actually working for us yet, and we certainly don’t have the right set up in terms of a right hand man for Des. I’m not sure if some of that is because we don’t actually have the right man in Des.

I’d love for him to be successful but there is not any evidence of any style or system or preferred formation or tactics and we’ve been a shambles in the last 10 weeks by and large and the inability in the last 4 weeks to bring in the fit and ready to go players needed to boost the squad and push on speaks volumes.

I‘ll be shot down by a few of the positives who’ll defend everything and anything I’m sure, but the facts don’t lie. We’ve gone from automatic contenders to play off hangers on and that’s being optimistic based on our form, results and actual performances and the players actually available right now. January not for the first time in recent seasons has absolutely found us out in all sorts of ways, from the top of the club downwards. It’s been complete mismanagement and a total disaster.

I know football is an emotive game but jeez …. And the alternative is, Baz? We’re not Reading going out of business. We’re a side just outside the playoffs having a rough patch.

Yeah, we lose matches and we’re not doing as well under Des as any of us hoped. However, if you cannot see that this side has some major limitations imposed upon from the manager before Manning, have a word. Did anyone really expect perfection? I never even predicted a playoff place. Just a top half finish as an anti tide to last season and steps in the right direction again.

A few days left of the window and I want some proper signings. Not ‘Tories counting hospitals’ style ‘signings’ by saying players who are already here are new signings. New players who are ready to play and start mucking in. All this talk of players being ready for April or bringing in injured players is B*****s. It needed a strong window and we haven’t had it yet.
So what do you want?keep a non existent chairman and a CEO when you meet him all he does it talk about his time at Inter Milan?

"we're going to continue working the way we want to" - GOD help us
He's the last person who can help us, needs a loan ;)

I love this club but I feel so deflated. It's the hope that kills you. KR sucked my love for the club away and now it's all gone to pot after the promise of Maning.

Back
Top Bottom