Away Match Build Up 25/11/2023 L1: Cheltenham Town v OUFC

Predictions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BristolOx

Thought i’d start the build-up thread as we’re a week away from Des’ first game in charge.
Excited to see how we line up. I would expect we’ll pick one of our 3 starting formations - 4231, 3421 or the hybrid/both where we defend with 4 at the back and attack with 3 at the back.

I’ll post more stats later, but it’s second vs second bottom.

IMG_2886.jpeg

IMG_2887.jpeg

COYY!

edit: there was a poll but it got removed when the threads merged.
edit, edit: found how to add it back in

Last edited:
Hopefully the start of a new manager 'bounce' for us and the end of theirs. Potential banana skin, no room for complacency.

From the Cheltenham forum…..

They’ve just appointed Des Buckingham as new first team coach. Currently boss of Mumbai City, but he’s Oxford born and and Oxford fan.

Cracking timing for our game against them in a couple of weeks with an enthusiastic, sold out away following backing their home coming new manager. Joy.
😁😁

Do we know for sure whether Moore is suspended for this one? Some sources, including the FA, have him on 5 yellows now. I have nightmares that we end up playing him and have points deducted, as the club hasn't mentioned it at all.

An away win. 1-4 Brannagan x2 Rodrigues, and Bodin.

Top of the league Saturday night after Pompey drop points vs Blackpool.

Surely the FA should be informing the club?
I suspect the club have the wherewithal to be on top of this........but I've just looked on T'Internet and he does seem to have picked up 5 yellows in league games. Another part ot T'Internet shows the following so he may not play on Saturday:

Cautions (Yellow Cards)

Accumulating five, ten, fifteen or twenty Cautions in league matches can result in an automatic ban in your relevant league. Accumulated Cautions in some cup competitions are specific to that competition and can result in an automatic ban from the cup competition in which the Cautions were received.

The cut-off points for receiving a sanction as a result of accumulating Cautions are outlined in the following tables:

*Please note the tables below are an indication of expected sanction. Members are advised to always check sanctions with the Football Association.

EFL Leagues/National League

Competition in which the Caution was accumulatedNumber of Cautions AccumulatedCut Off Point (Inclusive)Automatic Suspension for number of CautionsCompetitions where automatic suspensions apply
EFL Leagues519 EFL matches1 matchEFL Leagues
1037 EFL matches2 matches
15Last day of the relevant League playing season prior to the play-off matches3 matches

Second worst team in the division having scored just seven times in sixteen matches.

Can't see anything but three points for us.

Second worst team in the division having scored just seven times in sixteen matches.

Can't see anything but three points for us.
Man you've caused problems now ( remember Gillingham) these things never even good when Oxford are involved

Back
Top Bottom