Away Match Day Thread 24/10/2023 L1: Wigan Athletic v OUFC

Man of the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Malc

Staff member
Hopefully last Saturday has been flushed down the wc.
Normal service will be resumed tonight with a 4-1 win.

REF WATCH

Hertfordshire based David Rock is tonight’s man in the middle at the DW Stadium.
Rock started refereeing in Hatfield and was added to the EFL list in 2019.
This season he has taken charge of ten games issuing 34 yellow cards and three reds although the red card
given to Exeter defender Will Aimson at Charlton earlier this month was later rescinded. Exeter boss Gary Caldwell
accused Alfie May of ‘conning’ referee Rock.

His U’s record reads:

2/2020 - Oxford U 3-0 Accrington
11/2020 - Oxford U 3-1 Rochdale
02/2021 - Oxford U 2-0 Bristol R
08/2021 - Camb U 1-1 Oxford U
11/2022 - Oxford U 4-0 Port Vale

F3HjMxaW0AEIZnj

PLAYED FOR BOTH

ETQF380WoAA9338

Includes Josh Murphy, Marcus Browne, Josh McEachran, Sean Clare, Colin Greenall, Conor McAleny,
Yanic Wildschut, Darren Patterson, Phil Edwards, Chey Dunkley, Kyle Joseph and others…

I’d be happy with another draw to keep our unbeaten run

Does anyone know if you can pay on the turnstile, or do you need to find the ticket office at the ground?

Tough one
Wigan are not as bad as the league table suggests because of their points deduction
Assume Brannigan will be out and Mc Cechran isn’t up to 180 minutes in 3 days
Also add that a lot of those who came on looked lethargic on Saturday they will have to up their game

We still don’t know if anyone other than Cam Bran is affected by the bug. I’m assuming that is the reason we were not firing on all cylinders on Saturday and don’t expect any miraculous improvement.

Wigan Athletic 1 - Oxford United 1.

Go for the jugular…do that and we win 3-1.

Have a feeling though it will be cagey and 1-1.

Fancy it comes down to the freshness of the squad - how fit are RR and Mills after Saturday? Can Harris play 90mins at full pelt? If not, can Bodin do 90 and cover that? How long does McEachran play and can Smyth hit the ground running if not? The squads going to be two or three short until January due to form and fitness, and if I was to have any minor criticism of Manning, I’m not sure he always manages his subs tremendously well.

The league table says we have better players and better balance than Wigan so would go for 2-1 Ox, but will be much happier when Brannagan and Edwards or Browne are fit.

A change of plans means I can attend tonight, hoping for a win, expecting a tough draw.

Back
Top Bottom