Current Player #23 Josh Murphy

I love Josh Murphy and I think we should move heaven and earth to get him to stay - a decent wage, the keys to Kebab Kid and as many rides with Royal Cars as he likes (within the city boundaries). I know he’s had a difficult season last year but the lad carves up League One defenders for a laugh.

I would also offer a similar deal to Cameron Brannagan but include vouchers for that nice Indian place near the plane roundabout.

Get these lads committed!!!

Yeah I think perhaps we spend too much time these days worrying how much of our budget a player is using up. I don't remember it even coming up back in the day. He's great to watch, therefore I'll be pleased if I get to watch him play for us next season. I'll let the club worry about whether he's worth it or not.

Brilliant today and I’m sure Harris will give him one of his tinnies for the bus home as a thanks for the tap in.

He’s absolutely lethal at full tilt. What’s great about him in this form is the opponent needs to adjust themselves to deal with him - maybe commit two defenders - which will create space elsewhere for Rodrigues or Dale maybe. The timing is perfect. Only the most arrogant of sides would leave their full back to defend him alone.

He’s converting everybody, surely, you can’t not like what he’s giving us. That’s all we ever wanted.

You'd like to think that a young man with (presumably, after multiple years of being very well paid) enough money in his pocket - might actually prefer to stay where he appears to be enjoying his football for the first time in years, regardless of any other offers.

If it's true that getting his off-field life settled has been the only real factor in determining his performance (and, more importantly his mental health and quality of life) - then you literally can't put a price on that.

Josh Murphy genuinely seems to be enjoying his football (and judging by his reaction to others) his team-mates/surroundings also.

I simply can't imagine ripping that all up and starting again for a few quid more elsewhere...
Blimey, your tone has certainly changed since August when you were berating and lecturing anyone who might dare hope Murphy would come good - I seem to remember Werthers getting a dressing down for exactly that.

Like everyone else, I was severely underwhelmed by Murphy’s first year (17 months?) and wouldn’t have been in the least disappointed if he’d been off-loaded. But as long as he was our player I continued to hope/dream he might come good. I certainly wasn’t the only one. I think you said that ‘no sane’ person could expect anything from him and something to the effect of ‘none so blind as those will not see’.

For some reason this has stuck in my mind. Just shows we’re not all quite the experts we think we are, eh?

Blimey, your tone has certainly changed since August when you were berating and lecturing anyone who might dare hope Murphy would come good - I seem to remember Werthers getting a dressing down for exactly that.

Like everyone else, I was severely underwhelmed by Murphy’s first year (17 months?) and wouldn’t have been in the least disappointed if he’d been off-loaded. But as long as he was our player I continued to hope/dream he might come good. I certainly wasn’t the only one. I think you said that ‘no sane’ person could expect anything from him and something to the effect of ‘none so blind as those will not see’.

For some reason this has stuck in my mind. Just shows we’re not all quite the experts we think we are, eh?
Yeah I got a bollocking just for saying I wanted to see Murphy get a run of games as I’d hardly seen him and wanted to form an opinion. But I dont like people dragging up old posts to prove they were right, everyone is just saying it as they see it at the time and often they’re proved to be wrong, it doesn’t matter. (Obvs I was right in this case however!).

Yeah I got a bollocking just for saying I wanted to see Murphy get a run of games as I’d hardly seen him and wanted to form an opinion. But I dont like people dragging up old posts to prove they were right, everyone is just saying it as they see it at the time and often they’re proved to be wrong, it doesn’t matter. (Obvs I was right in this case however!).
I’m absolutely not saying ‘look at me I’m right’, my defence of Murphy was less than minimal. It’s just the notion of actually berating people for even hoping he might come good. As it happens, I’m as surprised and delighted as the next man as to what has unfolded.

I will be honest josh Murphy of last season I would be happy to say b****r off BUT josh Murphy on current form I want in an Oxford shirt this lad has found some self belief he's found his mojo and he is scaring the s**t out of opposition players when he is running at them everything you want your winger's to be doing he is doing

Please sign him up to a new deal

I agree he is in great form. He is 29 years old and will want a 3 year deal. If he doesn't get what he wants at Oxford I'm sure other clubs will take him on with the terms he wants. Lets hope he hasn't called the snake to discuss loyalty

Back
Top Bottom