Current Player #23 Josh Murphy

Great to see, it looks like Josh is going to really smash em in for us next season, ready for his next bumper pay day when his contract expires with us.

Am I the only one who wouldnโ€™t mind seeing Murphy stay? Obviously if someone would (insanely) pay a fee for him or even take him off our hands without us paying a penny then thatโ€™s different, but rather than us continuing to pay a % of his wages for no return Iโ€™d rather see what he can do with a full pre-season under Manning, if heโ€™s mentally right and motivated.

Itโ€™s undeniable he has talent, and he did actually start to show that towards the end of the season, heโ€™s still a good age, he apparently was working hard on his fitness over summer and if heโ€™s in shape and motivated then yes, he could actually be one of the best players in the division.

Ok maybe it wonโ€™t work out, but Iโ€™m excited to see what could happenโ€ฆ

Am I the only one who wouldnโ€™t mind seeing Murphy stay? Obviously if someone would (insanely) pay a fee for him or even take him off our hands without us paying a penny then thatโ€™s different, but rather than us continuing to pay a % of his wages for no return Iโ€™d rather see what he can do with a full pre-season under Manning, if heโ€™s mentally right and motivated.

Itโ€™s undeniable he has talent, and he did actually start to show that towards the end of the season, heโ€™s still a good age, he apparently was working hard on his fitness over summer and if heโ€™s in shape and motivated then yes, he could actually be one of the best players in the division.

Ok maybe it wonโ€™t work out, but Iโ€™m excited to see what could happenโ€ฆ

I think that's pretty much how I see it. Should he go, especially to a fellow L1 club, there'd be a nagging concern that he could really turn it on. I'd keep him and re-evaluate again at Christmas ready for the winter window.

I think that's pretty much how I see it. Should he go, especially to a fellow L1 club, there'd be a nagging concern that he could really turn it on. I'd keep him and re-evaluate again at Christmas ready for the winter window.
I don't think we'd find another club stupid enough to offer the wages to Yanic or Murphy that Karl did.

So the best thing to do is get behind them. Yanic maybe is a lost cause but murphy showed glimpses.

Here we are. God and Goodrham get a pass of course and im cautiously optimistic about our new signings, but we need to demand a hell of alot more this time from the rest.
I fail to accept that Yanic and Murphy are shite. I am prepared to open mindedly watch this team again, with both of them in it, only this time with a degree of competency from the dugout.

Murphy had a good game today (v Exeter) He's still slowly getting back into the team and swing of League One which is no easy task but he came on, made a couple of good runs and helped us eventually seal the penalty. He's a good option to have especially as an impact player and we are in a far better state than what we were when he was under Robinson last season. Keep his head down and he could easily find himself in first team contention. There is no doubt he's fully capable and I'm sure he will continue to show desire and ability.

Yes, excited to see that we are slowly able to draw performances out of him. Not an ideal situation still but this is the closest we have got (or anyone has got) to a getting regular performances out of him for a good long while

Back
Top Bottom