Current Player #23 Josh Murphy

Excellent performance. Obviously his assists stand out but the pinged pass across the pitch that I think was meant for Ciaron Brown, but intercepted by Cam Brannagan, was hit so sweetly. Also, his defensive work and pressing was very good tonight.

I have to say, I feared that we might never see him again after his abject 45 minutes against Bolton, and then being left out of the squad vs. Pompey.

But instead of sulking, he's got his head down, looked better in his cameo at Barnsley and then came on and worked his B*****s off tonight. If he continues to do that, then he's got the raw ability to be the player that we all hoped he'd be when he signed. Could be a difference maker for us still.

So huge credit to him for the attitude tonight - and huge credit to Manning as well for what looks like some terrific man management.

Now, same again on Saturday please.......

I have to say, I feared that we might never see him again after his abject 45 minutes against Bolton, and then being left out of the squad vs. Pompey.

But instead of sulking, he's got his head down, looked better in his cameo at Barnsley and then came on and worked his B*****s off tonight. If he continues to do that, then he's got the raw ability to be the player that we all hoped he'd be when he signed. Could be a difference maker for us still.

So huge credit to him for the attitude tonight - and huge credit to Manning as well for what looks like some terrific man management.

Now, same again on Saturday please.......

I agree but there was a rumble of boos when he came on for Goodrham. Those fans are idiots and they really cannot be genuine Oxford fans. Shameful. As you say though, a brilliant response from Murphy and some clever man management from LM.

It’s amazing how just a bit of effort and desire can set the tone for a better performance and a positive reaction from the crowd. Even if Murphy hadn’t set up the goals I’d still have said he did well by his sheer application and willingness to pressure their back line.

Couldn't make yesterday and I've been critical of him so far this season, both in terms of attitude and ability most the time, so I'm delighted that by all accounts he's come on and done brilliantly. Hopefully that's a turning point for him and he can take that into the last couple of games and then come back fit and raring to go next season.

Good on you Josh 👍🏻

Looked like he was enjoying himself last night. Looked like the player we thought had left him. Good for him. Hope it continues.

I was really pleased that he didn't do the arrogant cupping of the ears after getting a bit of stick and instead celebrated his assists with pure emotion. Let's hope he can turn in those displays on a more regular basis going forward

I was happy to see that too and feared we might see one of those typical sullen, arrogant reactions that footballers, who feel they've been hard done, by can give but as you say his reaction was mature and mirrored the emotion of his team mates and the fans.

A great, positive night and one that signalled the proper arrivals of Murphy and Manning and an exciting sign of what next season might hold. A word on Manning too, his interviews aren't half refreshing. Bit like KR in that he has a few phrases that he likes to repeat - structure, belief, control etc - but it's more football orientated, he doesn't veer off and get lost in a load of stuff about the community, how the players care and all that drivel. Whatever happens on the football front going forwards I think he will be a difficult bloke to take a dislike to.

Surprised he didn’t start after his cameo at Oakwell, but after tonight I can’t see a scenario where he doesn’t start in Nailsworth.

Welcome, Josh. Where the hell have you been?
Has to fight for his place, and rightly so, but keep putting performances like that in and he’ll deserve a start.

I wonder what he would have been like if he had started?

Seems to have a lot going on in his head. Was having personal celebrations/emotions with his excellent assists/contributions.

Thought Fleming and Smith looked fired up too.

At last ,the player who we saw a 30 min cameo of v Charlton , showed, in style, what hes capable of last night. Play like that on saturday ,and sunday week .

Though it was an excellent all round team performance, which maybe allowed him to shine brightly

Has to fight for his place, and rightly so, but keep putting performances like that in and he’ll deserve a start.

I wonder what he would have been like if he had started?

Seems to have a lot going on in his head. Was having personal celebrations/emotions with his excellent assists/contributions.

Thought Fleming and Smith looked fired up too.

I quite like Fleming, reminds me a bit of Luke Garbett who we had here. He doesn't do stuff that gets you off your seat but isn't wasteful and he's nice and tidy on the ball. Every squad needs one or two like him.

At last ,the player who we saw a 30 min cameo of v Charlton , showed, in style, what hes capable of last night. Play like that on saturday ,and sunday week .

Though it was an excellent all round team performance, which maybe allowed him to shine brightly
Did the club get the piece about your dad into the programme last night @Sarge? Hopefully they have atoned for their error.

Imagine Murphy and Anderson on the right side. Terrifying (for both sets of fans, admittedly).
Credit to Murphy for last night, long may it continue.
To be fair Sam Long has done well going forward in the last couple of home games.
Good assist last night and great cross where GoD should have scored v Pompey
Good all round play as well

Thought he was excellent last night, great attitude, great effort and great end product. Well done Josh.

I was really pleased that he didn't do the arrogant cupping of the ears after getting a bit of stick and instead celebrated his assists with pure emotion. Let's hope he can turn in those displays on a more regular basis going forward

I was surprised with his reaction.

He has been given far more than a 'bit' of stick. What he should have done is put the bird up to some of the crowd for their, frankly, appalling treatment of him. No one has mentioned him being 'booed' onto the pitch yet. Idiots, whoever you are.

He's a better man than I am.

Back
Top Bottom