Away Match Day Thread +++ 22/02/20 Ipswich Town v OUFC+++

Despite only having ever once previously having won at Potman rd in the past, Im still feeling we'll nick the 3points tomorrow and double our wins there

OM look back at the last U's win there ...

The teams : OUFC - Alan Judge; Neil Slatter, David Bardsley, Colin Greenall, Gary Briggs, Jim Phillips;
Les Phillips, Sean Reck, Robbie Mustoe; Martin Foyle, Dean Saunders
Sun Richard Hill

Ipswich - Craig Forrest; Frank Yallop, Tony Humes, David Linighan, David Hill; Romeo Zondervan,
Mick Stockwell, Simon Milton, Jason Dozzell; David Lowe, Dalian Atkinson.
Sub Chris Kiwomya

Att: 13,039

I hope we keep Browne in midfield, as he seems far more influential there than out wide, and as was pointed out, really drives the team forward - something we lacked in our poor run of form.

Gorrin
Brannagan, Browne

As a starting midfield the three above, currently, provides our best threat to win games.

And stick with Forde at RB.

I hope we keep Browne in midfield, as he seems far more influential there than out wide, and as was pointed out, really drives the team forward - something we lacked in our poor run of form.

Gorrin
Brannagan, Browne

As a starting midfield the three above, currently, provides our best threat to win games.

That's fine in principle, but assuming that Nathan Holland plays on the left that means dropping Henry or Sykes who have also been massively important.

Rather than seeing it as a 433, I'd consider a 4141 with Gorrin the holding player and Henry, Sykes, Brannagan and Browne being able to interlink throughout the midfield. That would mean dropping Holland which is harsh but he will have the opportunity to come on as an impact player towards the end.

*I know how everyone gets obsessed with formations so this is for illustrative purposes only!!!

We really need something from this game and there is no reason why we cannot win there if we play as well as we did on Tuesday.
3 points would be a massive achievement from this one.
I think we can do it. 0-1 Taylor tap in.

We really need something from this game and there is no reason why we cannot win there if we play as well as we did on Tuesday.
3 points would be a massive achievement from this one.
I think we can do it. 0-1 Taylor tap in.

who’s this Taylor Tapin bloke you speak of? New Striker?

Gorrin
Brannagan, Browne

I’d rather put Browne further up the field. Thought he had a good game against an awful side, but against a better side I think he could go wanting as he’s not the greatest of team player when things don’t go his way.

I think Holland or Skyes will give way today (probably Skyes because of his niggling injury which would be a shame as he has the energy and tracks back etc), but think Gorrin has to come back in for his energy and tempo, plus getting ball off defence.

Last edited:
I know everyone is keen to bring Gorrin straight back in but there must be a strong argument to show faith and reward those that played so well on Tuesday by keeping an unchanged team. Gorrin can be brought on to strengthen if needed.

Just got up here in Costa Rica ?? as we are 6 hours behind you guys. Already to start my new match day routine. After Tuesday I couldn’t change it. So I am prepared to take another one for the team and endure another all over massage from one of the many girls on the beach ?. If we get 3 points today then my routine will be tested as we come home ? on Monday. Be happy with a point but I’m greedy and want all 3. COYY

The teams : OUFC - Alan Judge; Neil Slatter, David Bardsley, Colin Greenall, Gary Briggs, Jim Phillips;
Les Phillips, Sean Reck, Robbie Mustoe; Martin Foyle, Dean Saunders
Sun Richard Hill

Ipswich - Craig Forrest; Frank Yallop, Tony Humes, David Linighan, David Hill; Romeo Zondervan,
Mick Stockwell, Simon Milton, Jason Dozzell; David Lowe, Dalian Atkinson.
Sub Chris Kiwomya

Att: 13,039
The only red OUFC jersey I owned. Liked the single button collar
BTW Les & Jim not related, conformed?

Taken from OUFC twitter feed. The boys taking in the early atmosphere at Portman Road. It certainly doesnt take a lot of imagination to think thats what Grenoble Road could be like with a lovely West Stand built..

774EDFAA-68C0-4824-8284-0FF39D09F2DF.jpeg

Just got up here in Costa Rica ?? as we are 6 hours behind you guys. Already to start my new match day routine. After Tuesday I couldn’t change it. So I am prepared to take another one for the team and endure another all over massage from one of the many girls on the beach ?. If we get 3 points today then my routine will be tested as we come home ? on Monday. Be happy with a point but I’m greedy and want all 3. COYY

Enjoy the whites & bbbj

ERYpBr5XsAgfAto.jpg:large

Good looking team that. Assume that means CB and Browne at CM?

Back
Top Bottom