General ST Prices 2022/2023 Ideas.

Essexyellows

Many other clubs have already announced renewals, new ST prices etc.

Obviously, we have no idea where we might be as yet but where will the price "pitch" be?

We go up - ST go up across the board - probably a given and understandable,

We don`t go up - renewals have a marginal increase - new pricing structure for new ST holders.

Any thought given to those who paid during the pandemic?

Any thought given to cost of living pressures?

Deals with local businesses/sponsors?

Other "sweeteners"?

Got to start the conversation somewhere...................... go. :)

Not just ST in my opinion, not everyone can commit to them but probably attend a large number of games and whilst flexi tickets etc are fine it still involves a chunk in one hit. The Database will reveal who buys approaching Matchday so perhaps offer a little % off to these much needed attendees.

As I'll finally qualify as an 'over 65' .... Im looking at getting a ST for the first season in a while for next season- whatever level we're playing ( despite the fact I will miss at least a few home games due to work commitments/ bookings)- replacing my OUFC membership card

personally Id like to see a price freeze for existing and new ST 's for anyone committing before the pre season games begin - irrespective of which level we're playing- as an acknowledgement by the club for the fantastic support this season, and recognising the current cost of living too

As I'll finally qualify as an 'over 65' .... Im looking at getting a ST for the first season in a while for next season- whatever level we're playing ( despite the fact I will miss at least a few home games due to work commitments/ bookings)- replacing my OUFC membership card

personally Id like to see a price freeze for existing and new ST 's for anyone committing before the pre season games begin - irrespective of which level we're playing- as an acknowledgement by the club for the fantastic support this season, and recognising the current cost of living too
it's a fine line @Sarge and will be loss making for the foreseeable, I also think we have to try not get carried away by having wealthier owners and wherever we end up not expect miracles or have ideas/expectations way above reality.

I've often thought that you could stick £10 on every adult season ticket and then have a draw at every home game for a cash prize.

If you had 2,000 tickets that would raise £20k, so you could offer three prizes of (say) £500, £250 & £100 which would return £19,550, so self-financing.

Not sure about the legal aspects of it - would it have to be optional, could you include over 13's - but if properly implemented, it's something that would appeal to me.

Cannot see it rising that much if at all they have to take into account that everything has gone up I be happy with a price freeze on the season ticket and also I think 20quid a ticket is enough

I am happy to pay an extra £30 if it means we sign Sam Baldock on a 3 year contract.

Good idea. I will donate the contents of my jeans pockets if we take up the option on Winnall*.

* To wit: one yellow 'Clipper' lighter, bio-degradable poo bag containing 1 pack green rizlas and some Havana tobacco (Partagas Mille Fleurs mostly), a piece of kitchen roll slightly soiled with nasal emissions, a Waitrose bag (folded), a photograph of Sharon Horgan signed with the monograph"I would be nothing without you, Paul. xx Sharon".

Cannot see it rising that much if at all they have to take into account that everything has gone up I be happy with a price freeze on the season ticket and also I think 20quid a ticket is enough
will the board consult OxVox on the subject this time?

A price freeze ( certainly if promotion via the playoffs doesn't happen) given cost of living, fuel prices, energy prices spiralling with wages stagnating would be very welcome

I agree £20 is / should be enough (albeit individual adult match day tickets currently exceed that in most areas of the breeze block, East Stand excepted)

will the board consult OxVox on the subject this time?

A price freeze ( certainly if promotion via the playoffs doesn't happen) given cost of living, fuel prices, energy prices spiralling with wages stagnating would be very welcome

I agree £20 is / should be enough (albeit individual adult match day tickets currently exceed that in most areas of the breeze block, East Stand excepted)
could it not be argued @Sarge that the club will also incur these extra charges, Energy, Travel to matches Acomodation etc Whilst players will also seek more wages to cover their own costs.

Really it should be an opportunity for really cheap tickets for U18s.

Build up the fan base ahead of stadium move in 3 years..

Yes I’d fully back this. They’re done similar up the A420 and I think it’s a positive for them - both in terms of getting people in the ground, and converting them into lifetime fans. We shouldn’t be against doing similar if it works.

Will be announced this week, no price increase I believe

Good start if so, wonder if they will have a big push around the "buy one or you might not get in" with the big clubs due to visit, several 10k+ gates, etc?

Really it should be an opportunity for really cheap tickets for U18s.

Build up the fan base ahead of stadium move in 3 years..
Very cheap tickets for Under 21s is a no-brainer. Future profit is huge if you convert just a few to being hardcore fans. The Oxford Fanatics have made sitting in the East Stand less of a lifeless experience too.

could it not be argued @Sarge that the club will also incur these extra charges, Energy, Travel to matches Acomodation etc Whilst players will also seek more wages to cover their own costs.
it could

conversely, pricing those on low income out of the equation equates to lower attendances

Back
Top Bottom