Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
So anyway, our only fit winger and a promising-looking 22 yr old midfielder are going on loan? Even more signings needed now to replace them in two days. Even for a fairly positive person such as me this is really bizarre.
Not sure if it really is though obvs leaves us short but of what..one needs other game time to get up to scratch and other one for experience ..one a gamble on past performance and other a gamble on coming good for future money value

Not sure if it really is though obvs leaves us short but of what..one needs other game time to get up to scratch and other one for experience ..one a gamble on past performance and other a gamble on coming good for future money value

🤣

You'll spend all Summer denigrating those who question the signing of Jones and now he is being bombed out he was 'a gamble on past performance'.

Delicious.

KR just said he won't talk about something relating to comments made about transfers. He said "it's cool" if people have got personal agendas (or vendettas, can't remember)
After years of hinting at stuff behind the scenes, just state what it is clearly or just don't mention it at all.

Come on, that interview he just gave was complete garble, from saying what he thinks people want to hear, to Nathan asking him what exactly do you mean. The world cup also blamed for not being able to sign players.

ROBBIE FOWLER IN OUFC TRAINING GEAR ON THE PITCH WITH ROBINSON. ROBBIE HALL ON THE PITCH IN TRAINING GEAR.

Academy director leaves, fowler turns up on the pitch in oufc training gear.
Where's polox and his conspiracy theories when you need him.
WTF is going on at our club, that we don't know about.
This really doesn't sit right with me.

I'm not sure what's triggering it but something is worrying me that the best interests of OUFC are not the driving force for some of the decisions being made.

So just listened to the KR pre match interview. Am I right to think KR has been a little misleading / guarded with the actual objectives for our club this season. Over the last years we’ve had a couple of very decent seasons where at the end of each season we’ve sold our Crown Jewels as many clubs have to do. Those sales have helped the club survive and compete against clubs we can only admire for their size, structure and support. It‘s alleged that there maybe some truth in that the recent sales of our centre backs have benefitted KR financially and therefore if this is true is he now much less vocal than previous years on this seasons transfer aspirations. Its becoming more obvious to me that the clubs objective is to survive this year until serious investment comes in once approval for a new ground. I fear for the new ground being approved as without it we may be Witnessing the final few years of our club as was the situation before RM became involved in the early 80‘s. As a life time supporter I would much prefer to hear open and straight forward comments from the mananger of “lets get behind our young lads“ / “we are looking to survive this year” ”developing for the future” rather than all the drivel and missed opportunities around this and that player etc etc. Also it’s got to be noted that local media over the last few years have gone soft on OUFC and especially KR, to highlight this Rad Ox has Rosie an OUFC employee as a co commentator. Is he really going to say anything which might compromised his employment. Lets have some open and honest conversations for a change as otherwise we are being taken as fools.

Last edited:
Thomas Asante release clause was actually 500k.

Has joined West Brom this evening according to reports.

So just listened to the KR pre match interview. Am I right to think KR has been a little misleading / guarded with the actual objectives for our club this season. Over the last years we’ve had a couple of very decent seasons where at the end of each season we’ve sold our Crown Jewels as many clubs have to do. Those sales have helped the club survive and compete against clubs we can only admire for their size, structure and support. I believe it’s alleged / common knowledge that the sales of Dickie and Atkinson have greatly benefitted KR financially and therefore he has been much less vocal on this seasons transfer aspirations. Its becoming more obvious to me that the clubs objective is to survive this year until serious investment comes in once approval for a new ground. I fear for the new ground as without it we may be Witnessing the final few years of our club as was the situation before RM became involved in the early 80‘s. As a life time supporter I would much prefer to hear comments from the man in charge of “lets get behind our young lads“ / “we are looking to survive this year” rather than all the drivel about this and that player etc etc. Local media have gone soft on OUFC and especially KR, to highlight this Rad Ox has Rosie an OUFC employee as a co commentator. Is he really going to say anything which might compromised his employment. Lets have some open and honest conversations for a change as otherwise we are being taken as fools.
Whaaaat? I was of the opinion that there was a bit of mates scratching each others back going on with Robbo, but nothing like him profiting personally (which just for clarity I don't believe for a minute)

Last edited:
I gave you more credit than that to be little someone in that way, honestly, in the polite/sensible way you have responded to me.
Come on mate, whatever someone says, you know we're all Oxford fans. Let others go down that route, you're genuinely better than that.
The intent wasn’t to belittle him/her. You’re right, I’m not like that. But even the most critical fans here at have something more to add than snide one-liners. I’ve said my bit now so I’ll leave them alone.

I think you missed my overall point. I said in the post you quoted that I'm aware how much it happens, I know a lot of the inner workings and appreciate those who let me know what's going on.

What I said was I don't necessarily agree with that being a good recruitment policy. You said "that's right across the leagues, more so at our level". That comes back to my point again, we want to be a top 30 club and yet still operate like a lower league club.

Clubs like Brighton and Brentford were in League One in recent history and completely overhauled that recruitment strategy and employed substantial recruitment teams. Players were only signed after a thorough and rigid recruitment process that analysed fitness, suitability to a style of play and statistical performance. I can assure that was little to none "Hi, I'm the manager of X club and want to know who's available on your agency". Players were identified in house by a large recruitment team, they employed "managers" as head coaches to work within that setup and it paid dividends. Those players that signed all fit into a model and not only got them promoted to the Championship and PL, but also made them substantial profits whilst doing so.

I think this goes back to my point on an older page, stating this is not bashing the club, or bashing the manager, or bashing any members of staff that may be families or friends, it's simply stating that major investment in those areas are required if we want to be a top 30 club. Robinson could choose to work under that or may not want to, in which case we find someone who does. See example below:

"Warburton finished his Brentford managerial career with 40 wins, 16 draws, 22 losses and a winning percentage of 51.28%, the highest of any Brentford manager.[66] He departed Griffin Park upon the expiry of his contract on 30 May.[67]"

It was later discovered that one reason for Warburton's departure was that he vetoed any incoming transfers during the 2015 January transfer window, only sanctioning the signing of an injured Lewis MacLeod.[68]"

Familiar story... successful manager reluctantly let go as he didn't want to work within a certain model and recruitment strategy, in comes Thomas Frank and they spend a few years going for promotion and end up in the Premier League.

Fantastic post this.

My point on it happening was more for those who are losing their minds as if we are the only club to have ever done it.

Just a point on Fowler, he has been around the club previously doing coaching sessions. As far back as 2018/19 when Ian Wright also came in for a bit.
Clearly a step further to be involved on a matchday though.
Well he'll be around because of his son I guess. Then again, when KR got Ian Wright in to do some coaching we were a bit low on confidence, so maybe this time too?

Last edited:
Who do we think is closest to coming in atm - seems cannon and Andersen have gotten colder?
Out of the names that have been put forward I’d guess Vokins is close to a move somewhere (hopefully here). Missing from Southampton u21s tonight.

Whaaaat? I was of the opinion that there was a bit of mates scratching each others back going on with Robbo, but nothing like him profiting personally?
So just listened to the KR pre match interview. Am I right to think KR has been a little misleading / guarded with the actual objectives for our club this season. Over the last years we’ve had a couple of very decent seasons where at the end of each season we’ve sold our Crown Jewels as many clubs have to do. Those sales have helped the club survive and compete against clubs we can only admire for their size, structure and support. I believe it’s alleged / common knowledge that the sales of Dickie and Atkinson have greatly benefitted KR financially and therefore he has been much less vocal on this seasons transfer aspirations. Its becoming more obvious to me that the clubs objective is to survive this year until serious investment comes in once approval for a new ground. I fear for the new ground as without it we may be Witnessing the final few years of our club as was the situation before RM became involved in the early 80‘s. As a life time supporter I would much prefer to hear comments from the man in charge of “lets get behind our young lads“ / “we are looking to survive this year” rather than all the drivel about this and that player etc etc. Local media have gone soft on OUFC and especially KR, to highlight this Rad Ox has Rosie an OUFC employee as a co commentator. Is he really going to say anything which might compromised his employment. Lets have some open and honest conversations for a change as otherwise we are being taken as fools.
This “believe/alleged/common knowledge” shite is how people circulate rumours they cannot prove and are probably in no position to know.

It should be pointed out that such wording does not protect them or the platform that publishes it from libel law.

As I have said before, some of the bile being directed at our manager here is deeply damaging to him and to the club.

I’m not sure why people who claim to be Oxford fans are doing it. But I doubt it’s because they have access to real information which would pass muster in a court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom