Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Robinson said in his interview that we are, as a club still punching above our weight and are lucky to be competing with the likes of Charlton etc, if that is the case then he should be called out for this,
what a s**t comment to make
Self preservation mode pure and simple.. from a man who knows he has made a right balls up of things. You will see lots more of it so best get used to it.

And the criteria for selection regarding who was kept and who was released…..

All conjecture which is why I said may.

Edit: Short term contract expired so likely to be financial but could well be other contributors.
It is unlikely to have been for football or injury record reasons, they were being run by Administrators who had the primary goal of reducing outgoings.

He's not exactly wrong. Still a long way to go to be seen as a constant threat at the top.
But he is wrong, we have a top 5 budget, he needs to start delivering and look at his own transfer failures, wonder if the Bournemouth manager keeps saying they are punching above their weight?

But he is wrong, we have a top 5 budget, he needs to start delivering and look at his own transfer failures, wonder if the Bournemouth manager keeps saying they are punching above their weight?
Top 5? Surely Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton, Portsmouth, Barnsley, Ipswich & Peterborough have bigger budgets than us so that would make us 7th at most.
And Derby could be more than us with crowds of 25,000. So possibly it is now top 8.

Last edited:
Top 5? Surely Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton, Portsmouth, Barnsley, Ipswich & Peterborough have bigger budgets than us so that would make us 7th at most.

Nope.

Only 3 of those teams you've listed have a higher budget (available) than us.

The point is that Karl picks and chooses his side depending on what he wants.

"Act like a top 30 club and be aggressive" says he when he wants New Eras next costly offering.

"We should consider ourselves so lucky to be even in the same league as the might of Charlton Athletic" says Karl as he realises his punts have resulted in a relegation scrap whilst his ambitious board have sanctioned some of the highest spending in the league.

Oldest trick in the book.

Which 3 and what are the budgets of each then?
There are often good indicators about the budgets of teams, but absolutely no one can possibly know for a fact other clubs budgets until the transfer window has concluded.

We're not in the top 3 spenders, but we're in the next group of 4 or 5 clubs, and there's not a huge amount between them - at the moment. One big transfer from any of them, or several players coming in on good wages will change the order.

That's not to excuse performance. We should be doing significantly better than we are. Playoffs are the minimum expectation from the board, and we're a long way off that. But we also saw Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday spend loads last season and they're both in league one again this season, and we had the joy of Sunderland for several years too. No exact science, but a decent enough guide.

The point is that Karl picks and chooses his side depending on what he wants.

"Act like a top 30 club and be aggressive" says he when he wants New Eras next costly offering.

"We should consider ourselves so lucky to be even in the same league as the might of Charlton Athletic" says Karl as he realises his punts have resulted in a relegation scrap whilst his ambitious board have sanctioned some of the highest spending in the league.

Oldest trick in the book.

Which New Era players has Robinson brought into the club?

well he sort of did last night - poor sod sounded so down

Which 3 and what are the budgets of each then?

Its quite obvious who the big spenders are in this league by their signings. Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich and Derby have bigger budgets than us but I don't know the exact figures. While I say we have the 4th highest budget available, Karl hasn't spent it!

What are the teams and the budgets of those 3 that are less than us

Pompey budget is less than last seasons as they are finishing of their stand at the ground, Charlton, Barnsley, Bolton, Peterborough and Mk Dons all have similar budgets available.

The point I'm making is that we have a top 4 budget available but we haven't spent all of it yet.

Are we really all arguing now about exactly how small a minnow of a club we are…?!

It’s funny how, for some on here, aspirations alter depending on how KR is performing…

As has already been said, it was him that set the bar at top 30!

It always amazes me that fans hang onto every word Robinson says. Surely people by now realise that he often spouts complete bullshit especially in the after match interviews.

In annoys me that he continually does this, but I very quickly came to realise that you simply cannot take what he’s says at face value. I’m not condoning his behaviour but supporters really shouldn’t believe everything he says.

I guess one man‘s bullshit/enthusiasm is another man’s outright lie intending to deceive?

Pompey budget is less than last seasons as they are finishing of their stand at the ground, Charlton, Barnsley, Bolton, Peterborough and Mk Dons all have similar budgets available.

The point I'm making is that we have a top 4 budget available but we haven't spent all of it yet.
So are you saying the other 3 teams in the top 4 budget, with us/ more than us/ are only Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich & Derby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom