Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t matter how much of a budget you have if you spaff all the money on the wrong players who don’t perform as a team
Eg MUFC
Whereas we in the past have unearthed some gems for very little cost who have gone on to become solid championship players.
I just wish we would look more at League 2 players who are able to make the jump up rather than has beens who have a history of injuries
I include Baldock and Browne in this and am prepared to be shot down
The two players we miss most from last year are Sykes and Williams they gave us energy and we were able to press and that gave licence for Kane and Brannagan to perform
Also missing Mc Nally of course but my point is none of those players cost us much in transfers or wages and I would welcome all three back in a heartbeat

It always amazes me that fans hang onto every word Robinson says.
Much of Robinson's statements in the media are part of his compulsion to play mind games with the opposition - to misdirect and place uncertainty into the preparations of the next club on the fixture list.

Given the strength of feeling attributed to his comments by some of the football managers on here, I can only presume that it works!

Pompey's and Charlton's income will be between £12M & £15M. Ours will be approximately £7M? From our income we will pay rent/SC to Kassam of £1m leaving us with £6M of income to spend, even if the owners are budgeting £2M loss giving us availability of £8M so surely we are well short of the likes of Pompey & Charlton. So either we will be making a huge loss or Pompey & Charlton will be making a nice tidy profit. I can't imagine Charlton will have a huge profit without investing in the playing staff and I guess Pompey will get 3rd party finance for their ground improvements rather than spend a good chunk of their income on the ground.

Pompey's and Charlton's income will be between £12M & £15M. Ours will be approximately £7M? From our income we will pay rent/SC to Kassam of £1m leaving us with £6M of income to spend, even if the owners are budgeting £2M loss giving us availability of £8M so surely we are well short of the likes of Pompey & Charlton. So either we will be making a huge loss or Pompey & Charlton will be making a nice tidy profit. I can't imagine Charlton will have a huge profit without investing in the playing staff and I guess Pompey will get 3rd party finance for their ground improvements rather than spend a good chunk of their income on the ground.

You haven't took into account how much non playing/coaching staff them clubs have, we already got told that were a club being run like a non league team in the background. Most of the income isn't generated by fans through the gate, its sponsors, investors pumping money in.

Pompey budget is less than last seasons as they are finishing of their stand at the ground, Charlton, Barnsley, Bolton, Peterborough and Mk Dons all have similar budgets available.

The point I'm making is that we have a top 4 budget available but we haven't spent all of it yet.
It’s surely all conjecture though, people here may know something at third hand.

Its quite obvious who the big spenders are in this league by their signings. Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich and Derby have bigger budgets than us but I don't know the exact figures. While I say we have the 4th highest budget available, Karl hasn't spent it!

That's the point though, it's absolute hearsay.

I doubt any of the clubs involved fully know what their budgets are yet.

I don't doubt we'll be competitive but some of the certainty bandied around is unfounded.

It’s surely all conjecture though, people here may know something at third hand.

Well everyone else on here thought Brannagan was signing for Blackpool or even one suggested he was at QPR. Me on the other hand said Brannagan was at our training ground signing a new contract, low and behold a couple of hours later an official announcement. My source at the club would know exactly what budget we have available.

Like I said money has been available to Karl to match or better every team except Sheffield Wednesday, Derby and Ipswich who we will never be able to compete with until the new ground is sorted.

I doubt any of the clubs involved fully know what their budgets are yet.

There is a difference between current budget and available budget though. Our current budget is probably top 8 at best but money is available if Karl wishes to spend it.

Sorry am a bit out of touch atm, is there any new signings on the horizon, UTO, EC Yellow?

There are two reasons why few rumours are coming out. Firstly, the club are keeping so much more in house. Very little is being spoken about until deals are done and dusted. Secondly, this window, more than most previous ones, has been really unpredictable. Things are changing all the time, and it's likely that players that were completely out of our range a week or two ago may now be available and others than we were expecting are not.

I'm confident that we'll get players in, but I couldn't even guess who they'll be.

Last edited:
Sorry am a bit out of touch atm, is there any new signings on the horizon, UTO, EC Yellow?
There are two reasons why few rumours are coming out. Firstly, the club are keeping so much more I'm house. Very little is being spoken about until deals are done and dusted. Secondly, this window, more than most previous ones, has been really unpredictable. Things are changing all the time, and it's likely that players that were completely out of our range a week or two ago may now be available and others than we were expecting are not.

I'm confident that we'll get players in, but I couldn't even guess who they'll be.
Jeeze! ECYellow and UTO spoke without opening their mouths again. I'm sure they can speak for themselves.

Last edited:
Its quite obvious who the big spenders are in this league by their signings. Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich and Derby have bigger budgets than us but I don't know the exact figures. While I say we have the 4th highest budget available, Karl hasn't spent it!
This needs qualifying a bit.

Over a few posts you’re wording it in a way that suggests Karl is failing with his approaches for players and is incapable of getting the budget spent. I.e. bids accepted but can’t convince the player to join. I haven’t heard anything to that effect - it sounds mostly like the bids were rejected out of hand for whatever reason.

So, can your source confirm/deny that in fact he has made the rumoured club record bids for 2 or 3 players that were rejected? In which case, it’s not for a lack of trying that the budget is unspent. It’s more perhaps an unwillingness to overpay and/or believing in patience?

Not trying to sound overly rose tinted but it’s not Karl’s money. So surely if he wants a player enough and the money is there… he’d spend it?!

It always amazes me that fans hang onto every word Robinson says. Surely people by now realise that he often spouts complete bullshit especially in the after match interviews.

In annoys me that he continually does this, but I very quickly came to realise that you simply cannot take what he’s says at face value. I’m not condoning his behaviour but supporters really shouldn’t believe everything he says.

I guess one man‘s bullshit/enthusiasm is another man’s outright lie intending to deceive?
It always amazes me that such a common comment on here, from quite a few different posters, goes along the line of: ‘Karl Robinson always lies/talks rubbish/says one thing then does another!! Why do supporters even believe what he says or bother taking it at face value?!’

I think some of you must be in really toxic relationships because that sounds exactly like what a very bad partner says: ‘Ok yes I said that, but you know what I’m like! Why do you take everything I say so literally!’

Walk away. Walk away from a person like that right now.

Yes none of these have posted for some time and CC who has been proven right lately
Has UTO been told to stop posting by the club? He gave us most ITK information,or has he just given up on this thread because it’s got so depressing?
Come on UTO you are sorely missed

Much of Robinson's statements in the media are part of his compulsion to play mind games with the opposition - to misdirect and place uncertainty into the preparations of the next club on the fixture list.

Given the strength of feeling attributed to his comments by some of the football managers on here, I can only presume that it works!

I think most managers do this especially pre match, it’s certainly not unique to Robinson and I’m not sure it actually works.

Footbal’s a simple game, some managers try to be clever and over complicate it, all they do is end up spouting a load of bullshitting nosense and excuses especially in post match interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom