Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
@WestOxon U’s - Karl's latest OM update - Murphy out for 3-4 weeks from today. So that would put him out until mid/late Sept based on KR's new timeline.

The reason I am not letting this go, is to reaffirm that the information told to supporters is to be taken with said 'pinch of salt'. Furthermore, the information provided to me about the severity of JM injury is from someone whom I would expect to know.

Hardly the few weeks talked about on the 8 August. To think the club was quoted as saying he could train on the Friday before Rovers...........
I had heard via the grapevine from someone very close to the club that they knew it was weeks rather than days nearly two weeks ago.

So yanic is 3 months away baldock 6 weeks (we might get 3 games out of him before he's back in the treatment room) Murphy 3-4 weeks browne possibly the season you couldn't make this s**t up.

But don't worry lads we've got a meeting at 14:30 to see what to do next 🙃🙃
What worries me is we still have Boden, Jones and the mysterious disappearing of Smyth.

Are there any *good solid lads* at Gillingham or Accrington who are decent and fancy earning a bit more? Don't have to be a future superstar or a fancy dan!

We sold McNally (a novice really) for £2 million to Burnley on June 28th.

Signed Brannagan on a long term deal on big wages instead of walking away with another £1.5 million in the bank from Blackpool.

Yet with 12 days of the transfer window left open we currently have Eastwood as our number one, Seddon & Long as our only 2 full backs at the club, a 50% fit Gorrin as our only defensive midfielder and a 50% Jones as our only fit senior winger.

We sold McNally (a novice really) for £2 million to Burnley on June 28th.

Signed Brannagan on a long term deal on big wages instead of walking away with another £1.5 million in the bank from Blackpool.

Yet with 12 days of the transfer window left open we currently have Eastwood as our number one, Seddon & Long as our only 2 full backs at the club, a 50% fit Gorrin as our only defensive midfielder and a 50% Jones as our only fit senior winger.
Other than that things are looking good 😏

I hope no negativity comes towards kr for the Browne injury he got tackled if wasn’t a no impact injury
Sometimes in football tackles are made, especially on wingers. It looked pretty innocuous to me, Browne has had knee issues his whole career and a couple of nasty injuries already, and I believe didn't sign for Charlton after he had a medical there. Signing him was a risk that we would have been aware of so KR has to take some flak for that. It's completely naïve to put injury prone players getting injured down to bad luck. Bad luck is something like Brannagan's eye issue or dislocating a shoulder after a heavy fall competing for a header. Our squad is packed with players who have shown themselves to be high risk for injuries and that is down to Robbo, so I will put some negativity his way.

Before anyone makes the point that the likes of Browne and Baldock wouldn't be at this level is they were fit, I agree. However they aren't fit and through no fault of their own will struggle to stay fit, I was always expecting to be without them for large parts of the season. For one or maybe two players that's fine, although even then the squad should be built without them and have them almost treated as bonus players, this way you mitigate the risk. As it happens we went into the season with Baldock accounting for 50% of our forwards and Browne being one of the wingers along with Jodi Jones and Murphy who between them played around 280 league minutes last season. Bodin has had injury problems, Wildschut might have been unfortunate but by all accounts wasn't in great shape. Playing him for 45 minutes in a friendly seems to be a logical decision but the fact that injuries like that keep happening can't all be down to bad luck.

He has such a high risk/high reward approach to squad building that he has to accept there'll be questions when things like this happen. You can't take the plaudits of bringing in quality players (and I don't think many would doubt that Browne, Baldock, Jones, Murphy etc are quality for this level if fit) and then say it's bad luck when they get injured.

Are there any *good solid lads* at Gillingham or Accrington who are decent and fancy earning a bit more? Don't have to be a future superstar or a fancy dan!

4910972.jpg

Nelson is so not what we need right now…ironically with Moore, Findlay, Brown & Long (and technically Mous) CB is maybe the only area we’re not struggling for numbers. But, assuming he’s largely the same player, he is the ball playing CB we don’t currently have.

If Whyte is available however, he is the kind of player we need right now. Actual pace (with Browne now injured we basically have no pace in the entire squad), familiar with the squad/KR’s style of play already. As he was here last year you still couldn’t really call it ‘strengthening’ from last year. But in all honesty the ‘stronger than last year’ ship feels like it’s sailed already. It’s just about getting a somewhat competitive squad for 22/23 together at this point…

Last edited:
Get Whyte and Nelson.

Ball playing CB, and that’s exactly what we’re missing from our current CB’s. Doubt he’d work with Robinson again, but it would certainly open us up to playing 3-5-2, and in my opinion, that’s when we have looked our best!

Now come on... an ITK poster should only be saying that if there’s genuinely a resignation coming...

Is there? 🤣

Unfortunately I believe Karl would never resign, even if we were relegated he would still claim he was unlucky and have a vision that he could get us up in to the Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom