Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
For someone who says they work in the Prison Service you sure do have a lot of optimism in people that keep making the same stupid mistakes and then blaming others for the outcome. Some people just aren't capable of learning from their mistakes, would have thought you of all people would appreciate and recognise that
That's a pretty low punch

I hope no negativity comes towards kr for the Browne injury he got tackled if wasn’t a no impact injury
He wasn’t really tackled from the angle I saw. Looked like his left leg went from underneath him. It wasn’t even a hard challenge, it was more to do with the angle and Browne trying to wrap his right foot around the ball to cross it in, probably meaning all the weight was in his left leg. Do we know if it was his left knee that he did originally?

Last edited:
Not sure who was in the League 2 team of the year but that would be a good place to start to look for new talent
Well this got me - as an obsessive statto - curious.

It was:
  • Liam Roberts - Northampton Town
  • Kane Wilson - Forest Green Rovers
  • Fraser Horsfall - Northampton Town
  • Peter Clarke - Tranmere Rovers
  • Jon Guthrie - Northampton Town
  • Ebrima Adams - Forest Green Rovers
  • Matt Jay - Exeter City
  • Nicky Cadden - Forest Green Rovers
  • Dominic Telford - Newport County
  • Matt Stevens - Forest Green Rovers
  • Jamille Matt - Forest Green Rovers

Wilson went to Bristol City, Cadden obviously went to Barnsley, Adams went to Cardiff, Horsfall went to Stockport (!), Telford went to Crawley (!!), Peter Clarke went to Walsall (but is also 40 years old), Guthrie is a 30 year old lower league journeyman, Matt is a 32 year old lower league journeyman, Matty Stevens did his ACL in April and is still nowhere near playing again

Leaves Matt Jay - he's definitely a good player, and seemingly a big part of Exeter's storming start to the season. Suspect they'd want a boatload of cash though - he's their captain and basically their CamBran-esque talisman.

Dominic Telford is an interesting one - he was the leading scoring in League Two last year (and the first Newport player to score 20 FL goals in a season since John Aldridge!), is only 25 and was out of contract......but still couldn't find himself a better gig than Crawley over the summer. It was his first and only decent season, but I wonder what's wrong with him.......

For someone who says they work in the Prison Service you sure do have a lot of optimism in people that keep making the same stupid mistakes and then blaming others for the outcome. Some people just aren't capable of learning from their mistakes, would have thought you of all people would appreciate and recognise that

That post shows your ignorance not only of me as an individual but also the thousands of people who work in all areas of the criminal justice system.

Well this got me - as an obsessive statto - curious.

It was:
  • Liam Roberts - Northampton Town
  • Kane Wilson - Forest Green Rovers
  • Fraser Horsfall - Northampton Town
  • Peter Clarke - Tranmere Rovers
  • Jon Guthrie - Northampton Town
  • Ebrima Adams - Forest Green Rovers
  • Matt Jay - Exeter City
  • Nicky Cadden - Forest Green Rovers
  • Dominic Telford - Newport County
  • Matt Stevens - Forest Green Rovers
  • Jamille Matt - Forest Green Rovers

Wilson went to Bristol City, Cadden obviously went to Barnsley, Adams went to Cardiff, Horsfall went to Stockport (!), Telford went to Crawley (!!), Peter Clarke went to Walsall (but is also 40 years old), Guthrie is a 30 year old lower league journeyman, Matt is a 32 year old lower league journeyman, Matty Stevens did his ACL in April and is still nowhere near playing again

Leaves Matt Jay - he's definitely a good player, and seemingly a big part of Exeter's storming start to the season. Suspect they'd want a boatload of cash though - he's their captain and basically their CamBran-esque talisman.

Dominic Telford is an interesting one - he was the leading scoring in League Two last year (and the first Newport player to score 20 FL goals in a season since John Aldridge!), is only 25 and was out of contract......but still couldn't find himself a better gig than Crawley over the summer. It was his first and only decent season, but I wonder what's wrong with him.......
Crawley have some interesting new owners, to do with crypto currency. Perhaps the move isn't as crazy as it seems and is probably earning a boatload to play in League two

That post shows your ignorance not only of me as an individual but also the thousands of people who work in all areas of the criminal justice system.
I've spent many years involved in it, so I guess it must be perspective, I also made no mention of the people working in it, so don't attempt to act offended on their behalf.
The criminal justice system is a shambles
It's full of a lot of underpaid, over worked individuals making the best of a pretty dire situation, however, unlike @Scotchegg, I can see when someone refuses to change in order to help themselves, that must be why he loves Robinson so much

I've spent many years involved in it, so I guess it must be perspective, I also made no mention of the people working in it, so don't attempt to act offended on their behalf.

It's full of a lot of underpaid, over worked individuals making the best of a pretty dire situation, however, unlike @Scotchegg, I can see when someone refuses to change in order to help themselves, that must be why he loves Robinson so much
Fair-play to you, but ,I know what your on about. he's quick to jump on you if he don't like your veiws.he just don't realise his so called over the top positivity does people's head in. Most of us can't be all wrong.

We sold McNally (a novice really) for £2 million to Burnley on June 28th.

Signed Brannagan on a long term deal on big wages instead of walking away with another £1.5 million in the bank from Blackpool.

Yet with 12 days of the transfer window left open we currently have Eastwood as our number one, Seddon & Long as our only 2 full backs at the club, a 50% fit Gorrin as our only defensive midfielder and a 50% Jones as our only fit senior winger.
Bemusing really, certain areas we've shown real intent to go for it, and then other areas we have players who could let out a loose stool and be out for 6 weeks with no backup in sight

What I'd do to see two wing backs through the door... dreamy :love:

Give it up, it's petty, tedious and personal. And look at that last line - are you 13 years old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom